Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Still though, saying a group runner up should be beating a group topper imo is still a stretch, but thats just my opinon, 

Comparing teams based on how they performed in two very different groups seems like a weird thing to do to me.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Comparing teams based on how they performed in two very different groups seems like a weird thing to do to me.

Not really, braga had to beat wolves to that top spot, they werent mugs, its not like they scraped through a shite group

As i said imo porto deserved more from our games, and even at the time of the draw i thought it was a difficult tie, but im happy to accept you think otherwise, i can see both sides of the argument

With a wee bit of luck in the draw we could get through to the quarters...

Who do you want in the @EuropaLeague?

🇨🇭 Basel
🇩🇪 Bayer Leverkusen
🇩🇰 Copenhagen
🇪🇸 Getafe
🇮🇹 Inter Milan
🇹🇷 Istanbul Buyuksehir
🇦🇹 LASK
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Manchester United
🇬🇷 Olympiacos
🇦🇹🇩🇪 Red Bull Salzburg or Eintracht Frankfurt
🇮🇹 Roma
🇪🇸 Sevilla
🇺🇦 Shakhtar Donetsk
🇩🇪 Wolfsburg
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Wolves https://t.co/LAIHRacoIF

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

But is it as big a success as many believe?
Porto, Sporting and Benfica all pumped out tonight, the latter two definitely unexpectedly.
Portuguese football in crisis?…

What You Put on Other People's Chips thread for this.  Your answer?  Pish.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

But is it as big a success as many believe?
Porto, Sporting and Benfica all pumped out tonight, the latter two definitely unexpectedly.
Portuguese football in crisis?…

Could be worse considering we looked dead and buried 2/3rds the way into the home tie.

Looking at the draw, there are one or two teams that if we drew them I'd be optimistic of progressing, there are a few that I think we'd draw and folk would instantly underestimate how difficult it would be to go through and then there are the obvious ones that you'd want to avoid.

Copenhagen, please*

*posts made before unfortunate events.

27 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’d guess the only team there that Rangers fans intending on travelling would not want is Shakhtar Donestsk. Shite away trip and probably get pumped out. For quality of away trip anything else would be better.

I was hoping they’d get Shakhtar. Anything that means less of those cnuts travelling to a foreign land is a great thing. Naturally, the best thing is for them to be pumped out of Europe ASAP. Sadly though, they’ll now be able to embarrass themselves and their club in Germany in large numbers. I won’t be embarrassed to be Scottish though. Fcuked if I allow myself to be linked by association in any shape or form to that group of lowlife. Ach well, at least it isn’t a predominantly Catholic country. We must be grateful for small mercies.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I was hoping they’d get Shakhtar. Anything that means less of those cnuts travelling to a foreign land is a great thing. Naturally, the best thing is for them to be pumped out of Europe ASAP. Sadly though, they’ll now be able to embarrass themselves and their club in Germany in large numbers. I won’t be embarrassed to be Scottish though. Fcuked if I allow myself to be linked by association in any shape or form to that group of lowlife. Ach well, at least it isn’t a predominantly Catholic country. We must be grateful for small mercies.

But the Germans will think they are British