Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

You need to try and get us out of your head mate. It'll do you no good in the long term.

HTH

He's got a point though. For a support that claim to be the defenders of the downtrodden, they seem pretty quick to defend racists.

11 minutes ago, thisal said:

He's got a point though. For a support that claim to be the defenders of the downtrodden, they seem pretty quick to defend racists.

No Celtic fan on here is defending racists.

I can't believe how thick and gullible posters are on here sometimes, it's quite incredible.

Edited by Romeo

Looking at Kamara's reaction I'm smelling bullshit that he punched that p***k later on. He actually looked to shit himself when that w****r turned around to him so I reckon their isn't any violence in him. And if he has just been racially abused (which I reckon he probably has) and hasn't ripped the guys throat out there and then I doubt he'd go for him later.

As has already been said it's a sad state of affairs when folk have so much hate for another club that they'll condone this. Plenty of Celtic fans on Twitter showing themselves for what they truly are and similarly I find the outrage from Rangers fans contradictory as well given they'll have no problem with sectarianism.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

No Celtic fan on here is defending racists.

I can't believe how thick and gullible posters are on here sometimes, it's quite incredible.

Are all Celtic fans on here? The very first first line you quoted "The online Celtic fans reaction to this is bizzare"

You thick gullible p***k.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Looking at Kamara's reaction I'm smelling bullshit that he punched that p***k later on. He actually looked to shit himself when that w****r turned around to him so I reckon their isn't any violence in him. And if he has just been racially abused (which I reckon he probably has) and hasn't ripped the guys throat out there and then I doubt he'd go for him later.

As has already been said it's a sad state of affairs when folk have so much hate for another club that they'll condone this. Plenty of Celtic fans on Twitter showing themselves for what they truly are and similarly I find the outrage from Rangers fans contradictory as well given they'll have no problem with sectarianism.

You'll find fans of all 42 clubs, not just Celtic and Rangers, who believe that sectarianism and racism is acceptable and use sectarian/racist terms regularly. Some of them even post on here.

The game:  Poor performance from us and we played into their hands for a large part of the game.  They were more streetwise and cute and the ref was falling for it everytime.  No issues with either red card.  Two stick on bookings and Roofe was dangerous rather than malicious I think.

The aftermath: I think we can all agree that he's said something racist. Kamara and Zungu's reaction tells you that, and even on one of the angles one of his black team mates appears to hear what he's said as well from his reaction.  If it's true he's had his arse handed to him after the game, then I can only say I'm delighted to hear it.  The shitebag way that he's done it as well is something else.  I wonder what the rest of the guys in his team who are black think about continuing to play with him?

I'm not actually sure what UEFA can do about it. He's made sure to cover his mouth and unless one of the officials has heard anything, which they can't have or he'd have been shown a red card, then it's all one guys word against the other.

You'll find fans of all 42 clubs, not just Celtic and Rangers, who believe that sectarianism and racism is acceptable and use sectarian/racist terms regularly. Some of them even post on here.
I don't doubt that there will be cretins among other supports across the country, it's just far worse at those two clubs.

The sectarianism that is.

10 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Unless it’s in self defence or in a situation where you feel you are in danger then no it isn’t good.

I’ve seen a lot of damage, life changing damage done to people from a single punch. Racism is abhorrent however doesn’t justify potential endangering someone.

This,  all that attacking the Prague player does is to allow them to play the victim and deflect. We'd probably all be tempted to lamp the Prague player but as you said one punch can ruin lives.

Hopefully the authorities come down severely on this, discrimination has no place in our game/society.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't doubt that there will be cretins among other supports across the country, it's just far worse at those two clubs.

The sectarianism that is.

People in glass houses and all that. It's very easy for fans of other clubs to paint these problems as being confined to the Old Firm when it definitely isn't the case.

Certainly, I'd want to make sure that there were no supporters of my club that engaged in such activity before I told a lie like "The outrage from Rangers fans is contradictory because they have no problem with sectarianism", lest I look even more foolish than is already achieved by such a statement.

Genuinely can’t believe that the Slavia boy has hit out with a worse excuse than ‘the racist wind’ thing that Tonev tried. There can’t be anyone on the planet who actually believes that he said “you’re a fucking guy” 

Oh, and firmly in the ‘punching f**k out of racists is objectively good’ camp. 

People in glass houses and all that. It's very easy for fans of other clubs to paint these problems as being confined to the Old Firm when it definitely isn't the case.
Certainly, I'd want to make sure that there were no supporters of my club that engaged in such activity before I told a lie like "The outrage from Rangers fans is contradictory because they have no problem with sectarianism", lest I look even more foolish than is already achieved by such a statement.

