Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

34 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'm not sure how authentic this is but he's certainly different from the rest

Yes, despite his appearance!

He's just given BBC Breakfast an interview but didn't sound overly confident of making it through to tonight's live debate.

Eta...

If he doesn't make it on to the debate tonight, I probably won't bother watching as the rest of the candidates are such a predictable bunch of fucking bores.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

The Telegraph are clearly rattled. I also don’t think it’ll go down as badly as they believe? It’s just an example of someone serving their country. Even if it was true, of which there’s little actual evidence, they know full well the Official Secrets Act would mean he couldn’t possibly confirm it.

IMG_7776.jpg

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Why are they getting so bent out of shape about the backstop if they're happy seeing a reunified Ireland?

They never gave a f**k about the backstop, partly because it would never happen as it's a far worse deal for the EU than the UK. The UK would pay nothing, have full access to the single market, and have no freedom of movement. It was just a deal the ERG made with the DUP to block the WA in favour of a hard brexit.

48 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Would SNP members be happy to get independence even if it caused significant damage to the Scottish economy?

No, but then I don't think it would.

The public sector in particular would benefit hugely with new roles being created in Scotland for the likes of Passports, DVLA, Defence, Tax and many other Government departments which are currently controlled by London.

These jobs could easily be created in areas of high unemployment and poverty such as North & East Ayrshire, Renfrewshire and parts of Lanarkshire as a quick example. This would then have a huge knock on effect to the local economies and most likely encourage further investment.

No longer would we need to subsidise pie in the sky projects such as HS2, Crossrail & Heathrow expansions and instead focus our attentions on our OWN economy and what's best for the Scottish tax payer as opposed to what's best for London and the SE of England.

Think about it.................

31 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Rory Stewart being MI6 is a bit of a surprise. It's ripping out of Tobias Ellwood and Tom Tugendhat but Stewart seems too genuinely nice but dim. He must have been a nepotism hire. 

I suppose the CIA have had a few Presidencys so why not. 

Bit like yourself H_B apart from the nice bit.

With respect, I hadn't finished.  If it isn't Humpty Numpty, say on top of a collapsing wall like come clueless, egg cunt.  Now I'm finished.