Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Bearing in mind that a Rangers victory might be a good thing for Scottish football, I’ve decided that I still want them to lose this match.
Disappointed that you felt you had to procrastinate over this at all, but pleased you reached the right conclusion.

So it's gameday. Arguably one of the more exciting ties in European competition this evening with two massive clubs facing off.
I see Rangers have come in a bit and are now sitting as favourites to qualify but it's going to be difficult.
I'm happy that Arda Turan is missing out (obviously, hoping it's nothing too serious as he is missing due to Covid) and I'll be pleasantly surprised if Falcao and Feghouli are benched as the press have been suggesting.
I'm going to predict 1-1, Rangers to win 2-1 AET!

Massive clubs?

Some bookies have Galatasaray priced at 15/4. That's way too long IMO. They've a much better chance than 21% of winning this tie. I think I have it around 55-45 in our favour at the moment, but this really will be a close game.

My team: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Jack (if fit, if not Kamara), Arfield, Jones, Kent, Morelos

The usual European formation, narrow front three, narrow midfield three, the wider midfielders peel off on to overlapping full backs. Make sure the forward three press the boy who sits in the middle of the park for them - keep him in front of you at all times. Attack with pace through Kent and Jones and long balls on the counter in behind their full backs.

Our biggest strength in this matchup is Michael Beale. There aren't many people I'd trust over him to win a one-off knockout game.

5 hours ago, AJF said:

Arda Turan is missing out (hoping it's nothing too serious as he is missing due to Covid

two massive clubs facing off.

I think you answered your own question there, dude.

Also, 'massive clubs?' Geeze f*ckin' peace. Two* UEFA Cup finals between them in half a century?

On the European stage surely you'd have to agree that falls way short of, say, Aberdeen and Dundee United in a non-antediluvian timeframe...

29 minutes ago, IggyStooge said:

I think you answered your own question there, dude.

Also, 'massive clubs?' Geeze f*ckin' peace. Two* UEFA Cup finals between them in half a century?

On the European stage surely you'd have to agree that falls way short of, say, Aberdeen and Dundee United in a non-antediluvian timeframe...

Well, you hear stories of young, "healthy" people being decimated by Covid, so I don't think there's an issue with me hoping it's not too serious.

And I'm glad my comments got the reaction I was hoping for. Whatever way you look at it, Rangers and Galatasaray are massive clubs.