Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

I really want Arsenal. 
Would be delighted with an easy draw or an English team, not too sure who's all left but I don't want some well structured German team.. 
We're fifteen minutes from there being no German teams left, so not sure you'll have to worry about that.

I've no idea why Rangers fans seem to be so happy with the idea of drawing an English side. There are plenty of very beatable sides still in the competition.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

We're fifteen minutes from there being no German teams left, so not sure you'll have to worry about that.

I've no idea why Rangers fans seem to be so happy with the idea of drawing an English side. There are plenty of very beatable sides still in the competition.

I'd be delighted if we drew a beatable side, but getting a shot at an English team could be a great game for the #narratives.

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'll take an easier draw happily I'd just love to knock out an English team especially. 

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Won't have to worry about drawing Leicester...

I think Rangers-Arsenal would be fun as hell.  Ultimately, that's kind of what this is all about.

14 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

A good test of where we are plus if we were able to beat an English side that would be the icing on the cake. I suppose we're just enjoying playing good fitba and being (so far) away from the banter years.

7 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Won't have to worry about drawing Leicester...

I think Rangers-Arsenal would be fun as hell.  Ultimately, that's kind of what this is all about.

I think we would beat Arsenal right now tbh and I follow a lot of Arsenal fans on Twitter so it would be a good laugh.

We played them years ago in a pre season, Jack Wilshere played as a young teenager and ripped us apart, however this clip that came from the game remains one of the most undefeated Rangers YouTube clips. I'm guessing you're familar with a Mexican Wave and The Bouncy...

A good test of where we are plus if we were able to beat an English side that would be the icing on the cake. I suppose we're just enjoying playing good fitba and being (so far) away from the banter years.

It'll be a good test of where you are whoever you get. If you pass that test then you'll probably have another chance to draw an English team.

If I were a Sevco fan I'd simply want this run to keep going as long as possible seeing it's really all you've got left this season (who knows what's happening with the Scottish Cup). If it's a top team then great, bring them on, but I wouldn't care if they were English, Spanish or Italian, it's just different flavours of icing.

Delighted to get through to the next round. Got a bit nervy at 3-2 when they were having a right go but Rangers deserved winners in the end. Morelos was superb in both games and to be involved in 8 of the 9 goals is some going.

Thats 6 penalties we’ve had against Belgian teams this season which would put us in 8th place out of 18 had we been competing in the Belgian league 😂 

Would prefer one of the weaker teams left in the tournament in the next round to be honest. Save the glamour ties for the final. 👍

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

It'll be a good test of where you are whoever you get. If you pass that test then you'll probably have another chance to draw an English team.

If I were a Sevco fan I'd simply want this run to keep going as long as possible seeing it's really all you've got left this season (who knows what's happening with the Scottish Cup). If it's a top team then great, bring them on, but I wouldn't care if they were English, Spanish or Italian, it's just different flavours of icing.

I think there's something to be said for regional rivalries. Playing Arsenal, Spurs or ManU (not ideal) gets the juices flowing a bit more than playing Roma or Villarreal.

14 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I think we would beat Arsenal right now tbh and I follow a lot of Arsenal fans on Twitter so it would be a good laugh.

We played them years ago in a pre season, Jack Wilshere played as a young teenager and ripped us apart, however this clip that came from the game remains one of the most undefeated Rangers YouTube clips. I'm guessing you're familar with a Mexican Wave and The Bouncy...

That looked like a hell of an atmosphere.

Thoroughly entertaining game and that's one helluva team Gerrard has put together. All that in less than 3 years. I like the guy. Always comes across as decent and level headed.

I don't think Rangers should fear anyone in the next round. Clearly confidence running through the team and great to watch from a neutral.