Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

21 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

He described his wife as a "Rottweiller with Lip Gloss".

And that sums up his attitude towards women by his generation.

He was on the same flight into Atlanta as myself and as we disembarked he was all sweetness and light to a couple of passengers but when I spoke to him all I got was a curt hello and  he immediately turned his back on me. 

Being southern english I can only assume he looked down on what he would describe a Sweaty Sock.

I don't get why people go up to talk to people they don't know because they recognise them from the telly.

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Having no football to go to I spent a pleasant day watching the tennis, finally finishing with Andy and Feliciano reaching the doubles final. I did dip into Sky during some adverts in the afternoon . Bo Jo was evasive as usual and I quickly gave up given his bumbling persona. I did hear his response to his attitudes to business ,in which he said he had been a strong defender of the Banks in the financial crisis; that will go down well in the neo liberal world but the dodgy banks were the ones whose reckless unpunished behaviour led to this decade of austerity! ( and Brexit).

Labour should take that clip and put it in every single one of their campaign videos.

They'll still be too busy fighting each other though.

4 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Labour should take that clip and put it in every single one of their campaign videos.

Heard the whole thing and it really made me think he's lost his marbles. Talking to a Birmingham audience about what a great bunch of lads the bankers were who crashed the economy, and how he's not sure about HS2 but Crossrail 2 is a great thing and how Sadiq Khan should get his finger out. That and he's totally lost the essential political tool of evading answering a question without babbling completely irrelevant waffle. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

No objection to them calling the police, but I'd be a bit miffed if I was his girlfriend if my neighbours recorded me having an argument with my partner and flogged it to the press.

Why would you be miffed, throwing things about is not normal for males or females in a relationship, people should know if a potential big shot and or his/her partner is or isn't a fruit loop.

Just now, ayrmad said:

Why would you be miffed, throwing things about is not normal for males or females in a relationship, people should know if a potential big shot and or his/her partner is or isn't a fruit loop.

I wouldn't want to have to whisper in my own flat in case my neighbour was bugging me and feeding it to the press, for one.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I wouldn't want to have to whisper in my own flat in case my neighbour was bugging me and feeding it to the press, for one.

I don't think it was a typical argument going by the snippets, one or other throwing things isn't acceptable IMO, I had plenty of beefs with my wife, can't remember either of us throwing things and certainly can't remember either having to tell the other to get off, it's not acceptable and if that's what you do behind closed doors then tough shit if it hits the papers.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I had plenty of beefs with my wife, can't remember either of us throwing things and certainly can't remember either having to tell the other to get off

Good for you.

The most astonishing thing about all this is the police arriving within 5 minutes at that time of the night, the toffs are obviously more important to the authorities in this country.

Momentum will probably have one out by the end of the month. They’re quite good at short and snappy vids.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Unfortunately many couples don't always live up to your high standards.

I don't have high standards but when I crossed lines in my life I accepted the consequences without bitching and whining about it.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:
20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The neighbour didn't record everyday normal verbal activity.

Most people would get a bit paranoid that they might after that experience. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Most people would get a bit paranoid that they might after that experience. 

A prospective PM should be aware of that potential whenever he speaks.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

welshbairn making a complete c**t of himself trying to defend the Tory tosser.  That’s what life must be like when you’re so desperate for interaction that you have to be edgy.

Given that I've slagged him off for everything he's said and done apart from this overhyped nothing story, you're just being silly. Mind you don't spill your rioja on the sofa in case you get shouted at.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Given that I've slagged him off for everything he's said and done apart from this overhyped nothing story, you're just being silly. Mind you don't spill your rioja on the sofa in case you get shouted at.

Why is a prospective PM being told to get off, crashing noises and the sound of things smashing an over-hyped nothing story?