Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

Gove’s utter desperation to bring up Corbyn at every opportunity and try to deliver some kind of “vicious mic drop” against him has been by far the most embarrassing part of that whole farce, and that is quite the statement considering the whole process was one giant fucking minter.

13 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:
Pleased that Stewart's got through.
Might now make tonight's TV debate worth watching.

Sadly, no

Oh come on DM....

It has been an extremely stimulating and uplifting debate.

Thanks to all that I can now predict with some certainty that our next Prime Minister will be some sleazy, duplicitous, fucking, Tory arsehole

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Watching that debate, I found myself agreeing with Rory Stewart more than with any of the others.
Not in terms of anything he said but the way his head went down when any of the others were talking in a "what a load of shite" kind of way.

Boris Johnson might be good at after-dinner speeches but is that what is required for a Prime Minister.

Finally, I would like to say that the format of this debate was a million times better than Question Time - not difficult.
No morons in the audience saying something obvious that will get a loud cheer.  Yawn.

Stewart's response to the Trump question was embarrassing, and it completely undermined his entire 'authentic' platform. 

I think Stewart struggled tonight because the other candidates were quicker to disrupt him and to challenge him to expand on his applause lines, like Gove when he suggested a cross-party discussion on social care. 

Johnson wasn't impressive, but it was a decent hour for him purely because nobody else was particularly good either. 

Stewart's response to the Trump question was embarrassing, and it completely undermined his entire 'authentic' platform. 
I think Stewart struggled tonight because the other candidates were quicker to disrupt him and to challenge him to expand on his applause lines, like Gove when he suggested a cross-party discussion on social care. 
Johnson wasn't impressive, but it was a decent hour for him purely because nobody else was particularly good either. 
Stewart's body language of sat on a stool, legs splayed, face staring at the floor, reminded me of myself around 2am in Glasgow's Savoy circa 1978.

What a load of poorly chaired drivel. No question from Wales? Boris unable to remember a guy's name despite his Muslim ancestry. Boris talking constantly across any question from Ems. They will all think they did well but I don't think I could watch anymore of this rubbish. Roddie will be the next knocked out and Saj will go shortly leaving the liar/the weasel/ and the man whose mixed Chinese/British kids don't get any bother at school. When Bojo wins, this tells us a lot about why Tories prefer Brexit to any rational choices.

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

What a load of poorly chaired drivel. No question from Wales? Boris unable to remember a guy's name despite his Muslim ancestry. Boris talking constantly across any question from Ems. They will all think they did well but I don't think I could watch anymore of this rubbish. Roddie will be the next knocked out and Saj will go shortly leaving the liar/the weasel/ and the man whose mixed Chinese/British kids don't get any bother at school. When Bojo wins, this tells us a lot about why Tories prefer Brexit to any rational choices.

There was a question from Scotland, which unfortunately had nothing to do with how the Union might be protected and preserved.

Not that I want it to be protected and preserved.

8 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

No Constitutional question from Scotland. We just don't exist to them.....

We're treated as just another county north of Cumbria or Northumberland.  They basically don't give a flying f... of anywhere north of Watford.  "Equal partners" - remember that ??   Just as when Rip, Rig and Panic turned up pre-vote in 2014 with their "vow".  Morning after the vote, the hog-shagging Cameron remarked that Elizabeth Saxe Coburg Gotha was "purring".

Sooner we rid ourselves of this 'kin shower lording over us in their colonial master-like manner the better.

Amen