Talbot Medals Fiasco

Junior Jock

1 minute ago, andy25 said:
9 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:
Sometimes it’s better for a club to say nothing. Disappointed with that statement. 

The statement has disappeared from the Facebook page....

Was it official? I checked on the club forum but don’t see any mention of it.

13 minutes ago, andy25 said:
30 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
Yes from Henry 

What do the players think of the statement?

No idea, probably just want to get on with with celebrating a decent league campaign and working towards the cup final next weekend? 

Who knows what Henry is really thinking about what's happened here the talbot committee have put a statement out to try and draw a line under the matter and quite rightly so a few of the talbot support are not happy with it as it seems to back the region and not the player involved but you must look at the club's reason to dampen the flames this the week before the cup final and the last thing you want is all this negative stuff about the club taking preference over all the positive thinking that should be happening before a final. Maybe after the final you may here more on the matter but I'm sure the club will be focusing everything towards next Sunday.

Guest Nocknosh1988

It’s the boy shankland creating all the negative vibes with the tweet not any other talbot player . There was no need to tweet in the first place but he loves the attention as usual 

11 minutes ago, Nocknosh1988 said:

It’s the boy shankland creating all the negative vibes with the tweet not any other talbot player . There was no need to tweet in the first place but he loves the attention as usual 

The boy has a point! Why is there nobody from the league presenting these medals and congratulating these players and coaches properly? 

That’s goes for whoever is champions. It’s a long hard season for the teams and I think at least some sort of representative should be there to hand these out!

Take a we look in the mirror son as it is you who is the attention seeker.

If you go through every junior players tweets you'll get all sorts.  One newspaper even just copies pastes posts from social media such is the times but we move on. Shankers is a tongue in cheek type guy and as amusing as it was Iceland got involved from someones choice of delivery method, that's the end of it. 

As to criticising the statement I think it's perfectly clear and takes the clubs responsibility in matters into account as well. It's not surprising as Talbot may as well be some folks full time jobs the amount of work put in, that has been the scaffold to such a sucessful season. Sure everyone will get it right next time around and icelandgate will be just one of many laughs to be had at the end of season do. 

Edited by Killiepiyo

I am not defending anyone or what has happened but has anyone actually seen the whole article that Shankland posted regards to action?  What was the full statement? What was the source as its states "Robertson said he would be dealt with" hence it wasn't posted by a man everyone decried last season for being in the dark ages not using modern technology but now he is posting statements on social media?

The medals in a bag should obviously never have happened but as stated has done so on many occasions, I have saw a post from a current elected member who said he was disappointed at how it was handled and had made his views known, etc but rather than jump to conclusions has anyone considered someone has sent a screenshot to Shankland as a wind up?

Bringing Kennie into this was very poor IMO as he has been a breath of fresh air this season but its not his place to comment publicly on something he didn't attend surely?

Finally regards Talbot making a statement, dammed if they do dammed if they don't as ever in these circumstances IMO.

Guest Nocknosh1988
2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

And here you have the Talbot expert that is Noshbosh. As one of your true supporters once said "It would help Cumnock better if we concentrated on our own affairs and not on those of our neighbours". 

There was no need to tweet it . Maybe try concentrating in playing than tweeting 

Perhaps there were instances in the past where League Winners medals were handed out at the game where the title was won but that game wasn't reflective of players that had played all season and the wrong players received medals. It wasn't a Cup Final. Makes sense to me for the Club to distribute League Medals to those that played enough games rather than after one League game. 

As a follower of a number of Junior clubs and players on Twitter I know that posts can frequently range from the mildly inappropriate to the downright hateful.

I'm struggling to recall anything but inactivity from the Junior brass until now, when one of their own gets a bit of gentle ribbing.

Whether he said but he said was right or wrong let it go. Talbot have the Scottish cup to win and that is more important than plastic bags. The biggest team ever to come out of junior football have bigger fish to fry

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

As a follower of a number of Junior clubs and players on Twitter I know that posts can frequently range from the mildly inappropriate to the downright hateful.

You'll find some clubs, well one club's players are watched closer and held to account more than the rest :rolleyes: more so surrounding g big games.