Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Not sure if true but seen on Twitter that at 54.6 yards that was the most long distance goal in Europa League history.

I saw that too but can't find it again so maybe it's pish.

As to the game...Ryan Jack was at his calm and collected European best.  Immaculate performance from him.

As to the game...Ryan Jack was at his calm and collected European best.  Immaculate performance from him.

He likes Europe - in the days when Everton and Napoli were sniffing around, it was due to standout performances against Groningen and Sociedad.

Sad for him that he never pushed on from that and ended up making a sideways step.

34 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You seem to be edging towards the blue side of Glasgow in your quest for a Scottish team.

A meringue?

Not really.  I have nothing against Rangers or Celtic, but I thought those would be too easy of a pick for a foreigner. I get really annoyed when I'm traveling abroad and see Yankees hats, so I figured it'd be the same if I picked one of the big clubs.

40 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don’t think that Ryan was calm and collected when he was coming off the pitch.

32 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

He likes Europe - in the days when Everton and Napoli were sniffing around, it was due to standout performances against Groningen and Sociedad.

Sad for him that he never pushed on from that and ended up making a sideways step.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t think that Ryan was calm and collected when he was coming off the pitch.

Having shipped two goals to Accies on Tuesday I'd have thought you two had more things to worry about.

You have a job to do on Sunday...

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Having shipped two goals to Accies on Tuesday I'd have thought you two had more things to worry about.

You have a job to do on Sunday...

You don’t agree with my appraisal of young Ryan tonight?

If Rangers win tonight I think they're pretty much guaranteed to get out of the group.  Standard Liege are a gang and Rangers should beat them comfortably at Ibrox when they play, so that's 9 points.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

If Rangers win tonight I think they're pretty much guaranteed to get out of the group.  Standard Liege are a gang and Rangers should beat them comfortably at Ibrox when they play, so that's 9 points.

Poznan are missing some good players tonight, but I watched a couple of their games this week and they're completely mad on the park. Mark Warburton in the Championship mad.

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Plan B is the same as Plan A but crazier?

Pretty much. It's going to be a genuinely fun game to watch. Poznan do not f**k about when it comes to attacking, they'll chuck all the players forward if need be.