Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

12 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We go out of Europe on our own terms.  I feel sorry for the teams that will find out the tournament is cancelled after they qualify for the next round. 

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres yer second leg postponed.

This is why you should always listen to this particular Rangers da.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres yer second leg postponed.

Ffs, we would have been right up for the second leg too.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The ghastly wee turd who makes these films might well be the most despicable human who ever lived.

Its just a wee guy making some cash and watching fitba,  you make him sound like ant and dec. 

Stumbled upon cjnovo992 on the YouTubes recently. Credit where it’s due, for a Sevco fan,  he does a good job at remaining mostly balanced and reasonable In his recaps of games and he keeps his comments open. Fair play. I used to work with one of the contributors to Heart and Hand. They *don’t* keep their comments open. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2020 at 07:58, Monkey Tennis said:

The ghastly wee turd who makes these films might well be the most despicable human who ever lived.

Fucking hell calm yourself down to a riot please. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but if he’s in the Rangers end at a game where they get beat then I am watching that video within seconds of it being uploaded. Admittedly I skip till after they go behind and wait in anticipation of the seethe. 

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Fucking hell calm yourself down to a riot please. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but if he’s in the Rangers end at a game where they get beat then I am watching that video within seconds of it being uploaded. Admittedly I skip till after they go behind and wait in anticipation of the seethe. 

I do that too, but none of it alters the ghastly wee turd's status.

• 4 weeks later...

Silly speculation from the Sun.  I really can't see this happening,  it would be extremely foolhardy unless things drastically change for the better.

RANGERS are set to be told this week by UEFA their Europa League second leg tie at Bayer Leverkusen will be played on August 6.

Steven Gerrard's men went down to a 3-1 home defeat to the Germans in the last 16 first leg at Ibrox last month in what was the last game played in Scotland before the coronavirus lockdown

UEFA are desperate to finish their Champions League and Europa League competitions as soon as possible and have pencilled in the month of August to complete the rounds.

With many clubs across Europe back in forms of training or preparing to go back, plans have been drawn up in several countries for a resumption of football.

And European football's governing body have marked August 6 as the date for the Bayer Leverkusen v Rangers second leg at the Bay Arena, with the match in Germany set to be played behind closed doors

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:
15 hours ago, kingjoey said:
Rumours going round that the last 16 round of the Europa League is to be settled from the results of the first legs. 

Surely unfair on the teams playing away from home in 1st leg

If you check out the results, of the six ties played, 5 of the away teams would go through. The only problem would be the two ties that were postponed, but I suppose that these two could just be played as one off games.

Assuming next season is normal, it's incredibly unlikely for Rangers to be seeded for a hypothetical EL 4th round tie, correct?

I'm judging that from this (EL tab):

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=4FE4712A1E3EA4FA!293&ithint=file%2Cxlsx&authkey=!ADkGldrPjJ1UdUc

Looks like 13 seeded teams in q4 but since the 4th round draw is done before the 3rd round is complete, Rangers would have to be amongst the top 13 seeds when the 3rd round is taking place.

That'd mean 8 or 9 of the 13 teams listed above them would have to go out in q1/q2, I think...