The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

On 20/06/2019 at 13:40, glasgow-sheep said:

yeah our away crowds out with Burnley have been pretty mediocre since Gronigen

I suppose Groningen is easier to get to  and had an away allocation of 2,000. Not many grounds would have allow an away support like that. 

Still decent away support with  580 to Larnaca against Apollon Limassol (Would have had more if allowed any more) and also 450 to Fola Esch .

Edited by betting competition

Harsh to criticise the travelling European support. We've 14,000 at Pittodrie, if 2,000 travel across 3 European games a season we are doing OK. Factor in folk with famalies who have summer holidays booked already. Not all fans are earning enough to travel, are single and can go more than once every two or three years for an overseas trip

Stopped in Rovaniemi as a kid many years ago. Only thing I remember was sitting sunbathing by the river watching a sea of logs floating past, and getting to stay up late to see the midnight sun. Oh, and the midges/mosquitoes or whatever they were. Bit jealous tbh.

P.S. Cheapest route I can see after a brief look depends on getting to Luton for a good price, Wizz Air to Turku for £80 return and train to Rovaniemi from there for about £100 return. You'd need a few days off work though I think.

Edited by welshbairn

For anyone still looking into it, a cheaper route might be Aberdeen-Gdansk-Tromso with Wizzair and bus to Rovaniemi. 

P.S. The bus is really expensive, so maybe not, unless you get student discount. Or you could hitch or hire a car I suppose.

https://www.eskelisen.fi/timetables-and-routes/

https://nordicwanders.com/blog/tromso-to-rovaniemi-by-public-transport

Edited by welshbairn

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

?

The match is on Thursday. Because Rangers and Celtic are playing on the 9th (which I thought was today's date) I assumed we were the same (although there was a vague notion in the back of my head that Europa League games were usually on a Thursday), so I was checking for updates beforeI realised 1/ Today is the 8th and 2/ Our match was on Thursday anyway.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

The match is on Thursday. Because Rangers and Celtic are playing on the 9th (which I thought was today's date) I assumed we were the same (although there was a vague notion in the back of my head that Europa League games were usually on a Thursday), so I was checking for updates beforeI realised 1/ Today is the 8th and 2/ Our match was on Thursday anyway.

“Siri, show me a definition of going dottled”

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

“Siri, show me a definition of going dottled”

Many a true word is spoken in jest. My youngest step daughter rang yesterday, and of course I only heard my wife's end of the conversation, part of which was "That ( had no idea which particular "that" that was) hasn't been up and running in years." Later on I asked her what Emma was looking, and my wife couldn't remember, and I couldn't recall that particular part of the conversation either. Eventually between the two of us we pieced it together and "that" referred to our printer, which has been out of commission for a long time. Old(ish) age, eh?