Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Happy with the draw but Olympiacos beat Arsenal away from home in past 2 seasons in a row in the Europa League so they won’t be easy games should we get past Malmö.

Confident we’ll get through both rounds though.

It will be humid out there and I think they will actually have near a full house too.

We need a big win in the first leg. They don't tend to travel that well so could happen.

Edited by DMCs

If Rangers don't reach the CL group stages and end up in the EL its far better financially to lose in the CL playoff round to Olympiacos, than lose to Malmo and then beat the Armenian/Kazakh team in the EL playoff. Losing CL playoff teams earn an extra £4.2m compared to other EL group stage teams.

Probably not the most positive way to look at it given the decent draw but it shows there's (a little bit of) a middle ground between the standard CL & EL earnings.

What we all thinking about tonight then?

I'm quite optimistic, was quite apprehensive about Europe this year but after our strong end to pre season and a strong enough start at the weekend I think we'll be able to go up a gear if need be and I'm pretty confident we can make the group stages. Anyone know much about how Malmo are likely to play?

Will be interesting to see if we go with Sakala, he's looked lively but didn't seem to know what to do without having the space to run into at the weekend, dunno if Malmo will suit him or not tbh! 

Scott Wright to score would be my main prediction. 

Edited by SANTAN

Interesting lineup for you boys. Arguably going in without 3 (Morelos, Roofe and Kamara) who would be in the first 11 fit this sort of game and Hagi who would be close. Wright and Arfield not bad players to bring in to be fair.

Itten though, I just don't see it when I watch you. He is a half decent finisher, but a million miles behind Morelos and Roofe in terms of an overall CF for the way you play.

Maybe just needs a bit of time, but he's one of the few players who doesn't look to have gotten better since joining Rangers.

5 minutes ago, gaz5 said:
7 minutes ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:
McLaughlin, Balogun, Katic, Jack, Kamara, Aribo, Barker, Jones, Roofe and Morelos still to come back. 

Dont think McGlaughlan, Katic, Barker or Jones (or Defoe) are in your Euro squad are they?

Yeah none of them are.

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm not used to this feeling... strangely optimistic... Is saying Rangers will win 2-0 outrageously at odds with reality? 

I think Malmo will score. Maybe a score draw or 2-1 to Rangers. 

39 minutes ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

McLaughlin, Balogun, Katic, Jack, Kamara, Aribo, Barker, Jones, Roofe and Morelos still to come back. 

Big team found.

McLaughlin, Balogun, Kamara and Aribo started against Livingston on Saturday.

Jones played in the  pre-season friendlies but he's a wasterl ike Barker.  Both will be punted asap.

Another idiotic Sevconian!! 😂

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Big team found.

McLaughlin, Balogun, Kamara and Aribo started against Livingston on Saturday.

Jones played in the  pre-season friendlies but he's a wasterl ike Barker.  Both will be punted asap.

Another idiotic Sevconian!! 😂

With Team: Raith Rovers in the profile, and a profile picture of a RR player? Deep cover imo.

1 minute ago, SANTAN said:

Aye this isn't looking pretty. I really prefer having Kamara and Aribo in there. Itten needs to step up to the plate big time this game. 

They are not even on the bench tonight. Kelly and Lowry are the midfield subs. Odd choices by Gerrard.