The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

8 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Such relentless apathy regarding Aberdeen at the bottom bar the 2 week high we had around a couple of European games and the hearts match 

McInnes hasn’t become a bad manager overnight but poor results are just becoming less and less tolerable 

Our fans are fickle so he really needs to put a run together now 

Thank goodness he keep signing new improved longer term contracts.

12 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Love how Richard Gordon said "is a 7-3 result a good result?" last night. BBC Sheepsound absolutely bealing about their team being cuffed.

Shame about the ingrained bigotry and sectarianism within the club you support though.

10 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

He's consistently had us as the best of the rest since his second full season whilst losing most of his best players each year.. New rangers finally managed to overtake us last season and Killie had a phenomenal season.

Would be interesting to see the amount of times McInnes guided Aberdeen to ‘best of the rest’, when it was a top flight that was without Deadco, and/or Hearts implosion and the Edinburgh clubs being in the second tier. Not having a dig, just interested. As an outsider looking in, I don’t see McInnes as being particularly good, nor bad. In many regards, he would have been brilliant for my own club - a steady hand kinda’ manager.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Would be interesting to see the amount of times McInnes guided Aberdeen to ‘best of the rest’, when it was a top flight that was without Deadco, and/or Hearts implosion and the Edinburgh clubs being in the second tier. Not having a dig, just interested. As an outsider looking in, I don’t see McInnes as being particularly good, nor bad. In many regards, he would have been brilliant for my own club - a steady hand kinda’ manager.

Well Hearts and Hibs were in the second tier because they weren't very good. Both came up far stronger than the mince that went down. He finished ahead of Deadco twice in the top division.

I don't think he is the be all and end all. I'm sure there is a manager out there who could do a better job with what we've got. I don't trust the board to find that man.

10 hours ago, Romeo said:
11 hours ago, Mr Hahn said:
I was under the impression Ojo was a sought after player this summer....
I think that's the worst 20 minute performance I've ever seen from a player.

Seen Billingoli this season yet?

I have, he wasn't great. Ojo was worse.

10 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Not raging at all. Just find it funny and pathetic when folk like you slither out to have a go when we're on a bad run. Not to be seen again until the next bad run.

He's consistently had us as the best of the rest since his second full season whilst losing most of his best players each year.. New rangers finally managed to overtake us last season and Killie had a phenomenal season. His European and cup record could be better but domestically we're also up against a team who can outspent the whole league several times over if they wanted to.

He is flat-lining, though. There was immediate and vast improvement in year one and since then we have not improved at all and, in fact, in the last couple of years the fitba has been atrocious.

Improvement doesn't mean winning the league but improving points total year on year does and surely, surely he should have learned something about European football by now?

And if I could be arsed I could dig out my posts where I've stated unequivocally that I don't want McInnes sacked and that I think his problem is confidence; he's a better manager than he thinks he is and he has better players than he thinks he does. But he seems determined to play it safe, it's almost a classic case of the old James Richardson remark about Italian clubs being 'afraid to win'.

And yet any criticism and the Happy Clappers are out in force making ridiculous statements about 'typical greetin faced Aiberdeen fans'.

There's not a chance in Hell that AFC will finish second this year but I don't think sevco have markedly better players. Gerrard sets them out to attack and win and in our crap league that will get him results more often than not. If McInnes went for it instead of always playing safety first AFC could challenge for second, I have no doubt about that. But experience says he won't.

Right at the start, one of the St Johnstone fans said the more turbulent it gets, the more McInnes will back into his defensive shell. I'd say he got it pretty right.