The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

To think Charlie Adam said in a Sportsound interview that a Sevco striker must be good cos he played for Roma (so good I can’t remember who he was)

Yet a 10K nobody now has 25 goals in 32 games.

1 minute ago, G-MAN said:

To think Charlie Adam said in a Sportsound interview that a Sevco striker must be good cos he played for Roma (so good I can’t remember who he was)

Yet a 10K nobody now has 25 goals in 32 games.

Sadiq? 10 career goals to his name... Cosgrove could probably pass that before September this season alone

I mean I did say they'd put the Georgian mob to the sword at Pittodrie... but at this rate they've sacked the entire village and stolen their bucket of gold and jewels from the town well (Yes I know that happened in Italy, shush)

In all seriousness, that was a top performance. Not the best team we’ll play this season, but they were much better than the likes of Daugava Riga, the last team we out five past.

Particularly impressed with the new guys, Hedges, Leigh, Gallagher and Oso. Thought Gallagher played a lot better, and made much better decisions than he has in previous games. Oso looks exactly the guy we’ve missed since J**k left. 

I’m not getting carried away, but I think it’s fair to say we can now be called ‘Sexy Aberdeen’ and that you may as well hand over the Premiership title to us now.

Ballon d’Or 🥰🥰🥰

1 minute ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Yes, if I remember rightly, thumping them over there after a draw at Pittodrie

the 3-0 away was the first leg, they then went 2-0 up at Pittodrie but we fought back for the draw. Seriously considering going down if there's the chance of getting a ticket in the away end. 

Ojo, Ferguson, Hedges and Cosgrove were all excellent. Basically everybody else played well, too. I'm not convinced about Gallagher, but he did use his pace more productively tonight even if his use of the ball wasn't always right. 

Ojo just looks like a class footballer: composed, good close control, sensible in possession, has some positional sense, and hasn't been shirking things. I don't want to get carried away, but if he continues to play like that then he might even be an upgrade on Shinnie in certain games, especially ones where we need to keep our composure and hold our nerve to break teams down and retain hold of a game (which we didn't always do at Pittodrie last season). The midfield already looks more balanced with him in there than it did last season. 

Pleasing to have the likes of Bryson and McLennan still to come back into the team, too. More healthy competition can only be a good thing.