Talbot Medals Fiasco

Junior Jock

3 hours ago, sweep said:

Whether he said but he said was right or wrong let it go. Talbot have the Scottish cup to win and that is more important than plastic bags. The biggest team ever to come out of junior football have bigger fish to fry

I'm pretty certain Linlithgow are the biggst team to come out of Junior football but they do indeed have bigger fish to fry now.

A few people on here saying that Mark Shankland should NOT have tweeted what he did and that he caused this

Possibly a fair point

However, I think he was commenting on what he saw as an amateurish situation by delivering the stuff in a carrier bag and let’s face it with all the stuff on here recently about cups/ medals and all the “wrong cup” , “ late medals” stuff, the boy was probably saying it as he saw it, we will give him the “innocence of youth “ defence

Can Mr Robertson day the same thing in respect of his comments - I don’t think so

If the boot had been on the other foot and a player or official said that Robertson would “be dealt with”, the sound of shit hitting fans would have been deafening

Mr Robertson is neither use nor ornament and time he was put out to grass

Guest Nocknosh1988

Boy does everything for attention. As I say concentrate on playing rather than tweeting. If I was his team mate I wouldn’t be happy the attention he brings . 

Boy does everything for attention. As I say concentrate on playing rather than tweeting. If I was his team mate I wouldn’t be happy the attention he brings . 
If I was a cumnock fan I wouldn't be happy wi the utter pish you post on here

"West Region Premiership – Medal Presentation 

Following comments from various individuals on the Medal Presentation after receiving the Premiership Trophy at our Match versus Pollok last Wednesday evening, the club consider that in the best interest of all parties we clarify a few points and hopefully put an end to this matter.

The Club were informed by West region Secretary Scott Robertson prior to the game that we would be presented with the Premiership Trophy, and that he would bring the winners medals along with him for the Club to do as they wish with them. Normally we would present them to our players at our POTY event, however due to circumstances out with our control a date has yet to be fixed for this and with the season drawing to a close we had arranged with our coaching staff to distribute the medals to the players after the game in the Dressing Room, innocently they were handed out on the pitch.

Finally, we are sure that lessons have been learned all round, and more importantly it is the Club’s wish that no blame be attached to West Region Secretary Scott Robertson or his committee who have unfortunately come in for unfair criticism."
No wonder SR keeps getting elected when that's the best Talbot can do. Whatever happened to sticking up for your player???

Once again, has anyone seen the FULL Robertson statement as it was a screen graph of him QUOTED. Where is the full article, what is the source? And also again the people slating the article here are the ones who 12 months ago stated it was time he left as he couldn't use a computer.

AGAIN I am not defending the incident, its been done previously but it could and should have been handled better. One thing, Talbot have won the league and have the Scottish coming up, players are tired, not knowing their squad what if Tucker had thrown in trialists and they did the presentation at the end of the game do they tell players not to go up or to hand back their medals?

Point is was the statement from Robertson real?

15 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Once again, has anyone seen the FULL Robertson statement as it was a screen graph of him QUOTED. Where is the full article, what is the source? And also again the people slating the article here are the ones who 12 months ago stated it was time he left as he couldn't use a computer.

AGAIN I am not defending the incident, its been done previously but it could and should have been handled better. One thing, Talbot have won the league and have the Scottish coming up, players are tired, not knowing their squad what if Tucker had thrown in trialists and they did the presentation at the end of the game do they tell players not to go up or to hand back their medals?

Point is was the statement from Robertson real?

It is from an article in the Daily Mail which contains a direct quote from Scott Robertson

Edited by Wile E Coyote

If there's one thing I've learned about speaking to newspaper reporters over the years, its what is quoted is very rarely what was actually said.

I was once quoted in an article about my team by a well known Junior reporter when he hadn't even spoken to me so anything I read I tend to take with a pinch of salt, even more so if it was the Daily Mail

The whole thing is a missed opportunity. Shankland has shown a lack of knowledge of how the medals are divvied up and posted on social media about it. The company involved joined in and brought nationwide attention to the junior game that should have been used for positive promotion. Instead it’s descended into a squabble that does nothing to help take the teams and grade forward when a great chance to do so existed. Talbot’s statement was, I think, designed to draw a line under the issue without either side looking worse than the squabbling has already made them look and to try and stop it escalating further.

3 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Google mark shankland scott robertson. It comes up as the 3rd  article to me

Thank you, finally someone has shown me the article., surprised to read the author of the article is based in Jersey?

The whole thing is a missed opportunity. Shankland has shown a lack of knowledge of how the medals are divvied up and posted on social media about it. The company involved joined in and brought nationwide attention to the junior game that should have been used for positive promotion. Instead it’s descended into a squabble that does nothing to help take the teams and grade forward when a great chance to do so existed. Talbot’s statement was, I think, designed to draw a line under the issue without either side looking worse than the squabbling has already made them look and to try and stop it escalating further.

Say what you want, it still shows a lack of class by the league that they can’t even do a presentation on the pitch with trophy and medals handed out. Imagine if that was the case for Celtic, it’s an absolute disgrace. Proper presentations need to be done for winning such achievements.

1 hour ago, iPhone said:

Say what you want, it still shows a lack of class by the league that they can’t even do a presentation on the pitch with trophy and medals handed out. Imagine if that was the case for Celtic, it’s an absolute disgrace. Proper presentations need to be done for winning such achievements.

Wether it was trialists during the game or not, you hand out medals and if need be you can reassign them in the changing room after. Even the Fife Amateur FA had a more professional presentation a few weeks ago. It’s not difficult to get a table with the trophy and medals sitting on, the sponsors logo over the front and hand the lot out by the west region delegate. In fact it should be the bare minimum.

Edited by pipedreamer
Spelling

42 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Wether it was trialists during the game or not, you hand out medals and if need be you can reassign them in the changing room after. Even the Fife Amateur FA had a more professional presentation a few weeks ago. It’s not difficult to get a table with the trophy and medals sitting on, the sponsors logo over the front and hand the lot out by the west region delegate. In fact it should be the bare minimum.

Totally agree mate, doesn’t have to be fancy just the basics. The players and fans would certainly appreciate it more.

Perhaps there were instances in the past where League Winners medals were handed out at the game where the title was won but that game wasn't reflective of players that had played all season and the wrong players received medals. It wasn't a Cup Final. Makes sense to me for the Club to distribute League Medals to those that played enough games rather than after one League game. 
OK, fine. Then bring the medals in a nice velvet jeweller's bag. Or a box (doesn't have to be wrapped). Or something with the League logo or a Sponsors logo, or a...

Not read the full thread, but it’s hardly a surprise that league presentation hasn’t been handled well.

Years ago when Lok won the league the trophy was to be presented at Dunterlie. They presented it 30 minutes before kick off before most supporters were in the ground.

Cant recall what season it was, may have been the first year of West as we had to wait for Neilston to play their last game before we officially won it and our league season was over, or may have been at the end of central leagues.

Either way, wasn’t handled well back then, so it’s now new.