Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

16 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I think Gove is the only one who would put up any sort of fight to Johnson in the last two (mainly because he’s the only other Brexiteer). Not at all surprised if he tries to get rid of him today.

Would Gove be your favoured choice? They'e all brexiteers now are they not?

I can't believe the shite that some of these candidates can come out with :

Jeremy_Hunt
FollowFollow @Jeremy_Hunt
More

5 reasons why I want to be PM: 1. Best chance of getting a better Brexit deal 2. Entrepreneur who'll turbocharge economy 3. Reformer who'll abolish illiteracy 4. Foreign Sec who'll make Britain walk tall in the world 5. Campaigner who will win over young people Come on board!

20 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I think Gove is the only one who would put up any sort of fight to Johnson in the last two (mainly because he’s the only other Brexiteer). Not at all surprised if he tries to get rid of him today.

I think it's the opposite tbh. He's maybe got more initial support than the other two but he's very toxic and his ceiling is low. Yougov have 50% of Tories saying they wouldn't think he'd be a good leader while the rest are higher than 60% (with the exception of Hunt). While Boris has spent years winning favourability in his party by reaching out to all quarters and making ridiculous promises, Gove has spent months pissing off those very same people.

Javid is a blank canvass with the least amount of shite on him IMO.

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Jeremy_Hunt
More

5 reasons why I want to be PM: 1. Best chance of getting a better Brexit deal 2. Entrepreneur who'll turbocharge economy 3. Reformer who'll abolish illiteracy 4. Foreign Sec who'll make Britain walk tall in the world 5. Campaigner who will win over young people Come on board!

It would be more unbelievable if one of them came out with something insightful, if that was your 4 candidates for running your bowling club you'd be tempted to throw your hat in the ring just to avoid having a numpty at the helm, ffs, we're saying this is the best the country has to offer.

Cameron always came across as quite obviously posh, but was quite good at managing to pretend to be a little bit less posh than he actually was. I have noticed in the last week or so that Hunt is incapable of speaking in a manner that doesn't resemble a minor royal uncomfortably conversing with members of the public on a visit to a community centre in Bolton. 

37 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think it's the opposite tbh. He's maybe got more initial support than the other two but he's very toxic and his ceiling is low. Yougov have 50% of Tories saying they wouldn't think he'd be a good leader while the rest are higher than 60% (with the exception of Hunt). While Boris has spent years winning favourability in his party by reaching out to all quarters and making ridiculous promises, Gove has spent months pissing off those very same people.

Javid is a blank canvass with the least amount of shite on him IMO.

For entertainment value Gove would make mincemeat out of Johnson in a debate, and wouldn't hesitate to stick the knife in if he thought he had a chance of winning. Hunt v Boris would be bland as f**k, although Hunt must be a bit handy with the dark arts to get as far as he has in politics, so maybe he'll undermine Johnson more sneakily and discretely. More likely he'll carry his bags for him on his triumphal tour of the Shires though.

There's an air of school's out euphoria about all of this, as the election of Head Boy reaches its thrilling conclusion.  What jolly japes and larrikins !

However, back in the real world, anyone who thinks that any of these four tits is capable of applying a handbrake turn to the most disastrous course charted by a democratic nation in modern political history is every bit as much a fool.  By mid-August Johnson or whoever will be backtracking furiously as the EU and Ireland prescribe another, but larger, f**k-off pill.  What happens thereafter is anyone's guess but rest assured, Ann Widdecombe's coupon will still be a condom full of walnuts.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Jeremy_Hunt
More

Not at all, I’m not a Tory so don’t have a favoured choice and looking at those 4 it’s hard to think who’d be the least worst.

I might be wrong but it just seems like the Tories want a Brexiteer in charge and I can’t see anyone who voted remain giving Johnson a run for his money.

The advantage Gove has over Hunt is that he’s actually quite a good orator. He can give a good speech and articulate his thoughts well. He also was a major part of the leave campaign, which would normally be an advantage but because he voted for the WA he’s now some sort of traitor.

Advantage that Hunt would have is that he can directly compare his time as foreign secretary with that of Johnson. He also has a more statesman vibe to him. Members also don’t know as much about him, which might be a good thing. He can creative his own narrative more than Gove could.

I’d think Gove would have a better chance against Johnson. Assuming there’s no tactical voting, I think he’ll also move up to second place on the next ballot due to Stewart supporters coming over.

36 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There's an air of school's out euphoria about all of this, as the election of Head Boy reaches its thrilling conclusion.  What jolly japes and larrikins !

However, back in the real world, anyone who thinks that any of these four tits is capable of applying a handbrake turn to the most disastrous course charted by a democratic nation in modern political history is every bit as much a fool.  By mid-August Johnson or whoever will be backtracking furiously as the EU and Ireland prescribe another, but larger, f**k-off pill.  What happens thereafter is anyone's guess but rest assured, Ann Widdecombe's coupon will still be a condom full of walnuts.

Must be the first time that “Ann Widdecombe” and “condom” have been used in the same sentence.

Unless it was decrying her father for not wearing one.

9 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I believe if Gove gets that 2nd spot, his big message to the blue rinse brigade will be that he's the only candidate to beat the Marxist threat from Corbyn.

And they will pat the poor boy on the head and vote for the Etonian.