Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

May was (rightly) hounded out of office for being unable to deliver a Brexit deal that Parliament would support.
She will be replaced by a PM that will be unable to deliver a Brexit deal that Parliament will support.
The frightening thing is that it is so obvious that neither Hunt nor Johnson will be able to progress Brexit without a GE.  Even then there is no guarantee that there will be a Parliamentary majority.

Would a GE progress things? What happens if it’s a similar result to the current parliament?

maybe get a few more Lib Dem’s thrown in? Lib-lab coalition? Didn’t go well for the Libs last time.

Push comes to shove, how many Tory MPs do you think will vote to bring down the government in the event of no-deal? Grieve and Clarke are the only two certain to go for it, I reckon.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Would a GE progress things? What happens if it’s a similar result to the current parliament?

maybe get a few more Lib Dem’s thrown in? Lib-lab coalition? Didn’t go well for the Libs last time.

If I'm in a game of pool that's turning into a boring stalemate or the c**t I'm playing keeps snookering me without attempting to pot a ball, I smash the balls around in hope of finding a new pattern so I can finish it off. Worth a bash.

If I'm in a game of pool that's turning into a boring stalemate or the c**t I'm playing keeps snookering me without attempting to pot a ball, I smash the balls around in hope of finding a new pattern so I can finish it off. Worth a bash.

That didn’t work so well for the Tories in 2017.

3 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Push comes to shove, how many Tory MPs do you think will vote to bring down the government in the event of no-deal? Grieve and Clarke are the only two certain to go for it, I reckon.

Tobias Ellwood reckoned 12 on Panorama last night. 

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Like I said in my post there is no guarantee a GE would progress things, however if all else fails all you can do is go back to the people.  

Personally I think another Referendum would give a more clear cut result (so long as the Leave option(s) was/were spelt out) but there’s less chance of a Tory PM calling for another Referendum than a GE.

3 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Enough; and I can understand why they are reluctant to put their heads above the parapet until they have no other option.

Tobias Ellwood reckoned 12 on Panorama last night. 

Curious if that group of four or so hardline Labour Brexiteers, including Hoey, would support the government. Weird times we live in!

22 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Curious if that group of four or so hardline Labour Brexiteers, including Hoey, would support the government. Weird times we live in!

I can only assume that any Labour MP refusing to support a vote of confidence motion against a Tory Government would be immediately expelled.

Defying the whip on a Brexit motion is one thing, on a VoC it would be a completely different matter.

Equally any Tory MP supporting such a motion would face a similar fate but I imagine they already know that.

The Tory remainers already know they'll likely be deselected after being targeted by Leave.eu's campaign to get up to 30 thousand ex kippers to sign up as members in their constituencies in the last 6 months. The rules make it more difficult for Labour MP's to be deselected but I can't see how the likes of Kate Hoey could survive in Vauxhall, so she probably doesn't give a toss about getting kicked out either.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The Tory remainers already know they'll likely be deselected after being targeted by Leave.eu's campaign to get up to 30 thousand ex kippers to sign up as members in their constituencies in the last 6 months. The rules make it more difficult for Labour MP's to be deselected but I can't see how the likes of Kate Hoey could survive in Vauxhall, so she probably doesn't give a toss about getting kicked out either.

Medias reports say that Conservative Party membership has plummeted in recent months but Tory HQ will not admit it. Tens of thousands of members who resigned or let their membership lapse will probably get ballot papers.

Is there any evidence to suggest that tens of thousands of ex-kippers have joined? Local associations  say a few ex-Tories who defected to UKIP have returned to the party but there's been no mass influx of kippers. You are probably taking Aaron Banks too seriously. He's become the bogey man of the paranoid left's loony conspiracy theories. 

Boles, Grieve and Lee have blamed their no confidence votes on ex-kippers. However, their constituency chairmen have said that they are talking nonsense. Boles jumped before the vote and Lee did not even bother to turn up to the meeting. 

17 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Medias reports say that Conservative Party membership has plummeted in recent months but Tory HQ will not admit it. Tens of thousands of members who resigned or let their membership lapse will probably get ballot papers.

Is there any evidence to suggest that tens of thousands of ex-kippers have joined? Local associations  say a few ex-Tories who defected to UKIP have returned to the party but there's been no mass influx of kippers. You are probably taking Aaron Banks too seriously. He's become the bogey man of the paranoid left's loony conspiracy theories. 

Boles, Grieve and Lee have blamed their no confidence votes on ex-kippers. However, their constituency chairmen have said that they are talking nonsense. Boles jumped before the vote and Lee did not even bother to turn up to the meeting. 

Here's the paranoid lefty Daily Telegraph on it.

Conservative membership swells by 36,000 ahead of leadership election

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Same thing hapoened to Labour when it came to the vote to elect JC.

Massive increase in new members.

Shame there aren't hordes of young geography teachers with leather elbow patches to boost the Lib Dems.