The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

Aye me, I was originally disappointed with draw as it's a place I've been to already.

Rijika is so cheap so will be enjoyable and square was excellent last time.

Think this is my 20th consecutive European away trip following the dons.

Superb work mate, hopefully the locals remember us from last time and you get a warm reception in the bars! Did our fans behave themselves or was it this:
IMG_2248.jpg

9 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Superb work mate, hopefully the locals remember us from last time and you get a warm reception in the bars! Did our fans behave themselves or was it this:
IMG_2248.jpg

Was good natured enough - I don't think their cops were taking any chances though as we were bussed from the square to this grim dockyard before the match, surrounded by riot police and marched to the ground.   The stadium is higher up this time, rather than at the bottom of the cliff, but I would avoid any kind offers from buses from the square if you want to maximise your pre-match drinking.

Apparently Feyenoord fans had torn up Rijeka a year earlier, which is why the cops were nervous. Looking at today's permutations...........could a repeat of their visit in 87 be on the cards if we get through this?    I think several service stations between Hull and ABZ were ripped up then, as were a couple of bars before they were 'sorted out' by our finest of the day.

feyen.JPG

Edited by tarapoa

Was good natured enough - I don't think their cops were taking any chances though as we were bussed from the square to this grim dockyard before the match, surrounded by riot police and marched to the ground.   The stadium is higher up this time, rather than at the bottom of the cliff, but I would avoid any kind offers from buses from the square if you want to maximise your pre-match drinking.
Apparently Feyenoord fans had torn up Rijeka a year earlier, which is why the cops were nervous. Looking at today's permutations...........could a repeat of their visit in 87 be on the cards if we get through this?    I think several service stations between Hull and ABZ were ripped up then, as were a couple of bars before they were 'sorted out' by our finest of the day.

feyen.JPG.140cea068354d4fc37ae759af17467a1.JPG

Ach I’m no lucky enough to be going myself (one day!), but hopefully you’ll have a smashing time!

Interesting to hear, you do forget that the Dutch can be b*****ds too.

14 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

IMG_2248.jpg

It was fine last time once I had arrived on the Wednesday but  I did hear a few dons getting their flags nicked on the tuesday. Police was well organised as they had issues the previous season with Feyenoord. 

Edited by betting competition

Really pleased with that draw and would have been gutted if it was Espanyol.  Also pleased to avoid Feyenoord.

Rijeka will be very tough indeed but it should be motivation that we have a chance to make it all the way

**** also got an ok draw as PSV/Wolves would have probably beat them comfortably.

Gent’s four competitive games this season have seen 21 goals - including them scoring six twice. Safe to say that would be a pretty open tie if it ends up being the match.

They’ll be decent as well but it definitely could have been worse.

When I saw the list of options of who Aberdeen could draw in the next round I thought Larnaca or Gent was the best draw they could get. Still won't be easy mind. Plus they have to navigate their way past Rijeka first. Would be good to see Celtic and Aberdeen both reach the group stage of their respective competitions.

Edited by The Chief

18 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Still no sign of our game or sevco game on Premier Sports schedule yet.

They have been confirming on Twitter to people asking that they are showing the Aberdeen game. Pretty weird they haven’t put up a tweet specifically about it. Would save their comms person the hassle of answering the same question multiple times.