Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

There are clearly better teams than Dortmund still in the competition.  To suggest otherwise is wild.  You can see how much they rely on Haaland.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It just shows that you don't need to spend crazy wages to be a good side.  Superb footballers all doing their jobs given to them by a superb coach.  These fuckers hit Roma for 6, they're clearly very, very good.

Dortmund aren't up to much. 

The team who scudded celtic are very, very good.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

I've always praised how Gerrard and his team were able to adapt and make changes in-game to tip the balance in our favour but Gio last night done the exact same. 2-1 down at half time and Dortmund were smelling blood. Quick change of shape, Lundstram in as the third centre back and we completely nullified them. I can't remember McGregor having a save to make in that second half.

We looked solid at the back which was a complete reversal from the last 15/20 minutes of the first half and Morelos and Kent were terrific out balls that got us up the pitch.

Still a bit sour about that VAR call on the Kent goal, but what a night.

If Stevie G was manager Rangers would not have gone through last night. His biggest failing was his failure to change his system mid game and his like for like changes. To move Lundstrum into a back five and play Kent and Morelos together got us through and probably should have won the game. 

Regarding VAR. This season we have the Roofe goal, Penalty and goal in first leg all correctly overturned. Obviously at game we were all mystified why Kent’s goal was chopped off and had a few text saying it was a dreadful decision but if the quotes we’ve all seen regarding the ‘impeding law’ are correct then at least you can see why it was over ruled. 

What a game. What an atmosphere! Spent most of the day watching all the YouTube videos on the game and not one of them do the atmosphere justice! I’m in my 50s so remember some great Euro nights but I believe last night tops the lot. Even I was belting out ‘I’m feeling It’ and that ABBA nonsense. Voice has gone but well worth it. 

Red Star tie is winnable but I’m sure they will be feeling the same about us. Was hoping for a good away trip but looks like I’ll have to wait until the next round for that. 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

There was a couple. First it was Welcome To The Party by DJ Cammy and the second, probably the one you are referring to, was I'm Feeling It (In The Air) by Sunset Bros.

Was definitely one of the most enjoyable full time parties I've experienced.

What garbage " songs " !

Another huge European night at Ibrox in a tie that gives us a fighting chance of making the last 8.

How Morelos plays will be key and his form since his Colombia call up has been generally very good - I hope Saturday was a blip and he can get right back at it tonight.

I wouldn’t change too much from the Dortmund line up, so that would see Lundstram coming back into midfield to partner Jack, although I would rather Balogun at centre back with Bassey at left back.

With no away goals I’m confident the tie will be alive next week in Belgrade, but ideally we want a couple of goals to defend. I don’t know much about Red Star to be honest so not sure what to expect.

Got a feeling this might be the game that Joe Aribo retarts his season. 

Will be extremely pessimistic if Jack doesn't play and Diallo and Ramsay aren't at least on the bench. 

Anyone on here watched Red Star this season? I have no clue how they're likely to show up. Hopefully they don't sit in deep otherwise we're screwed. 

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Another huge European night at Ibrox in a tie that gives us a fighting chance of making the last 8.

How Morelos plays will be key and his form since his Colombia call up has been generally very good - I hope Saturday was a blip and he can get right back at it tonight.

I wouldn’t change too much from the Dortmund line up, so that would see Lundstram coming back into midfield to partner Jack, although I would rather Balogun at centre back with Bassey at left back.

With no away goals I’m confident the tie will be alive next week in Belgrade, but ideally we want a couple of goals to defend. I don’t know much about Red Star to be honest so not sure what to expect.

They’re a bit shit from what I’ve read and what the bookies are saying.

8 minutes ago, stressball said:

They’re a bit shit from what I’ve read and what the bookies are saying.

I think it’s hard to say. They’ve only dropped points in 4 out of 26 league games this season and their European fixtures have includes victories over Braga, Ludogoretz and Cluj. They also topped their group so, while I think it’s a winnable tie, I’ve no idea what to expect really.