Runners and Riders.... Next PM.

Hancock aside, a lot of his supporters seem to be switching to Stewart. Paul Masterson just confirmed he will support him. Surely a decent chance he’ll now get the 33 MPs needed tomorrow to stay in for the debate tomorrow evening.

4 hours ago, btb said:

I see Matt Hancock has secured a decent place in BJs cabinet! 

Mundell will be delighted. Eventually came out for Hancock then watches his man opt for Mundell's nemesis. 

It's going to be fun watching that little fucking rodent snivelling around to desperately hold onto his job [emoji38]

This, I'm looking forward to this. Give it a few weeks and he will be telling Boris all about his toilet floor licking skills, and his amusing underpants juggling technique. Morale for the troops sir! 24/7

6 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Kincy still getting bites :lol:

Shower of thickos.

EDIT: I bet he'd support the SNP. He's playing to the moron crowd.

This forum would be crushingly boring if we never took the piss out of trolls, especially those with a penchant for OO Style bigotry and an unfortunate history of absolutely revelling in child abuse. 

20 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Kincy still getting bites :lol:

Shower of thickos.

EDIT: I bet he'd support the SNP. He's playing to the moron crowd.

Plot twist: kincy was the moronic thicko all along and really is a Tory voting, brexit backing, trump supporting idiot. Along with his other loyalist pals who talk about the game from their armchairs over RM.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Imagine having so much faith in the next PM that you stop him from appearing on TV to face scrutiny and rather than the media absolutely riding him for his no show they compare him to some tactical genius.  

Can't say I've seen much in the media saying he's a tactical genius (except The Telegraph for obvious reasons) most have been calling him out for it.

I can understand why he's happy to take the flak for not appearing though. As front runner he has nothing to gain and everything to lose from open debate.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

5 hours ago, Sooky said:

Hancock aside, a lot of his supporters seem to be switching to Stewart. Paul Masterson just confirmed he will support him. Surely a decent chance he’ll now get the 33 MPs needed tomorrow to stay in for the debate tomorrow evening.

Not overly surprised that Stewart is getting a fair bit of support. Aside from the fact he is probably the only candidate who is not an obviously horrendous human being, he is also the most moderate there is(Both politically and in relation to Brexit) and will be perfect for pinning the blame on in a couple of years time when everything has gone wrong and Brexit hasn't returned the glorious empire to it's rightful place.

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I usually buy The Guardian on train journeys and I'm a touch over the average age.  That aside, it's pretty-much accurate.  Problem?

The only paper that influences your views is the Daily Trollegraph.

22 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Not overly surprised that Stewart is getting a fair bit of support. Aside from the fact he is probably the only candidate who is not an obviously horrendous human being, he is also the most moderate there is(Both politically and in relation to Brexit) and will be perfect for pinning the blame on in a couple of years time when everything has gone wrong and Brexit hasn't returned the glorious empire to it's rightful place.

His voting record would suggest otherwise.

Oof Stewart is a c**t. Fucking anti Scottish with a horrendous voting record. Please don't let one appearance on Channel 4 influence you.

2 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

His voting record would suggest otherwise.

He has pretty much gone with the party line on most things, but his actions outside of politics and his work in his constituency would suggest he has the potential to move the party line if given the chance. I definitely still have him as the least bad candidate. Admittedly we are talking degrees of shit, but he seems to be horse shite compared to the absolute dug shite that he is up against.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
30 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Oof Stewart is a c**t. Fucking anti Scottish with a horrendous voting record. Please don't let one appearance on Channel 4 influence you.

His views on Brexit, Iraq and Afghanistan are more what I am on about. Especially with the US ramping up their efforts again to get a war going on with Iran.

The benefit that Stewart potentially brings has nothing to do with his record or his ability to beat Johnson (he won’t) it’s his ability to cast doubts in the minds of both Tory voters and the wider electorate by offering a different perspective.

I am fairly certain that Stewart will not disappear when he falls out of the race.  I reckon he will still be sniping from the sidelines.

When Johnson fails to deliver Brexit there might very well be a realignment in the Tory Party which Stewart will be looking to capitalise on.  That realignment will have a negative effect on their electability.

In the shorter term that will assist in the fight against Brexit as it will show that the Tories are not all singing from the same hymn sheet.

19 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Because many people vaguely interested in politics are balanced and reasonable, and not prone to over-reactions and glib generalisations.

We live in a pluralist society and ideas are often nuanced. My old dad is a card-carrying communist and yet we're inviting the local Tory MP to his 80th birthday party next week (they worked together to provide funding for a community project and have a shared interest in Burns).

It's perfectly balanced and reasonable to hate everyone who wants to lead the Conservative Party. They are uniformly ghouls who have perpetuated utter misery for the most vulnerable in society for their own ideological beliefs and greed.