Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

On 18/09/2020 at 08:25, Marten said:

As someone who follows both leagues closely I'd say that you're about right. I would class Rangers as favourites. But Willem II have a good squad capable of beating strong teams. Last season for example they beat both Ajax and AZ away and they were very impressive in both games. It could be a close game.

It could well have been and, for much of the game, W II outplayed us in the middle of the park.  I'd not expected them to show such largesse in defence, though.

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Galatasaray beat Hajduk Split 2-0.

Top of the Turkish league.

Another tough game and I'm not optimistic.

5 minutes ago, bairney said:

Next is Galatarasay, so you can say goodbye (again) 😉

No doubt it’s going to be one of our most difficult ties in the last couple of seasons but our home results against teams like Porto, Feyenoord and Braga last campaign let’s me know that we are certainly capable of getting a result.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

It could well have been and, for much of the game, W II outplayed us in the middle of the park.  I'd not expected them to show such largesse in defence, though.

Neither did I to be honest, must have been a bad day at the office for their defence because I've seen them do much better recently! Congratulations on the win.

So it's gameday. Arguably one of the more exciting ties in European competition this evening with two massive clubs facing off.

I see Rangers have come in a bit and are now sitting as favourites to qualify but it's going to be difficult.

I'm happy that Arda Turan is missing out (obviously, hoping it's nothing too serious as he is missing due to Covid) and I'll be pleasantly surprised if Falcao and Feghouli are benched as the press have been suggesting.

I'm going to predict 1-1, Rangers to win 2-1 AET!

Edited by AJF