The_Kincardine

Our Wee Penalty Spot in Europe. Rangers 20/21

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Exactly. If you want an obnoxious Rangers poster for commentary, pick the guy who called the league in January.

Just now, WilliamBragg said:

Kris Boys?

@G51- the audacious wee fucker!

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As always, if Celtic/Rangers win in Europe: "Fair play, impressive stuff, bettering the coefficient and improving Scotland's image in Europe."

If they lose in Europe: "lmao!"

That's just Scottish teams in Europe on the TV. Credit if they do well, hounded and laughed at if they don't.

It's really win-win for the neutral.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

And, in response, if you want a pair of moaning aud gits who always think we'll lose then Ben and I are your men...

I'm the same with my own team.

I think it happens to you when you hit 45.

That's when everything was better back in the day and you decide Gregor Stevens is better than Ryan Kent or Wayne Biggins was definitely better than Edouard because everything was better back then!

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

It's really win-win for the neutral.

I'm gasping for a Scots neutral to come on here and describe tonight as a win.

Enjoy your night lads.

I'm going to my bed because I'm an old b*****d who's got work in the morning in sunny Govan.

1 minute ago, WilliamBragg said:

I'm the same with my own team.

I think it happens to you when you hit 45.

That was while ago.  We're on the verge of 55 and I am still grumpy and cautious...

I'm gasping for a Scots neutral to come on here and describe tonight as a win.

You pished? This is the 2nd comment you've made in response to me that hasn't made a lick of sense. Plenty of people being congratulatory, and plenty of people happy in regard to the co-efficient being boosted.

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

aye.  How the f**k can they favour a British side, eh?

There is a huge difference between favouring Scottish/British sides and what was on offer tonight.

There wasnt even a hint of a balanced analysis of the game, let alone any praise for an injury-ravaged Antwerp side, the excellent finish for their third goal especially.

BT are a national broadcaster who should be aiming commentary at a wider audience and being relatively balanced in their assessments. Tonight was genuinely like listening to Rangers TV commentary. Having two very staunch Rangers fans in the studio, as good as Hutton and in particular McCoist usually are, didnt exactly help that either.

It was a great game. One which Rangers* probably deserved to win. But it was ruined somewhat by BTs commentary team tonight.

That was while ago.  We're on the verge of 55 and I am still grumpy and cautious...

Me too. 

Got the big 50 next year but think I got grumpy around 45.

If we win next week, Gerrard will become the Rangers manager with the most European wins in history (24, Smith has 23).

Insane.

3 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

Me too. 

Got the big 50 next year but think I got grumpy around 45.

I'm 61.  I get grumpy about football Rangers and politics.  Otherwise?  I'm pretty easy-going...

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

If we win next week, Gerrard will become the Rangers manager with the most European wins in history (24, Smith has 23).

Insane.

I love him and I want to give him a big hug. 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Insane.

To be fair to Smith he was regularly playing in Champions League against the really big guns.

That's not to put down Gerrards record but actually to show how impressive Smiths record was. 

Anyway this auld yin is now definitely going to sleep.

Night all.

c586bc97f3b198fd362b2de30cb15257.jpg.ca76d9ee1f9b90f34af5ae37983dc8fb.jpgSimon Phoenix thawed out early once more to take the field for Antwerp tonight. 

12 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

To be fair to Smith he was regularly playing in Champions League against the really big guns.

That's not to put down Gerrards record but actually to show how impressive Smiths record was. 

Anyway this auld yin is now definitely going to sleep.

Night all.

He was aye, but Smith also had a run to a European final and was a bawhair away from a second.

In that context it’s seriously impressive. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

c586bc97f3b198fd362b2de30cb15257.jpg.ca76d9ee1f9b90f34af5ae37983dc8fb.jpgSimon Phoenix thawed out early once more to take the field for Antwerp tonight. 

One of the best movie villains ever...