Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

This has been coming for a while.  TBB had been dropped from the songbook for a number of years, but it's been allowed to creep back in.  Maybe this will be a wake up call for some of the dolts that still persist on singing it.
The majority of tweets ive seen so far about this from Rangers fans has been of a similar view to mine, but I have seen a few "ah but, whit aboot them?!".  f**k up and get our own house in order before bleating on about other clubs.
What's it like going to the football and not joining in the singing?
Do you get funny looks?

This has been coming for a while.  TBB had been dropped from the songbook for a number of years, but it's been allowed to creep back in.  Maybe this will be a wake up call for some of the dolts that still persist on singing it.
The majority of tweets ive seen so far about this from Rangers fans has been of a similar view to mine, but I have seen a few "ah but, whit aboot them?!".  f**k up and get our own house in order before bleating on about other clubs.
Who "allowed it to creep back in"?

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:
1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Who "allowed it to creep back in"?

Not the answer you're looking for I'm sure, but we, as a support are.

It was stopped before by being drowned out and shouted down.  Time to do it again.

If you care about the club then don't sing songs that will hurt the club, it's hardly rocket science.

Certain songs need left in the past, if this doesn't get the message across then nothing will.

I actually feel sorry for the 3000 punters who will be getting their ticket cancelled for this. Will be kids and others who don't indulge in this kind of shite that have to miss out.

I'd be fucking seething If they closed my section.

Edited by Romeo

Just now, Romeo said:

I actually feel sorry for the 3000 punters who will be getting their ticket cancelled for this. Will be kids and other who don't indulge in this kind of shite that have to miss out.

I'd be fucking seething If they closed my section.

Going by the statement it looks like the club's going after the union bears in the broomloan front.

Not the answer you're looking for I'm sure, but we, as a support are.
It was stopped before by being drowned out and shouted down.  Time to do it again.

I attended a rangers game at tannadice (my rangers supporting pal got me a ticket in the rangers end) about 2007.

It was very clear that a large group of away fans sang the 'banned songs' and then proceeded to shush themselves... The same people.

It was clearly a way to sing the songs but also look like you're taking some action.

My point being that I'm not sure they every went away.

19 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

IMG_6896.jpg

Saw that earlier, looks like we're joining Millie and the sheep in the out of Europe gang.

Full ground closure for the Progres game and expulsion for the midgetland game.

No doubt the songs were sung in those games too.

ffs if Rangers say they will take action, then I'm sure they will. They will obviously need evidence. If your at the stadium and care for your team and see others in the stand singing songs which will hurt the team then get yer phone out and take a video of the feckers. if clear video, they can pick them out from the pic and ban them.  If a so called fan is singing songs that will hurt /punish their team then they are not really supporters of that team

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
more detail

Just stop surrounding yourself with bigots.

Come join me at Dumbarton, it'll be pretty much the same minus the bigotry. Club shared the first ever league title, are skint, have shite owners and never going to win a trophy. You'll fit right in.

9 hours ago, Lost In The Humming Air said:

Thank you Uefa. Maybe this might light a fire under the authorities in Scotland to actually start dealing with this vile shit. 

Probably not though. 

The SFA are probably doing everything in their power to try and get UEFA to reconsider.