Ah right, so I can't call out sectarianism for what it is just in case a fellow QoS fan has used such language in the past?

If you think the biggest proportion/overwhelming majority of sectarianism within our country doesn't come from people associated with the two arse cheeks then you're kidding no one but yourself.

What part of your in quote is a lie? Plenty of Rangers fans on Twitter are doing just that. It's hard to play the 'people's skin colour shouldn't be an issue' when the same folk do exactly that with religion replacing skin colour. One of the fuckwits claimed Slavia were racist before dishing out a racist slur himself. That sums it up perfectly tbh.

47 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I find the outrage from Rangers fans contradictory as well given they'll have no problem with sectarianism.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ah right, so I can't call out sectarianism for what it is just in case a fellow QoS fan has used such language in the past?

In fairness, these statements you’ve made oppose each other.

On one hand you are saying you find it contradictory that Rangers fans are outraged at racism as you believe some Rangers fans have no problem with sectarianism.

And on the other hand, you are saying you should be allowed to call out sectarianism even though some QoS fans have been sectarian before.

For what it’s worth, I don’t really want to get into a whataboutery debate, I just think your statements contradict each other.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you think the biggest proportion/overwhelming majority of sectarianism within our country doesn't come from people associated with the two arse cheeks then you're kidding no one but yourself.

What part of your in quote is a lie? Plenty of Rangers fans on Twitter are doing just that. It's hard to play the 'people's skin colour shouldn't be an issue' when the same folk do exactly that with religion replacing skin colour. One of the fuckwits claimed Slavia were racist before dishing out a racist slur himself. That sums it up perfectly tbh.

No, you can absolutely call out sectarianism and racism when you see it. Doing that is really good.

What makes you look really stupid is when you say "Rangers fans can't be outraged about one of their players being racially abused because some Rangers fans are racist/sectarian". What makes you look even stupider is when you say "Rangers fans can't be outraged about one of their players being racially abused because all Rangers fans are racist/sectarian", which is what you actually said.

There is an incredible superiority complex among some fans of wee teams on here, who seem to believe that Old Firm supporters are something of an underclass, nothing more than the dregs of society. The attitude is likely a reflection of the complexion of the board, which is overwhelmingly middle-class and yet doesn't appear to be able to see that.

In fairness, these statements you’ve made oppose each other.
On one hand you are saying you find it contradictory that Rangers fans are outraged at racism as you believe some Rangers fans have no problem with sectarianism.
And on the other hand, you are saying you should be allowed to call out sectarianism even though some QoS fans have been sectarian before.
For what it’s worth, I don’t really want to get into a whataboutery debate, I just think your statements contradict each other.

I think you need to read what I was responding with. At no point have I said QoS fans have been sectarian.

No, you can absolutely call out sectarianism and racism when you see it. Doing that is really good.
What makes you look really stupid is when you say "Rangers fans can't be outraged about one of their players being racially abused because some Rangers fans are racist/sectarian". What makes you look even stupider is when you say "Rangers fans can't be outraged about one of their players being racially abused because all Rangers fans are racist/sectarian", which is what you actually said.
There is an incredible superiority complex among some fans of wee teams on here, who seem to believe that Old Firm supporters are something of an underclass, nothing more than the dregs of society. The attitude is likely a reflection of the complexion of the board, which is overwhelmingly middle-class and yet doesn't appear to be able to see that.

I've not actually said anywhere they can't be outraged. I said I find it contradictory, which it is. But going by a lot on Twitter, and slowly on here by the looks of it, it appears they are too stupid to see that. And like your fellow Rangers poster you're reading things that aren't there. At no point have I said "All Rangers fans are racist/sectarian".

I expect there are a few decent OF tbh but again, the majority who follow them are indeed the dregs of society. If you can't see the large proportion of scumbags who latch on to the OF you're choosing not to see it.

Czech reaction is mixed this morning. From condemnation of Kudela and asking questions about racism in CZ to highlighting Gerrard falsely accusing players of racism in the past.

Other than that, a lot of complaints about Rangers conduct on the pitch, Goldson stamping on a Slavia player before the incident and Gerrards behaviour.

There isn’t a lot of people backing Kudela or saying it didn’t happen. 

From the Rangers TV footage, one of the players looks to be saying he called him a monkey. Man in Czech is Muz, pronounced moosh and guy is chlap with a hard c and soft h so it would be hard to say he misheard him and it was all a misunderstanding