Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

When you push this cold winters and BoJo strategy for independence on here do the full implications of having this upper class twit of the year show lunatic taking us over the cliff edge on a hard Brexit on a wave of Little Englander populist frenzy ever cross your mind? For example, Britain isn't self-sufficient in food, and the EU has been the source of most food imports in recent times. If there's disruption at the channel ports on food imports Scotland is last in line in terms of the supermarket supply chain, because we are furthest away.

And the further England's rulers take them away from the EU, the more difficult it will be make seamless borders with both blocs, and convince the Scottish electorate it will be a doddle.

When you push this cold winters and BoJo strategy for independence on here do the full implications of having this upper class twit of the year show lunatic taking us over the cliff edge on a hard Brexit on a wave of Little Englander populist frenzy ever cross your mind? For example, Britain isn't self-sufficient in food, and the EU has been the source of most food imports in recent times. If there's disruption at the channel ports on food imports Scotland is last in line in terms of the supermarket supply chain, because we are furthest away.
Unfortunately that's the way it's going, I'd rather make our own journey.

Another good argument for independence. We can’t be end of the line! We need our own port for food imports.

Listening to Hunt on Marr, I'm now convinced that the man is insane.

He was prattling on about how being "British" carried respect throughout the world due to our great past etc and as a result of this we would be able to deal with anything that a "no deal" would bring. When asked about huge job losses he stated that it would be unfortunate but the "greater good" was more important and he was sure that the people losing their jobs would understand this.

He then went on about slashing corporation tax as "putting money in the pocket of business was all that mattered".

Christ, and I though Bojo was a terrifying prospect.............

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He was prattling on about how being "British" carried respect throughout the world due to our great past etc and as a result of this we would be able to deal with anything that a "no deal" would bring. When asked about huge job losses he stated that it would be unfortunate but the "greater good" was more important and he was sure that the people losing their jobs would understand this.

He then went on about slashing corporation tax as "putting money in the pocket of business was all that mattered".

They're both equally horrifying prospects.

Nicola summed it up nicely the other day when she said would you rather be run over by a bus or a lorry.

Btw, I thought Sophy Ride made a complete mockery of BJ and his plans for leadership.

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They're both equally horrifying prospects.

Nicola summed it up nicely the other day when she said would you rather be run over by a bus or a lorry.

Btw, I thought Sophy Ride made a complete mockery of BJ and his plans for leadership.

Very good!!

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Not seen it but he’s definitely playing to the audience who will vote on whether or not he’s the next PM.

There will be a majority of Tory Party members who genuinely believe that:

a) British (English?) people are respected and envied by Johnny Foreigner, and/or;

b) there’s something far wrong with those foreigners who don’t respect and envy British (English?) people.

51 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

We need to move Scotland closer to the Netherlands so it makes financial sense to import directly to Scotland. 

I remember reading that there was a group of folk who wanted Scotland to join the Netherlands instead of England in the early 18th century. Wild to think about.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I remember reading that there was a group of folk who wanted Scotland to join the Netherlands instead of England in the early 18th century. Wild to think about.

https://dutchreview.com/news/international/scotland-netherlands-reach-brexit-agreement-annexation/

Just now, NotThePars said:

Scary how quickly you found this.

I was looking to see if Spain was still occupying Netherlands when the idea came up, and that link popped up. A united federation of Scotland, Holland and Spain would be cool.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was looking to see if Spain was still occupying Netherlands when the idea came up, and that link popped up. A united federation of Scotland, Holland and Spain would be cool.

Plus or minus Catalunya?

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Plus or minus Catalunya?

A federation might make Madrid less hung up about national integrity, Orkney and Shetland might devolve too. The majority of the 3 nations could spend the winters in Spain and the summers in Holland or Scotland, leaving robots and the English and Portuguese to look after things while we're away.