Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

7 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48702949

Tory leadership: Ruth Davidson apologises for Michael Gove 'kiss of death'

Ruth Davidson's top two choices to become the next PM have been eliminated from the race on the same day.

The Scottish Conservative leader had initially backed Sajid Javid, who was voted out on Thursday morning.

She then said she was backing Michael Gove as the "next best person" for the job.

I would die if she kissed me.

Women long out the race.
Scotsman and man of colour now gone.
Funny that.
There are a lot of things you can accuse the Tories of but I'm not sure this stands up to scrutiny.

They've had the only two female prime ministers, and the last run-off was between two women. Javid and any other non-white future candidates will also get a fair hearing because ultimately they're only concerned with power and money.

Whoever will best keep their grubby hands on the levers of power and not rock the boat - that's who they go for. They're ruthless like that.

Stewart was getting a bit too moderate, and sounding like a liberal democrat most of the time. He was too cutting for their liking, and damaging the chances of electoral success. His Scottishness had nothing to do with it.

As much as he is obviously a very distasteful figure, and I normally wouldn’t want someone like that to become PM, I can’t help but feel there is more skeletons to come out the closet and he willlose his job in a hilarious and humiliating fashion. 

I don't want Boris as PM of the UK. That's a scary thought. But if it's a choice between him and a Remainer I will take him in the short term. As long as he gets us out of the EU, properly out of the EU, he will have done his job.

23 minutes ago, The Chief said:

I don't want Boris as PM of the UK. That's a scary thought. But if it's a choice between him and a Remainer I will take him in the short term. As long as he gets us out of the EU, properly out of the EU, he will have done his job.

Yep, torn out of the EU. Just like Scotland voted for eh?

What does properly mean in this context?

7 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

My biggest fear is that Boris  finds the task of delivering Brexit and uniting the country more difficult than he imagined, and we all discover that he really is just a fat, vainglorious incompetent  bawbag.  That would be a disappointment to a lot of frail, elderly racists.

He doesn't really need to do anything to deliver Brexit.
He'll exit the EU on 31 October with no deal and be a hero to the English lower/middle/upper class.

Yep. Stage now set for a no deal Brexit, a shambles of a trade negotiation with the big trading powers and the UK becoming a demi-51st state of Trumps US.

Probably a reassessment of Barnett too coming up to screw us over. After all the Tories won't be getting many seats here. Be good to screw over the SNP.

The poor will get poorer and middle England richer. 

Chin chin chaps! Job done, time to head for the coffin before the sh!t really hits the fan.

9 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

What are the chances of keeping Hammond on as chancellor given his continued anti no deal statements?
And if he is replaced who's taking over?

Wouldn't it be great if it was Rees-Mogg? Striding the world stage he and Johnson could dress in dinner suits and top hats. They would be the comic turns as the NHS is privatised, employment law is done away with, and more companies leave the UK. 

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
8 hours ago, The Chief said:

What does properly mean in this context?

No customs union. No single market. Out from under the jurisdiction of the European court.

14 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

My biggest fear is that Boris  finds the task of delivering Brexit and uniting the country more difficult than he imagined, and we all discover that he really is just a fat, vainglorious incompetent  bawbag.  That would be a disappointment to a lot of frail, elderly racists.

6 hours ago, Cerberus said:

He doesn't really need to do anything to deliver Brexit.
He'll exit the EU on 31 October with no deal and be a hero to the English lower/middle/upper class.

Your prejudices are slipping. Unfortunately there are a lot of young folk and Scots old and young who support Johnson on Brexit.