Carluke Rovers

Stormrelic

• 3 months later...

The Management and Committee at Carluke Rovers are delighted to announce 2 new additions to our squad for the new season.

Kevin Patrick McAllister, Goalkeeper, joins us from Gartcairn Juniors.

James Van Nuil, Midfielder, joins us from Forth Wanderers.

Both players now join the squad ahead of this weekends visit to Wishaw.

Welcome to the Rovers guys.FB_IMG_1567719514092.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Carluke Rovers Defender, Reece Lowdon, at his own request, is available for transfer.

Interested parties should contact club manager Derek Wilson on 07984 192905.

The club would like to thank Reece for his service to the Rovers and wish him all the best for the future.FB_IMG_1570740554700.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Carluke Rovers are in the market for new signings. Whether you are a junior club with players on the transfer list or an amateur player wanting to make the step up to junior we would be pleased to hear from you. If you are interested then please contact the club at carlukerovers@gmail.com in the first instance.

19 hours ago, Stormrelic said:
On 30/12/2019 at 18:53, Rob Roy no 1 said:
Has Carluke got a manager yet?

Currently club Captain Mark Weir is taking charge of the team ,the club has received numerous applications for the position .

When is the club looking to appoint a new manager just it seems to be dragging on a bit and also players are leaving in there droves so my question is will the club be able to fulfil fixtures if players are leaving and replacements not coming in, looks to be very worrying times for the club seems to be in turmoil currently 

Guest Rob Roy no 1
12 minutes ago, Kp91 said:

When is the club looking to appoint a new manager just it seems to be dragging on a bit and also players are leaving in there droves so my question is will the club be able to fulfil fixtures if players are leaving and replacements not coming in, looks to be very worrying times for the club seems to be in turmoil currently 

You would think they would be trying to get someone in who could bring players in with them. Have they started interviews yet?

55 minutes ago, Rob Roy no 1 said:

It’s crazy as you say players leaving every week can’t be good for the club. 

Not at all, surely the best they can expect now is a lower end of the table finish with limited resources 

Guest Rob Roy no 1
1 minute ago, Kp91 said:

Not at all, surely the best they can expect now is a lower end of the table finish with limited resources 

Depends on how quickly they appoint a manager and if it’s the right manager. If it was my club I’d be hoping to appoint a manager who has had a good playing career and can bring in the right players. I’ve said it before but look at David Gormley not got any managerial experience but was a good player with a good career and is still young.

On 30/12/2019 at 18:14, Stormrelic said:

Carluke Rovers are in the market for new signings. Whether you are a junior club with players on the transfer list or an amateur player wanting to make the step up to junior we would be pleased to hear from you. If you are interested then please contact the club at carlukerovers@gmail.com in the first instance.

How many players have actually left or have been transfer listed since the manager got sacked? Will the club have enough numbers to fulfil fixtures especially seeing as the club is now looking for amateur players to fill holes from what I can see 🙈 also why is there nothing coming out of the club regarding what's going on? My suggestion and I know it means nothing as I'm only a fan but why not give a manager a go whos not one of the usual names banded about, soemown hungry to make a name at junior level as time after time it's the same names banded about all of the time be a first and try something fresh and different for a change u may be surprised 

2 minutes ago, Kp91 said:

How many players have actually left or have been transfer listed since the manager got sacked? Will the club have enough numbers to fulfil fixtures especially seeing as the club is now looking for amateur players to fill holes from what I can see 🙈 also why is there nothing coming out of the club regarding what's going on? My suggestion and I know it means nothing as I'm only a fan but why not give a manager a go whos not one of the usual names banded about, soemown hungry to make a name at junior level as time after time it's the same names banded about all of the time be a first and try something fresh and different for a change u may be surprised 

Strange. I was under the impression you were a Maryhill fan when we recently were taking a bit longer than you thought necessary to appoint a new manager...

Much like with ourselves in recent weeks, Carluke will - rightly - be working behind the scenes to sort out a new manager, and very little will be made public until that happens, and certainly nothing will on a forum like this.

A club that went public on P&B with "X was in for it but did a shit interview, and the first words out of Y's mouth was how much money would he have to spend" would be a laughing stock.

