Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

24 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I'd imagine that's over a certain amount of years? Porto and Feynoord no doubt have preformed better down the years but over the past say two seasons I reckon Teams in Celtics group are better.   Porto have been a mess the past few seasons, serious rebuild needed,  Benfica have won 5 of the last 6 leagues. Feynoord are dirt mate and have been for years, 10th in their league the now...young boys not sure about to be honest.. bigger names in Your group but not better teams at the moment 

But as I said not much in it at this level.. And you will have done well to qualify because I didnt think you would.

Yeah its last 5 years which can cause distortions in both an optimistic or pessimistic direction. Rennes aren't a side that would often mhak European competition but won the Frenc Cup so got there. Porto would generally perform much better in Europe than they have. 

I didn't think we'd have a strong a chance as we have of qualifying so happy with that. Arguably Gerraed has performed wonders in Europe while domestic performance hasn't been overly outstanding although our points per game in the league this season are strong.

59 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I'd imagine that's over a certain amount of years? Porto and Feynoord no doubt have preformed better down the years but over the past say two seasons I reckon Teams in Celtics group are better.   Porto have been a mess the past few seasons, serious rebuild needed,  Benfica have won 5 of the last 6 leagues. Feynoord are dirt mate and have been for years, 10th in their league the now...young boys not sure about to be honest.. bigger names in Your group but not better teams at the moment 

But as I said not much in it at this level.. And you will have done well to qualify because I didnt think you would.

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Celtics group is defo the tougher.. compare the teams mate.

Celtic are better than sevco

Lazio are better than Porto 

Cluj are better than Feynoord 

Young boys bout the same as Rennes I'd say..

Not alot in it at this level but I'd say Celtics group shade it

Sectarian singing, sectarian banners, nazi flags, fans singing about dead Celtic players live on Dutch TV, fighting each other in Amsterdam,  Feels like a proper European campaign now.. doing Scotland proud 🙄

The state of this muppet.

Porto a mess in the last few seasons? Didnt they get knocked out the CL by liverpool in the quarters only last season? 😂😂

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

Yeah its last 5 years which can cause distortions in both an optimistic or pessimistic direction. Rennes aren't a side that would often mhak European competition but won the Frenc Cup so got there. Porto would generally perform much better in Europe than they have. 

I didn't think we'd have a strong a chance as we have of qualifying so happy with that. Arguably Gerraed has performed wonders in Europe while domestic performance hasn't been overly outstanding although our points per game in the league this season are strong.

Porto sold some their best players this summer but in saying that spent a fortune too.. youd still expect Porto to have too much for any Scottish team so yeah fair play but still if we are comparing I'd say Lazio are better just now.

Edited by Bohemian

Morelos really is on fire this season scoring in all 3 of the group stage away ties.  I'd be of the view that those goals will carry much more significance to suitors than any number in the SPFL and it will be interesting to see if, mystery Chinese teams aside, someone does put a serious offer on the table.

The wee zombie couldnt lace Edouards boots

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:
On 29/11/2019 at 15:57, bennett said:

The state of this muppet.

The correct response would surely be how embarrassed you are by the actions of your fellow peepul, no?

Just read about that a few hours ago, if it's true then we've only got ourselves to blame for any uefa sanctions. It's not like we haven't been well warned and uefa have previously went fairly easy on us.

• 2 weeks later...

Rangers/ The Rangers have had a tough time going into the last game of qualifying out of European groups. I wouldn't be too surprised if YB can bring a win out of the bag. The home teams are rightly strong favourites though.