Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

No, I thought the same. I'd assume it was checked though.

At the game I never gave it a thought but still pictures I’ve seen show it’s over the line. Thankfully it doesn’t matter.

I think Ramsey’s reaction saves the goalie who was seemingly seriously hurt twice but managed to run 50 yards and slide twenty yards on his knees to celebrate with Bragas back room staff when Braga scored. 

Fair fucks to Rangers. The way they've played in this tournament there's no reason they can't reach the final and, dare I say it, win it.

As strange as it sounds considering they've been knocked out but with Dortmund, Barcelona and Napoli gone it really does leave it wide open. Rangers will probably be seen as "least favourites" but there's nothing for them to fear from any of the teams left.

The c***s.

Another fantastic European night at Ibrox.

We started with so much intensity. The early goal was massive but this time we built on it and pushed unlike the Celtic game.

I’ve yet to see the Barisic handball back but at the time I spotted it so my celebration for the disallowed goal was tempered due to the fact I knew a VAR check was coming up. Get it in the bin.

Then the second goal was a beautiful ball from Bassey to play Roofe through. Looked like he played for the penalty but a foul was right.

2-0 up and a man advantage I think we actually cruised it until their goal where we seemed to have the stuffing knocked out of us and the players all of a sudden started to feel some fatigue and looked tired.

We allowed the ball to stay in the air too long rather than get the ball down and use our man advantage.

Still, we managed to grab the deciding goal with some lovely play down the right into Roofe then their second red pretty much sealed it.

As far as performances go, I thought Tav was incredible, though he did tire a lot and didn’t seem to be running freely by the end. Barisic was also good with every delivery into the box causing them problems.

Lundstram continues to impress and is quickly becoming a fan favourite.

A European semi final. Incredible.

12 minutes ago, GordonD said:

When did the away goals rule stop being used? Rangers beat Braga 2-1 (in normal time) but previously Braga would have gone through because they scored at Ibrox.

The ref only decided to scrap the rule last night after Braga scored.

2 hours ago, Chonky said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Braga goalie had the ball behind the line before Ramsey flattened him? 

No.  I watched the highlights back and am sure the ball was over.  Should have been a goal.

Cup Final Hampden 1909- Riot; Cup Final Barcelona 1972- Riot; Cup Final Hampden 1980- Riot; Cup Final Manchester 2008- Riot .  But who knows, Leipzig fans could be even worse ! And then there's the not so 'happy hammers'. 

I think on reflection an all German final is the best the good orange folk of Sevilla can hope for...Or else make sure that big screen is tip top and ship shape !

11 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Haven't read the full thread so apologies if it's been covered. I thought the handball before a goal thing had changed? I thought it had to be the person who scored who handled it? They spoke about this on Football Weekly Podcast after the Chelsea game or is this just a Premier League rule? 

You’re correct if it’s completely accidental - that was changed at the start of this season. However if it’s intentional (it didn’t look like it!) or the arm is in an unnatural position (debatable) the handball is still given.

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm no Lord Lyon, but I think your parenthesis is correct.

However...

Not in the same league as square vs slice but it's simple:  Two flegs each with a growly feline:  Lion Rampants.  One fleg with two growly felines:  Lions Rampant.

6 hours ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

You’re correct if it’s completely accidental - that was changed at the start of this season. However if it’s intentional (it didn’t look like it!) or the arm is in an unnatural position (debatable) the handball is still given.

That's perfectly framed.  Looking at the highlights - on RTV - it's hard to argue that Borna's arm was in an unnatural position - but I would say that, of course.

Bit of a shame as it was, otherwise, a goal from the top drawer.

8 hours ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

I agree about it being a handball last night, sucked but his arm was unnatural position when it strikes him, another one chalked up for the VAR win column, same with both ruled out goals later, 

5 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

What is the monetary reward for this from UEFA?  Is it significantly more than the quarterfinal?

3.2 million euros. 

2 million euros for the quarters. 

Edited by bennett

25 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Thanks. With the extra income from another home game as well, that's pretty notable.

Looking at our results and progression thus far, I make it to be €12,160,000 in prize money earned. Add in our gate receipts and broadcasting income then it's definitely a nice little earner. Small fry compared to the CL though.

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Looking at our results and progression thus far, I make it to be €12,160,000 in prize money earned. Add in our gate receipts and broadcasting income then it's definitely a nice little earner. Small fry compared to the CL though.

Looking forward to hearing how great this is for Scottish football.