Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Another good result in Europe for the Gers. Pity they couldn't hold on for the victory but to be top of the group after 5 games is impressive.

I wonder if a team has ever went from the 1st qualifying round all the way to the groups and then won said group or if Rangers would be the first team to achieve it?....

Another good result in Europe for the Gers. Pity they couldn't hold on for the victory but to be top of the group after 5 games is impressive.
I wonder if a team has ever went from the 1st qualifying round all the way to the groups and then won said group or if Rangers would be the first team to achieve it?....
Gretna did it

A new world record?

47 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Another good result for Rangers in Europe. A draw was probably a fair result although our defending for their 2nd was incredibly poor 

Clown Shoe defending doesn't begin to cover it.

Two cracking goals from Scotland's favourite attacker scored from two delightful crosses.  Borna's weighted cross for the second was beautiful.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Clown Shoe defending doesn't begin to cover it.
Two cracking goals from Scotland's favourite attacker scored from two delightful crosses.  Borna's weighted cross for the second was beautiful.

Aye. But Borna was dug meat the rest of the game.

At this level there’s no point being inspirational now and again, he needs to be on it for the full 90mins. Surprised he didn’t get hooked at half time (good job he wasn’t, what do I know!)

Also Tav was nowhere near the game. Think he needs a rest.

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Aye. But Borna was dug meat the rest of the game.

At this level there’s no point being inspirational now and again, he needs to be on it for the full 90mins. Surprised he didn’t get hooked at half time (good job he wasn’t, what do I know!)

Also Tav was nowhere near the game. Think he needs a rest.

Tav certainly needs a break from taking free kicks.  He was rotten this evening.

Have to admit, I am surprised that YB lost that game last night. Going to Ibrox and chasing a win won't suit them, the last few years they have been at their best when they were able to sit in and let the opposition come out a bit.

7 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

We can't all get easier groups with Cluj and Rennes in them.

Celtics group is defo the tougher.. compare the teams mate.

Celtic are better than sevco

Lazio are better than Porto 

Cluj are better than Feynoord 

Young boys bout the same as Rennes I'd say..

Not alot in it at this level but I'd say Celtics group shade it

8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Celtics group is defo the tougher.. compare the teams mate.

Celtic are better than sevco

Lazio are better than Porto 

Cluj are better than Feynoord 

Young boys bout the same as Rennes I'd say..

Not alot in it at this level but I'd say Celtics group shade it

Not easy to judge except based on results but our group had more higher ranked sides. 

11 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Not easy to judge except based on results but our group had more higher ranked sides. 

I'd imagine that's over a certain amount of years? Porto and Feynoord no doubt have preformed better down the years but over the past say two seasons I reckon Teams in Celtics group are better.   Porto have been a mess the past few seasons, serious rebuild needed,  Benfica have won 5 of the last 6 leagues. Feynoord are dirt mate and have been for years, 10th in their league the now...young boys not sure about to be honest.. bigger names in Your group but not better teams at the moment 

But as I said not much in it at this level.. And you will have done well to qualify because I didnt think you would.

Edited by Bohemian