The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

16 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The midfield already looks more balanced with him in there than it did last season. 

You're absolutely spot on here. We've been missing balance in the middle of the park since Jack left. We found a way to play last season, essentially surrendering control, but stopping the other team having control either by having Ferguson and Shinnie smash up and down the park all game. Not good to watch but effective at times. With Ojo there, Ferguson gets more time to be creative and push forward, and the attackers can build from a more stable base. 

I've got to say I've been impressed by Gallagher. He's got a young footballing brain, as in he's only just out of the college system in the US despite being 22. His decision-making is therefore a bit off sometimes, and off the ball his positioning needs to improve. When he gets it though, he's such a weapon. He can go up and down all game and he really stretches team. He reminds me a bit of when Pawlett first broke through, the way he can burst through the middle of the park. Room for improvement, but he'll do very well against the poorer sides in the league. 

Hedges was my MOTM (big Sam aside). He looks so so confident and the majority of what he was trying came off beautifully. Taking the ball in difficult areas and really making something happen out of nothing. It was a wonderful performance and one that really excites me for the season ahead. 

15 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Been searching constantly, purely for our 4th goal. Nothing yet...

Will be on RedTV soon.

Football Peps Barcelona or any Hibs team in the past 5 years would be proud of.

Incidentally, this guy has all the goals on his profile if you want to see the others.

What a difference to see a team with balance and pace again. A joy to watch any time we went forward.

Great to see that in the final 1/3 we have a number of options and not just a hopeful ball into the box.

I thought Gallagher was excellent. His work rate is tremendous and to be honest, I’ve not seen someone put themselves up and down the pitch like that since Flood, only Gallagher has greater potential.

Looking for a bit more in terms of an end product from Hedges, but there’s excitement every time he gets on the ball.

Leigh looks like a baller. Another threat going forward but also looked solid at the back.

A player like Ojo is the key. Just goes about his business, almost never out of position, constantly communicating and organising. Slips into fill gaps when others go forward.

Hope, such hope........

8 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

You're absolutely spot on here. We've been missing balance in the middle of the park since Jack left. We found a way to play last season, essentially surrendering control, but stopping the other team having control either by having Ferguson and Shinnie smash up and down the park all game. Not good to watch but effective at times. With Ojo there, Ferguson gets more time to be creative and push forward, and the attackers can build from a more stable base. 

I've got to say I've been impressed by Gallagher. He's got a young footballing brain, as in he's only just out of the college system in the US despite being 22. His decision-making is therefore a bit off sometimes, and off the ball his positioning needs to improve. When he gets it though, he's such a weapon. He can go up and down all game and he really stretches team. He reminds me a bit of when Pawlett first broke through, the way he can burst through the middle of the park. Room for improvement, but he'll do very well against the poorer sides in the league. 

Hedges was my MOTM (big Sam aside). He looks so so confident and the majority of what he was trying came off beautifully. Taking the ball in difficult areas and really making something happen out of nothing. It was a wonderful performance and one that really excites me for the season ahead. 

I'm not sure how Gallagher will fare domestically, to be honest. I think his energy and pace can be useful, but that he will have to improve on his close control and accuracy. We obviously have players with better quality and technique than he has at the moment, but I do understand why McInnes would value his running and pressing, especially if it simplifies the work of those around him (like McGinn and Cosgrove). I can definitely see the case for having someone like him in the 18, even if I wouldn't want him as an automatic first pick. 

Agreed on Hedges - playing with a real freedom and looks like he is comfortable centrally as well as wide. He doesn't look as diminutive or as lightweight as some others who play his position, which is an added bonus.

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Agreed on Hedges - playing with a real freedom and looks like he is comfortable centrally as well as wide. He doesn't look as diminutive or as lightweight as some others who play his position, which is an added bonus.

He's a lot taller than I thought he was aye. The three behind the striker swapped about so well which really kept the defence on their toes.

Football Peps Barcelona or any Hibs team in the past 5 years would be proud of.

Incidentally, this guy has all the goals on his profile if you want to see the others.

Thank you mate.

Think I’ll watch the 4th on repeat...