Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

On 07/03/2021 at 13:06, G51 said:

You can still get 13/10 on a Slavia win on Thursday

Assuming they didn't get hospitalization-level drunk, they should have enough time with four days to recover. Not ideal, but good thing the game is on Thursday and not Wednesday.

6 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Assuming they didn't get hospitalization-level drunk, they should have enough time with four days to recover. Not ideal, but good thing the game is on Thursday and not Wednesday.

Apparently they were out running today. Can't imagine that was a lot of fun.

FootballStewart has released his preview of the Slavia Prague game. I’d highly recommend his Patreon for Rangers fans - tactical reviews of every game, and tactical previews of the big ones.

His conclusion is basically that these are two evenly matched teams but if we play well, we should be fine. Slavia play a very unusual style of football.

I had a feeling that this tie might have been the one to end Rangers European campaign but now I think they will be on such a high that it would take a much better team than Slavia to beat them tonight.

Sometimes after a big occasion or result a team can have a dip but I think Gerrard just wont allow his players to do that.

2-1 Rangers tonight.

1 hour ago, ahemps said:

I had a feeling that this tie might have been the one to end Rangers European campaign but now I think they will be on such a high that it would take a much better team than Slavia to beat them tonight.

Sometimes after a big occasion or result a team can have a dip but I think Gerrard just wont allow his players to do that.

2-1 Rangers tonight.

My fear is that the players haven't done the level of training they normally would due to a day on the drink and a day recovering, so they'll be going in underprepared.

But what the hell. It's just exciting to get to see Joe Aribo, Glen Kamara, Ryan Kent, Ianis Hagi and Alfredo Morelos play football. If we win, we win. We've already met our objectives in this competition.

I think it's a hard one to judge as I don't know a lot about them to be honest. I think we need to score tonight to give us the platform to qualify. Even if it's a draw or a 1 goal loss, I think scoring is crucial.

Looking at the Slavia team for tonight, it is the strongest they could field

Sima and Olayenka like to take defenders for a walk, Kuchta is a standard forward but scores a few goals. Provod is probably the best midfielder playing in CZ

if Rangers are going to take anything from tonight, I would expect it would be down the right, attacking the inexperienced Bah and the ageing  Kudela.