2 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Strange. I was under the impression you were a Maryhill fan when we recently were taking a bit longer than you thought necessary to appoint a new manager...

Much like with ourselves in recent weeks, Carluke will - rightly - be working behind the scenes to sort out a new manager, and very little will be made public until that happens, and certainly nothing will on a forum like this.

A club that went public on P&B with "X was in for it but did a shit interview, and the first words out of Y's mouth was how much money would he have to spend" would be a laughing stock.

Hi no I'm just a football fan in general I go around alot of junior games and only want the best for the game we all love, ideally I would love all clubs to have very good managers and he in a good place but this is football and as we all know that's not how it works but sometimes in situations like this I think the club could at least keep the fans and players updated as to what's going on, silence is sometimes not the best course of action and by that I don't mean by saying who has applied for what job I mean just by keeping the fans updated as to what's going on and I agree with your comment 

1 minute ago, Kp91 said:

Hi no I'm just a football fan in general I go around alot of junior games and only want the best for the game we all love, ideally I would love all clubs to have very good managers and he in a good place but this is football and as we all know that's not how it works but sometimes in situations like this I think the club could at least keep the fans and players updated as to what's going on, silence is sometimes not the best course of action and by that I don't mean by saying who has applied for what job I mean just by keeping the fans updated as to what's going on and I agree with your comment 

I think you can see where I'm coming from from these quotes where you represented yourself as one of our fans...

The most concerning part of this all is the lack of response from the people at the top there seems to be no response and a lack of anyone wanting to push the club forward seems like a rudderless ship that's on the verge of sinking, it doesn't take a club over 8 weeks to appoint a Permanant manager so that itself is a worry, the fans are starting to stay away due to the lack of good football and us losing games week after week and that's lost income for the club and I can't see how the club is going to come back from this, the management position should have been sorted out weeks ago in my opinion 

And:

My concern is that they have apparently been looking for a manager for over 2 months and still nothing has happened and nobody from the club has said anything different so as fans we are very much in limbo and feom what I've been told the players haven't a clue what's going on either and that itself is having a huge effect on performances and results as having uncertainty in and around the squad is having a huge negative effect but th3 club seem happy just to let this happen and for me certain relegation is looming unless they can pull there fingers out and get a manager in asap who can try and save this sinking ship, give it to someone who is hungry to succeed or make there name in the junior game and back them 100% otherwise myself and all the other fans and indeed some of the players fear the worst 

While it's a nice idea to keep fans apprised of developments as much as possible, there is unfortunately very little that can be ever be made public of the tedious process of weeding of expressions of interest, schedules of meetings and interviews and subsequent reasoning for certain people not getting certain jobs...it is and always will be sub rosa between the committee of the club concerned and the applicants.

13 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I think you can see where I'm coming from from these quotes where you represented yourself as one of our fans...

The most concerning part of this all is the lack of response from the people at the top there seems to be no response and a lack of anyone wanting to push the club forward seems like a rudderless ship that's on the verge of sinking, it doesn't take a club over 8 weeks to appoint a Permanant manager so that itself is a worry, the fans are starting to stay away due to the lack of good football and us losing games week after week and that's lost income for the club and I can't see how the club is going to come back from this, the management position should have been sorted out weeks ago in my opinion 

And:

My concern is that they have apparently been looking for a manager for over 2 months and still nothing has happened and nobody from the club has said anything different so as fans we are very much in limbo and feom what I've been told the players haven't a clue what's going on either and that itself is having a huge effect on performances and results as having uncertainty in and around the squad is having a huge negative effect but th3 club seem happy just to let this happen and for me certain relegation is looming unless they can pull there fingers out and get a manager in asap who can try and save this sinking ship, give it to someone who is hungry to succeed or make there name in the junior game and back them 100% otherwise myself and all the other fans and indeed some of the players fear the worst 

While it's a nice idea to keep fans apprised of developments as much as possible, there is unfortunately very little that can be ever be made public of the tedious process of weeding of expressions of interest, schedules of meetings and interviews and subsequent reasoning for certain people not getting certain jobs...it is and always will be sub rosa between the committee of the club concerned and the applicants.

Yeah I totally understand that mate and it's a fair comment and when i day as fans I meant in a general term not specifically to any club so sorry for the confusion