Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Didnt manage to post in the thread lastnight but did watch the game.

Is it normal for Aribo and Kent to be so hopeless with their finishing? That was a 5 or 6 nil game that.

Aribo seems to better at shots with an angle to them . Straight on and he seems to be far less clinical 

but the fact him and Kent both often found themselves in those positions where they were running straight into the box and getting on the end of balls in was something I found quite new that GVB has obviously worked on in his short time here . 

kent had a half chance in the first minute and aribo had 3 great chances in the first half alone 

Edited by Forever_blueco

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Didnt manage to post in the thread lastnight but did watch the game.

Is it normal for Aribo and Kent to be so hopeless with their finishing? That was a 5 or 6 nil game that.

Aribo lacks variety in his finishing. Give him a chance to curl it in the far corner with his left and he will take it. Anything else and it's a lottery.

He should be taking the first chance with his head.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-banned-lyon-stunned-25629715

Boo fucking hoo. One positive is that we won't get the aural reminder that Bobby Sands is "deed", that the UVF will be coming down the road etc.

On 06/12/2021 at 16:01, Arch Stanton said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-banned-lyon-stunned-25629715

Boo fucking hoo. One positive is that we won't get the aural reminder that Bobby Sands is "deed", that the UVF will be coming down the road etc.

lol nice one pal

Anyway, sounds like GVB is going to make a lot of changes for this one tonight. My best guess is we’ll go with a flat three in midfield instead of the 6/8/10 we’ve played with recently. Though this is really our first look at what will likely be his defensive formation.

McLaughlin, Patterson, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic, Lundstram, Bacuna, Jack (if fit), Kent, Roofe, Hagi.

lol nice one pal
Anyway, sounds like GVB is going to make a lot of changes for this one tonight. My best guess is we’ll go with a flat three in midfield instead of the 6/8/10 we’ve played with recently. Though this is really our first look at what will likely be his defensive formation.
McLaughlin, Patterson, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic, Lundstram, Bacuna, Jack (if fit), Kent, Roofe, Hagi.
Didn't think mclaughin was in the European squad?

26 minutes ago, just me 2 said:
5 hours ago, G51 said:
lol nice one pal

Didn't think mclaughin was in the European squad?

Was left out of a couple of the early qualifiers but he’s in now.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

lol nice one pal

Got 9/11 (RIP). Looks like a 4-2-3-1, for some reason.