Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think you need to read what I was responding with. At no point have I said QoS fans have been sectarian.

I've not actually said anywhere they can't be outraged. I said I find it contradictory, which it is. But going by a lot on Twitter, and slowly on here by the looks of it, it appears they are too stupid to see that. And like your fellow Rangers poster you're reading things that aren't there. At no point have I said "All Rangers fans are racist/sectarian".

I expect there are a few decent OF tbh but again, the majority who follow them are indeed the dregs of society. If you can't see the large proportion of scumbags who latch on to the OF you're choosing not to see it.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Looking at Kamara's reaction I'm smelling bullshit that he punched that p***k later on. He actually looked to shit himself when that w****r turned around to him so I reckon their isn't any violence in him. And if he has just been racially abused (which I reckon he probably has) and hasn't ripped the guys throat out there and then I doubt he'd go for him later.

As has already been said it's a sad state of affairs when folk have so much hate for another club that they'll condone this. Plenty of Celtic fans on Twitter showing themselves for what they truly are and similarly I find the outrage from Rangers fans contradictory as well given they'll have no problem with sectarianism.

Idc Smile GIF

"I didn't say you can't be angry, I just said it's contradictory" is as weak as piss.

The less said about your last paragraph, the better tbh.

200.gif&key=a800c23c375915732a2c1d629a4bae318f1ecc622b9733edb0f205a128cc9ccd
"I didn't say you can't be angry, I just said it's contradictory" is as weak as piss.
The less said about your last paragraph, the better tbh.
That's what your using? Me discussing the Rangers fans on Twitter? So by your own logic, all Rangers fans are on Twitter? Give it up ffs.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think you need to read what I was responding with. At no point have I said QoS fans have been sectarian.

I've not actually said anywhere they can't be outraged. I said I find it contradictory, which it is. But going by a lot on Twitter, and slowly on here by the looks of it, it appears they are too stupid to see that. And like your fellow Rangers poster you're reading things that aren't there. At no point have I said "All Rangers fans are racist/sectarian".

I expect there are a few decent OF tbh but again, the majority who follow them are indeed the dregs of society. If you can't see the large proportion of scumbags who latch on to the OF you're choosing not to see it.

Agreed, you never said a QoS fan had been sectarian but you suggested you’d be entitled to call out sectarianism even if they had which is the opposite of what you are saying about Rangers fans.

You say it is contradictory that Rangers fans are outraged about alleged racism because they are fine with sectarianism? You said Rangers fans have no problem with sectarianism, not “some” or “many”.

Agreed, you never said a QoS fan had been sectarian but you suggested you’d be entitled to call out sectarianism even if they had which is the opposite of what you are saying about Rangers fans.
You say it is contradictory that Rangers fans are outraged about alleged racism because they are fine with sectarianism? You said Rangers fans have no problem with sectarianism, not “some” or “many”.

The first paragraph is once more a complete fabrication. And like I've already said in my last post it was in reference to those on Twitter which I thought was blatantly obvious given I mentioned Celtic fans on Twitter in the previous line. But if you and G51 want to choose to believe I meant Rangers fans across the board to suit your own agendas then fire in. But you're wrong.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

The first paragraph is once more a complete fabrication. And like I've already said in my last post it was in reference to those on Twitter which I thought was blatantly obvious given I mentioned Celtic fans on Twitter in the previous line. But if you and G51 want to choose to believe I meant Rangers fans across the board to suit your own agendas then fire in. But you're wrong.

sorry about that pal, we can't help that we didn't understand your well-crafted and well intentioned post. we're the dregs of society after all. it's not our fault we're stupid and racist.

sorry about that pal, we can't help that we didn't understand your well-crafted and well intentioned post. we're the dregs of society after all. it's not our fault we're stupid and racist.
Apology accepted.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Looking at Kamara's reaction I'm smelling bullshit that he punched that p***k later on. He actually looked to shit himself when that w****r turned around to him so I reckon their isn't any violence in him. And if he has just been racially abused (which I reckon he probably has) and hasn't ripped the guys throat out there and then I doubt he'd go for him later.

As has already been said it's a sad state of affairs when folk have so much hate for another club that they'll condone this. Plenty of Celtic fans on Twitter showing themselves for what they truly are and similarly I find the outrage from Rangers fans contradictory as well given they'll have no problem with sectarianism.

If you read the statement they don't say Kamara punched any one only that the boy was punched. 

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

I've seen tons of managers and players express concern for a badly injured opponent and so have you. Most recent example I can think of was Liverpool, about Wolves' keeper on Monday night. It's absolutely the norm for managers in particular to say something like "I hope the boy's alright, you never want to see something like that" and to pretend otherwise is a "weird agenda."

It was not a freak accident, he put his foot where you should never put your foot unless you know there's no opponent there. Just because something wasn't done intentionally, doesn't make it an accident. There are things in the middle like negligence and recklessness. That's why it was a straight red card. It doesn't have to be intentional to be a reckless disregard for your opponent's safety.

Why are OF fans so predisposed to defend absolutely anything within their club. The reaction to Roofe's sending off is to go on the defensive and claim there was no intent. I have yet to see anyone say there was intent to hurt the keeper so who they are defending this against I don't know.

