Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Just now, G51 said:

When this season is over, we’ll look back at this game and realise just how mental it was.

A great example of a Game That Has Everything.

Bit mad mad that you let in a third of the goals you've conceded in the league all season in one game and still won.

Fair fucks to you. 

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Except you're picking the two most cautious, self-critical 'FFS Rangers' posters on the UrsaSphere...

Exactly. If you want an obnoxious Rangers poster for commentary, pick the guy who called the league in January.

Just now, WilliamBragg said:

Not criticising you my erudite friend just saying I like my commentators to talk about the game without cheerleading.

And, in response, if you want a pair of moaning aud gits who always think we'll lose then Ben and I are your men...

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As always, if Celtic/Rangers win in Europe: "Fair play, impressive stuff, bettering the coefficient and improving Scotland's image in Europe."

If they lose in Europe: "lmao!"

That's just Scottish teams in Europe on the TV. Credit if they do well, hounded and laughed at if they don't.

It's really win-win for the neutral.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

And, in response, if you want a pair of moaning aud gits who always think we'll lose then Ben and I are your men...

I'm the same with my own team.

I think it happens to you when you hit 45.

That's when everything was better back in the day and you decide Gregor Stevens is better than Ryan Kent or Wayne Biggins was definitely better than Edouard because everything was better back then!

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I'm gasping for a Scots neutral to come on here and describe tonight as a win.

You pished? This is the 2nd comment you've made in response to me that hasn't made a lick of sense. Plenty of people being congratulatory, and plenty of people happy in regard to the co-efficient being boosted.

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

aye.  How the f**k can they favour a British side, eh?

There is a huge difference between favouring Scottish/British sides and what was on offer tonight.

There wasnt even a hint of a balanced analysis of the game, let alone any praise for an injury-ravaged Antwerp side, the excellent finish for their third goal especially.

BT are a national broadcaster who should be aiming commentary at a wider audience and being relatively balanced in their assessments. Tonight was genuinely like listening to Rangers TV commentary. Having two very staunch Rangers fans in the studio, as good as Hutton and in particular McCoist usually are, didnt exactly help that either.

It was a great game. One which Rangers* probably deserved to win. But it was ruined somewhat by BTs commentary team tonight.