Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Leverkusen are a decent team by Europa League standards but the narrative on BT last night, in other media and amongst most Rangers fans I can see is akin to what I'd expect from a plucky Gala Fairydean side losing 4-1 over two legs to Barcelona.

• 4 weeks later...
Rangers drawn to play Lincoln Red Imps away in the Europa League 2nd qualifying round.

They were a decent outfit a few years ago, probably lost their better players to Europe’s top sides since then and are shite now.

5 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

They were a decent outfit a few years ago, probably lost their better players to Europe’s top sides since then and are shite now.

Whitabootery Drew makes a gag.  Not a very good one, mind, but it's at least worth noting.

12 hours ago, G51 said:

Draw for QR3 tomorrow.

We will draw one of these three:

Progres or Willem II

Borac Banja / Rio Ave

Hammarby or Lech

If I'm pushed, I'd take the Progres / Willem II tie. None will be easy though.

I must say that I haven't seen much of Willem II this season, but last season they were a very strong side and not an easy one for anyone to beat, including the big teams in the league. They beat Ajax and AZ both away for example. As far as I'm aware, their squad is pretty much intact too. I'd say you'd have better chances against the winner of the Rio Ave tie.

Edited by Marten

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I must say that I haven't seen much of Willem II this season, but last season they were a very strong side and not an easy time for anyone to beat, including the big teams in the league. They beat Ajax and AZ both away for example. As far as I'm aware, their squad is pretty much intact too. I'd say you'd have better chances against the winner of the Rio Ave tie.

They aren't diddies, you're right. I don't think there are any easy ties here though, short of an upset. Rio Ave might be the best bet given our recent record vs Portuguese sides.

As a Rangers man I am of course averse to knocking out Williams 11, but if it needs to be done then so be it.