Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

54 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Stewart's response to the Trump question was embarrassing, and it completely undermined his entire 'authentic' platform. 

I think Stewart struggled tonight because the other candidates were quicker to disrupt him and to challenge him to expand on his applause lines, like Gove when he suggested a cross-party discussion on social care. 

Johnson wasn't impressive, but it was a decent hour for him purely because nobody else was particularly good either. 

Bad night for Stewart, but given the other candidates ganged up to talk over him, it's not surprising. Johnson ignored questions by just blanking them and droned on with nothingness. Gove and Hunt totally lacked sincerity. Javid probably did best out of an awful bunch. Terrible night for the Tory Party and the BBC, I rate Emily Maitlis as an interviewer but that format was a disaster, she had no control and they just ignored her. She also missed an open goal by not asking Johnson what his Great Grandfather would have thought about him scaring Britons with the lie that 80 million Turks were about to arrive.

Edited by welshbairn

Some of you may remember the three Stooges short films they used to show at matinees, well what we saw tonight was the Five Stooges trying their hardest to look and sound clever and totally failing.

Embarrassing to watch especially with that Stewart surely the biggest clown and total dollsheed in politics, seems like all you need for a safe tory seat is an eton education and a spell as an army commissioned Rupert, there's wiser eating grass than that abomination.

The only bit I saw of it was the question about the Irish border. They all waffled on about wanting an open and smooth border with no insight into how it would work. "Technology" I think was the best they could come up with. Also, it's hardly TAKING CONTROL OF OUR BORDERS AGAIN!!! If there's an open one to an EU country. Thick c***s.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There was a question from Scotland, which unfortunately had nothing to do with how the Union might be protected and preserved.

Not that I want it to be protected and preserved.

I did spot that and we have announced a climate emergency so the BBC likes to keep up to date with Holyrood. It maybe means that with Bristol being quite near Wales then that is what counts. It does seem amazing that Scotland's remain vote  and threat to the precious union (justified in my view) can just be ignored whilst Northern Ireland can get a  deserved question ( but no answers) . I find it baffling that more than half the programme was given over to Non Brexit issues since these five chumps have to win an election before they can change the current mandate of 2017. The sooner I can escape the better

None of them have an answer to the Irish backstop issue because there is no answer.

I’m not sure if the line that ‘the EU will renegotiate’ is simply a lie or genuine self delusion.  Probably 99% the former, but there’s maybe one or more daft enough to believe their own propaganda.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

None of them have an answer to the Irish backstop issue because there is no answer.

I’m not sure if the line that ‘the EU will renegotiate’ is simply a lie or genuine self delusion.  Probably 99% the former, but there’s maybe one or more daft enough to believe their own propaganda.

There is an answer.

Remain in the Customs Union.

My favourite part was probably the bit with the woman asking about her partners job security and how she could be ensured that it would not be lost due to brexit. Which was then met with the "we're a great country" shtick.

It single handedly summerized brexit for me. No conclusive answers, plans or insurances. Just empty bluster from drivelling English nationalists.

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

So has this farce strengthened the case for a Yes to Scottish Independence?

Would anyone who voted No last time think about voting Yes next time?

"Naw! Ah dinnae like that Alec Salmon or wee Jimmy K!"

Sadly.

17 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

My favourite part was probably the bit with the woman asking about her partners job security and how she could be ensured that it would not be lost due to brexit. Which was then met with the "we're a great country" shtick.

It single handedly summerized brexit for me. No conclusive answers, plans or insurances. Just empty bluster from drivelling English nationalists.

Hopefully it got a decent audience and nobody will ever vote Tory again. What a shower of cowardly no hopers. Imagine someone from another country thinking that this is the best they can offer to lead the country.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Hopefully it got a decent audience and nobody will ever vote Tory again. What a shower of cowardly no hopers. Imagine someone from another country thinking that this is the best they can offer to lead the country.

They would have all stood up fully kitted in their UJ gear giving it the salute when they heard the word "great". Abosolute nutters, the lot of them.

Tbf he got a masterclass on getting shouted down by the older boys in the playground there. He also showed no ability to adapt to the format, the other's were playing for a draw amongst themselves and picked Rory for the weak one to be kicked off the list tomorrow. Here's him saying what they wouldn't let him get out, wouldn't have helped him if he had. Nobody wants reality anymore.

https://twitter.com/RoryStewartUK/status/1141079366484541441

So has this farce strengthened the case for a Yes to Scottish Independence?
Would anyone who voted No last time think about voting Yes next time?

Funny you should mention that...two of my work colleagues who were reluctant No voters in 2014 told me yesterday they would cross to Yes in future. That was before last night's Britain's Got f**k All Talent show.