Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

23 minutes ago, Orbix said:

The pictures are of some United fans. 

Thought I was going to make it to tomorrow before the nerves really kicked in but reading the bits and pieces on twitter from Sky and Frankfurt has absolutely fucked me.

The fact their fans are proper ultras and not wee flannels with flares?

I’d be very worried if any of my friends or family went over, especially without a ticket.

Walking down to Buchanan Galleries earlier, I saw there is a commemorative T-shirt on sale.

Delighted to see the colour has been chosen to promote the most famous produce of Seville. Although I was looking through the window, so potentially the lighting affected my view, and the colour is in honour of United finally returning to European competition.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

What were United fans doing in Spain?

Going on holiday in 2019, after playing Sevilla in 2018 and having warrants out for them for being drunken dickheads.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7310153/amp/Five-Manchester-United-fans-arrested-Spain-drunken-rampage-flying-holiday.html

1 hour ago, stressball said:

The fact their fans are proper ultras and not wee flannels with flares?

I’d be very worried if any of my friends or family went over, especially without a ticket.

Less that, though their fans do have a reputation. More the tactical build up etc, there was a good piece on Rangers from a German perspective and the route to the finals they posted. 

Just now, Orbix said:

Going on holiday in 2019, after playing Sevilla in 2018 and having warrants out for them for being drunken dickheads.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7310153/amp/Five-Manchester-United-fans-arrested-Spain-drunken-rampage-flying-holiday.html

Less that, though their fans do have a reputation. More the tactical build up etc, there was a good piece on Rangers from a German perspective and the route to the finals they posted. 

I think the main thing with RBL and Dortmund is they didn’t take Rangers seriously so just assumed they’d win on sheer ability.

GVB completely out smarted them and  dragged them into his game plan.

If Frankfurt do their homework and find a way to ensure that doesn’t happen then it could be a weird watch.

This is absolutely embarrassing [emoji23] a support that apparently couldn’t care that we made the final [emoji85]

All fun and games until theres an asterisk next to the Free Cancellation claim, denoting T&Cs/Fair Use.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...en-rampage-flying-holiday.html

I appreciate the info and link, but come on, if you say United on a Scottish football forum without context you should really be taking about Dundee or Ayr.

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

Got a link to the article? 

2 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I can only go on the opinions of rangers fans I know but seems the majority expect to win, that from memory was different to when they played Zenit.

seems the feeling is confident, i guess this game seems far more winnable than  last time

The overwhelming feeling I've encountered is that we're going into this one with belief that we can win. In 2008 that certainly wasn't the case.

That's different from saying we expect to win. 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

The overwhelming feeling I've encountered is that we're going into this one with belief that we can win. In 2008 that certainly wasn't the case.

That's different from saying we expect to win. 

Yep, that’s how I’m feeling. We have a fighting chance but a feeling of nervousness and pessimism is starting to creep over me.

Edited by AJF