Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Running along the bottom of Sky News just now is a note that Dominic Raab will, if elected leader, fight for a fairer deal on Brexit, a fairer deal for British workers, and a fairer society where every child can fulfill  their potential

Wow! If that's not leadership material I don't know what is.

These people are cretins.

There is no fairer deal on Brexit.

The English chose our bed, but we do not have to lie in it.

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Looks like he has a cunning plan.

5F8NF8nj_bigger.jpgDominic RaabVerified account @DominicRaab
FollowFollow @DominicRaab
More

I believe I have the right plan to deliver Brexit and honour our promises to voters.

Raab is very, very dangerous.  I think he’s one who would go for a Hard Brexit despite every warning.

He has already said he will obstruct Parliament in trying to stop leaving without a deal.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Raab is very, very dangerous.  I think he’s one who would go for a Hard Brexit despite every warning.

He has already said he will obstruct Parliament in trying to stop leaving without a deal.

I don't disagree that Raab is the least desirable candidate, far worse even than the awful Boris Johnson, Esther McVey or Andrea Leadsome, but I'm confused as to how he plans to "obstruct" either a VONC or another Cooper-Letwin bill.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I don't disagree that Raab is the least desirable candidate, far worse even than the awful Boris Johnson, Esther McVey or Andrea Leadsome, but I'm confused as to how he plans to "obstruct" either a VONC or another Cooper-Letwin bill.

Like so many of his Tory colleagues he's nothing more than a two faced c**t.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Leave on 31 October is the default position.  Introduction of legislation to change this is the prerogative of the executive.

Whilst this has been successfully challenged recently I think he could make it tougher.

There was even suggestion (not by Raab himself) that a No Deal PM could prorogue the next parliamentary session to stop a vote!

44 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Aaaaaaaaargh.

Sorry.

I just caught a glimpse of Ann Widdecombe on TV.

Horrible, innit? Is she were a dog she'd be shot for foaming at the mouth.

11 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I think it's a sign of how fucked these times are that any of these characters get near responsibilities beyond washing, dressing and feeding themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Leave on 31 October is the default position.  Introduction of legislation to change this is the prerogative of the executive.

Whilst this has been successfully challenged recently I think he could make it tougher.

There was even suggestion (not by Raab himself) that a No Deal PM could prorogue the next parliamentary session to stop a vote!

Certainly a No Deal PM can just sit on their hands and let us crash out by default, but there are ways for the opposition/backbenchers to prevent this.

Corbyn can VONC the government and if he could either persuade the DUP, or 10 remainer Tory MPs do back him, then he'd overturn the 325-306 vote that confirmed the house's confidence in the government in January. 

Failing this, Oliver Letwin and Yvette Cooper will just put through another bill which mandates the PM to get an extension if a deal hasn't been agreed by the last EU summit before 31 October.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Certainly a No Deal PM can just sit on their hands and let us crash out by default, but there are ways for the opposition/backbenchers to prevent this.

Corbyn can VONC the government and if he could either persuade the DUP, or 10 remainer Tory MPs do back him, then he'd overturn the 325-306 vote that confirmed the house's confidence in the government in January. 

Failing this, Oliver Letwin and Yvette Cooper will just put through another bill which mandates the PM to get an extension if a deal hasn't been agreed by the last EU summit before 31 October.

Not sure of the procedure, but a new Tory leader would have to prove they has the support of the House before becoming PM, which effectively means a VOC. If they're advocating a hard brexit their time in the sun could be very brief. Letwin and Cooper's bill only won by one vote last time, and I don't think all 27 EU states would approve another kicking the can down the road without a reason like a GE or Ref2. I think a General Election is the only way to avoid a hard Brexit, and enough Tories would put Country before Party and their own jobs to make it happen. Maybe I'm being naively optimistic.

And that would be the end of the Conservative party. What a double whammy!!

22 minutes ago, Donathan said:

DUP will not support a Labour VOC but there might be enough disillussioned Tories who will, particularly if a rabid Brexiteer becomes PM.

I reckon if there's enough support in Parliament to take the legislative agenda away from the Excecutive once again then there might just be enough support to topple a Raab/Johnson/Leadsom/McVey led government.

31 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If only Raab had come up with his plan when he was Brexit Secretary, it might have already been delivered...

"I will leave with or without a deal" is more honest than "I will go to Brussels and negotiate a better deal".  More frightening but more honest.

29 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Can we please just factor Labour out of any meaningful involvement as long as the buffoon Corbyn remains Leader of the Opposition ?

If they did that I think it would be the death of the Tory Party.