Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Always something pretty cool about seeing a double figure scoreline, even if it is on aggregate.

It's like when Dutch and German top tier sides play full strength against amateurs in friendlies and win 17-0.  Looks funny on Livescore.

Tricky team selection ahead of Thursday.  I'd be tempted to go with:
McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katič Barišić 
Davis Jack Aribo
Stewart Arfield
Morelos

How come, from a squad with about 107 wingers, and the best one of those about to be sold, you end up with a starting XI with absolutely no width at all?

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

How come, from a squad with about 107 wingers, and the best one of those about to be sold, you end up with a starting XI with absolutely no width at all?

I'd prefer to keep Candeias but we do get lots of width from Tavernier, Stewart and Barisic. 

I’ve always thought Candeias looked like one of Rangers’ better players. I obviously don’t watch him weekly, but still fairly frequently.

He’s fast as f**k.

And indeed, he’s one of the players you don’t want to see in the Rangers lineup as an opposition fan. Unlike one or two others who you aren’t that bothered, and a couple you’re absolutely delighted to see in there.

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I’ve always thought Candeias looked like one of Rangers’ better players. I obviously don’t watch him weekly, but still fairly frequently.

He can be inconsistent at times, I'd like to keep him but apparently he wants to leave for guaranteed first team fitba.

23 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He’s fast as f**k.

And indeed, he’s one of the players you don’t want to see in the Rangers lineup as an opposition fan. Unlike one or two others who you aren’t that bothered, and a couple you’re absolutely delighted to see in there.

This. Candeias going and being replaced by Hastie is a monumental downgrade. Stewart will be wasted on the wing, and Jones is on the other side but, again, is a worse player than Candeias.

Not sure what the thinking was with that one.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. Candeias going and being replaced by Hastie is a monumental downgrade. Stewart will be wasted on the wing, and Jones is on the other side but, again, is a worse player than Candeias.

We've go Ojo who plays on that side as well whose an unknown quantity at the moment but has shown some good attributes so far. Arfield finished the season playing in that position and was scoring a lot goals in that more attacking role.

Considering he's 31 and had one year left on his deal he was always going to leave reasonably soon in any case.

Fire sale ? Sevco board will be glad to have Candeias off the wage bill, Mr. Let’s Go maybe not so much.

Just finished work in Glasgow city centre and saw a group of *Progres fans enjoying themselves in the sunshine. Hopefully that’s the highlight of their day and Rangers win later. Anything less than a 4-0 win would be disappointing.

*It really would not surprise me if it was Celtic fans in Progres jerseys.

8 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Sevco board will be glad to have Candeias off the wage bill, Mr. Let’s Go maybe not so much.

I don’t think he was a particularly high earner at the club.

And for whatever reason Gerrard just didn’t seem to rate him. He would have been one of the first names on my team sheet due to his link up play with Tav and Morelos but ah well. He’ll be far easier to replace than Morelos or Kent.