Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

41 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m sure there were some Rangers posters on here last week saying how wonderful VAR is in Europe.

It was, it still is, not VAR fault the ref thought that was a foul, refs a tool

VAR spotted the handball last week that no one knew about, it also correctly awarded the 4th goal 

Tonight VAR alerted the ref to a possible foul in the build up, but the ref has the final call, and he fucking blew it

Give me VAR everyday of the week, right now theres more missed incidents by the officials than not, thats enough reason for VAR 

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

It was, it still is, not VAR fault the ref thought that was a foul, refs a tool

VAR spotted the handball last week that no one knew about, it also correctly awarded the 4th goal 

Tonight VAR alerted the ref to a possible foul in the build up, but the ref has the final call, and he fucking blew it

Give me VAR everyday of the week, right now theres more missed incidents by the officials than not, thats enough reason for VAR 

Actually, as much as I want VAR nowhere near Scottish football, as others on here have pointed out the referee got his decision spot on tonight.

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That's an outstanding effort by Rangers over the 2 games. Have to say at HT tonight I thought they were done but change of personnel and shape transformed the game. Superb 2nd half display.

Same.

Good stuff from Gio to make a change no one predicated

29 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Actually, as much as I want VAR nowhere near Scottish football, as others on here have pointed out the referee got his decision spot on tonight.

The tweet that has been posted, if true then a shambles from the law makers, essentially everytime a player goes to kick the ball (the general idea of the game) if you come across the line of the player then its a foul

Imagine a defender chasing back a striker, hows he to ever put in a tackle

The thing that robin hood posted is absolutely nothing like the morelos incident though, f**k knows why he posted that

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The tweet that has been posted, if true then a shambles from the law makers, essentially everytime a player goes to kick the ball (the general idea of the game) if you come across the line of the player then its a foul

Imagine a defender chasing back a striker, hows he to ever put in a tackle

The thing that robin hood posted is absolutely nothing like the morelos incident though, f**k knows why he posted that

You may not like it, but the referee following the laws of the game. Correct decision. 

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

@bennett will be delighted that VAR is in play.

It ensures correct decisions every time.

Seems that a fair chunk of PnB disagrees with you Marky. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

49 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You may not like it, but the referee following the laws of the game. Correct decision. 

1 hour ago, sophia said:

When you step across a player who has already began the act of kicking a ball it’s classed as impediment, if that impediment results in any form of contact it’s a direct free kick - that was specifically raised preseason in a UEFA referee brief 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

20220224_220702.jpg

Just watched the highlights. Looked like a good game.

Who do you want in the next round Spartak Moscow would be interesting. Shouldn't really fear anyone at this stage.

Rangers have played a blinder here, as the unseeded teams look like the strong section.