The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 19/20

Frank Grimes

Haunt this ya fanny.

Thanks for conceding sheep [emoji106] 20190711_205222.jpg.40e1d3673c1f1536258e8f1e7c4df7a8.jpg
I'm worried, you've either not shown the stake because you have £500 on this and would out yourself as a degenerate, or you had 50p on this bet and don't want to show us your big £2.96 pay day. Which is it?

I'm worried, you've either not shown the stake because you have £500 on this and would out yourself as a degenerate, or you had 50p on this bet and don't want to show us your big £2.96 pay day. Which is it?
[emoji23] it was a fiver, I get nearly £30....big weekend ahead, champagne and caviar all round.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Beyond infuriating.

We should have enough but our worst Euro performance in the 6 year run was away to Fola (who we’re also shite) under very similar circumstances.

I think Fola were better than the lot last night. 

It was a game we totally dominated (last night, not Fola) and it was probably our best first up European performance under McInnes, especially as it was our first step without Shinnie. Both Hedges and Gallagher stepped up to the plate and showed that they're both going to be an asset to the side. 

The only things that went wrong were the inability to score more goals (Cosgrove mostly culpable here), and Logan's awful decision making in the last seconds.

Going by last night, we should have more than enough to win the game next week. It's infuriating though that an individual lapse of concentration has made us look over our shoulders a bit. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

7 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Beyond infuriating.

We should have enough but our worst Euro performance in the 6 year run was away to Fola (who we’re also shite) under very similar circumstances.

Fola away was a very hot afternoon and we tried to cruise through the game and never got out of first gear, even when we needed to.

I am hoping the one positive from their goal last night means the players know they will need to be 'on it' over there and take the game to them.  On last night's evidence, provided we have that attitude, we'll be fine.

Edited by tarapoa

10 hours ago, big al said:

for me, the team started to lose  something as soon as Hedges went off and the momentum goes a little with each sub after that.

I knew Hedges was coming off, when he simply stopped chasing his man back, leaving us a bit exposed for the build up to their only other reasonable chance.

I said to my mate 'he's f**ked' and about 30 seconds later, he was off.

Our record on the back of winning 2-1 at home in the first leg is tragic.

The saving grace is that Rapid Vienna, Feyenoord, FC Sion, Real Zaragoza, Dynamo Berlin and Apollon Limassol were all considerably better than Rovaniemi.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

The saving grace is that Rapid Vienna, Feyenoord, FC Sion, Dynamo Berlin and Apollon Limassol were all considerably better than Rovaniemi.

I was quite relaxed about next week until i read that Tarapoa!!!

On 12/07/2019 at 20:26, tarapoa said:

The saving grace is that Rapid Vienna, Feyenoord, FC Sion, Real Zaragoza, Dynamo Berlin and Apollon Limassol were all considerably better than Rovaniemi.

Also Real Zaragoza  in the late 60's

58 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Also Real Zaragoza  in the late 60's

I had subsequently edited that in - but had already been quoted.  I hoped no-one would notice, what with my OCD about these things.

On 12/07/2019 at 20:26, tarapoa said:

You must be a fair age if you can remember us beating Real Zaragoza.

It was before I was born, but I know my Leatherdale, especially European games.

Someone that played in the tie brought this round yesterday.IMG_0314.jpg

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was at the game.

24 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

It was before I was born, but I know my Leatherdale, especially European games.

Someone that played in the tie brought this round yesterday.IMG_0314.jpg

Who was that then?