On the other hand if I was a Rangers fan I would be slating Roofe not defending him, they were well in the game when he got sent off, they were only a goal away from staying in the tie and a possible quarter final where Zagreb, Granada and Villareal all wait (very tough but not impossible fixtures). His challenge was awful and worthy of a red card (although no Rangers fan is saying otherwise) so he had left his team with an absolute mountain to climb to rescue the tie. I would be annoyed and disappointed at a player on my team for getting sent off and sealing our fate in a game when there was still a decent chance we could have got a goal and stayed in it.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Okay, so to be clear here and for the avoidance of doubt: you believe you are able to call out sectarianism without contradiction and you also believe Rangers fans should be able to call out racism without contradiction as well given that you never meant Rangers fans across the board?

If you read the statement they don't say Kamara punched any one only that the boy was punched. 
It says Kamara punched him with Gerrard watching. It's not on that screenshot but it's on Slavia's full statement.

1 minute ago, ahemps said:

Why are OF fans so predisposed to defend absolutely anything within their club. The reaction to Roofe's sending off is to go on the defensive and claim there was no intent. I have yet to see anyone say there was intent to hurt the keeper so who they are defending this against I don't know.

On the other hand if I was a Rangers fan I would be slating Roofe not defending him, they were well in the game when he got sent off, they were only a goal away from staying in the tie and a possible quarter final where Zagreb, Granada and Villareal all wait (very tough but not impossible fixtures). His challenge was awful and worthy of a red card (although no Rangers fan is saying otherwise) so he had left his team with an absolute mountain to climb to rescue the tie. I would be annoyed and disappointed at a player on my team for getting sent off and sealing our fate in a game when there was still a decent chance we could have got a goal and stayed in it.

I think every Rangers fan I’ve seen have agreed it was a red card? There aren’t many I’d imagine would say otherwise.

You can say it was a red card while also believing it was accidental. That doesn’t diminish the recklessness of the tackle.

Okay, so to be clear here and for the avoidance of doubt: you believe you are able to call out sectarianism without contradiction and you also believe Rangers fans should be able to call out racism without contradiction as well given that you never meant Rangers fans across the board?

Yes.

Go have a look at Twitter. It won't take you long to see what I'm talking about. Folk getting on their soapbox about racism (which should always be the case/quite right) and then reading back on their page where they spew hateful comments themselves about people they don't like. I'm not sure how it could be argued it isn't anything other than contradictory.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I think every Rangers fan I’ve seen have agreed it was a red card? There aren’t many I’d imagine would say otherwise.

You can say it was a red card while also believing it was accidental. That doesn’t diminish the recklessness of the tackle.

I practically said every Rangers fan thinks it was red.

I am not debating about intent, recklesness or accidental. I have no doubt he didn't want to hurt the keeper.

He goes in on the keeper with his boot above head height. It was stupidity and led to a sending off.

What I am saying is why are none of you questioning the stupidity of the challenge? Even if he wins the ball and the keeper moves out the way the ref blows for a dangerous challenge. He was standing to gain nothing from this. He put you in a weaker position in the tie by getting sent off and all every single Rangers fan is doing is defending him????

1 minute ago, ahemps said:

I practically said every Rangers fan thinks it was red.

I am not debating about intent, recklesness or accidental. I have no doubt he didn't want to hurt the keeper.

He goes in on the keeper with his boot above head height. It was stupidity and led to a sending off.

What I am saying is why are none of you questioning the stupidity of the challenge? Even if he wins the ball and the keeper moves out the way the ref blows for a dangerous challenge. He was standing to gain nothing from this. He put you in a weaker position in the tie by getting sent off and all every single Rangers fan is doing is defending him????

What is there to question? It was stupid. It was dangerous play and worthy of a red. There's absolutely nothing else to debate about it?

People aren't going off on Roofe and slagging him because he's been an integral part of a really well-liked team who have already achieved their goals for the season. Everyone knows he's really good and just did something stupid. It happens.

This could be a good thing in the long run. Plenty Sevconians (presumably most of them WASPS) praising the behaviour of their captain when hearing the insult. It will maybe make them take a step back and think about banding about insults based on religion when they see the reaction it can create. I very much doubt it though.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

What is there to question? It was stupid. It was dangerous play and worthy of a red. There's absolutely nothing else to debate about it?

People aren't going off on Roofe and slagging him because he's been an integral part of a really well-liked team who have already achieved their goals for the season. Everyone knows he's really good and just did something stupid. It happens.

Pretty much this but i also would go as far as saying Roofe was a fanny to go for such a ball and effectively cost us any chance of us winning the tie, I'm not happy with him but that'll fade. 

Predictable that this thread should degenerate into whitabootery and point scoring.

Watching that clip back made me pretty sick. You can see kamara's  reaction is one of shock and devastation. As has been pointed out too, the other Slavia players seem a bit shocked too. Although it might seem like there's nothing to be done I think it might be important to remember that UEFA aren't the criminal justice system, so may not need corroborating evidence and "beyond reasonable doubt". They won't want their tournament marred by racism, so I can see them looking at the available evidence and handing out a ban. 

I'm also well in favour of him receiving a decent punch to the coupon. A ban and an apology will have to suffice.