2019 championship summer transfer rumours

Ayr United have been talking to ex Morton Jack Purdue .
Doolan very much in the frame (from McCall himself)

Signed Jack Purdue once on Football Manager and he was class. That’s about the extent of my knowledge on the guy.

5 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Ayr United have been talking to ex Morton Jack Purdue .

Doolan very much in the frame (from McCall himself)

That will be a signing for the reserves surely?

Jack is an attacking midfielder ,still young only 19 . I think his career at Morton had came of the rails somewhat and he was released . A classic chipped cup . Right down McCall's street . Just been talking I'm told . Probably talked to quite a few over the last few months ....

On the face of it, trying to sign a player that was released from this Morton team would normally set off alarm bells, but McCall's track record with players gives him a lot of leeway. Seems like he would be a work in progress but is exactly the type of midfielder we should be looking at

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

On the face of it, trying to sign a player that was released from this Morton team would normally set off alarm bells, but McCall's track record with players gives him a lot of leeway. Seems like he would be a work in progress but is exactly the type of midfielder we should be looking at

I wouldn’t be too concerned. He’ll be signing for the reserves. 

Signed Jack Purdue once on Football Manager and he was class. That’s about the extent of my knowledge on the guy.
More knowledge than most Morton fans would even have on the guy.
Jack is an attacking midfielder ,still young only 19 . I think his career at Morton had came of the rails somewhat and he was released . A classic chipped cup . Right down McCall's street . Just been talking I'm told . Probably talked to quite a few over the last few months ....
If a development squad ringer being binned for not making the grade who managed just 2 7 minute sub appearance is your definition of 'going off the rails' rather than just being emptied for not being good enough, fill your boots.

Em I'm told the boy has a bit of class , took Manchester United Youth side apart scoring a brace . Had some off the park stuff going on and maybe a bit of an ego . None of this is my idea of anything . Just though I'd post some information on here . Anyway he got 27 mins more than Ross Doohan did in a Morton shirt and look how that went you mug ?

12 hours ago, railwayend said:

Em I'm told the boy has a bit of class , took Manchester United Youth side apart scoring a brace . Had some off the park stuff going on and maybe a bit of an ego . None of this is my idea of anything . Just though I'd post some information on here . Anyway he got 27 mins more than Ross Doohan did in a Morton shirt and look how that went you mug ?

We lost 1-0 to Man United so your information is inaccurate. He may have had a good game though, no idea.