League 2 Prediction with outside bets

On current squads:

1. Edinburgh 

2. Cove

3. Annan

Could literally be anything below that. I think every single team below that will be thinking "we'll probably be good enough to stay up." One of us probably won't be. 

If we have a boring as f**k season where we're nowhere near promotion or relegation, I'll be quite happy. Imperative that we're not relegated before our new era of probable professionalism and Lesser Hampden kicks off. 

This season is actually quite intriguing. Would anyone be THAT surprised if any of the 9, excluding Edinburgh, finished in any other position from 2-10? Even shite like Stirling could put a run together and propel themselves towards the top or Cove could struggle with the demands of league football and flounder at the bottom.

I had QP and Elgin as my bottom two hopefuls but they have strengthened it seems. Brechin will be shite but loans will save them.

If you held a gun to my head, aside from leathering you with my bare hands, I’d go:

Winners - Edinburgh

Play offs - Cove, Annan, Stenny (grinding out 1-0’s all season imo)

Relegated - Albion Rovers

If anyone quotes me on this come may report you. 

25 minutes ago, an86 said:

On current squads:

1. Edinburgh 

2. Cove

3. Annan

Could literally be anything below that. I think every single team below that will be thinking "we'll probably be good enough to stay up." One of us probably won't be. 

If we have a boring as f**k season where we're nowhere near promotion or relegation, I'll be quite happy. Imperative that we're not relegated before our new era of probable professionalism and Lesser Hampden kicks off. 

Totally agree with this. At this stage can't see the winner coming outside the three mentioned.

1. Edinburgh 

2. Annan

3. Cove 

4. QP 

5. Brechin 

6. Elgin 

7. Stirling 

8. Stenhousemuir 

9. Cowdenbeath 

10. Albion Rovers 

Hard to judge obviously when teams are still in the middle of recruiting players, so I could be completely wrong. Been pleasantly surprised by the quality of additions brought in by Roberts and from what I’ve seen, we might surprise a few people 

30 minutes ago, qpfc said:

1. Edinburgh 

2. Annan

3. Cove 

4. QP 

5. Brechin 

6. Elgin 

7. Stirling 

8. Stenhousemuir 

9. Cowdenbeath 

10. Albion Rovers 

Hard to judge obviously when teams are still in the middle of recruiting players, so I could be completely wrong. Been pleasantly surprised by the quality of additions brought in by Roberts and from what I’ve seen, we might surprise a few people 

We're in statue territory if Roberts leads us to the playoffs. We're a very young and inexperienced side. It's hard to couple that with consistency. It's not readily available, but really feel we could do with a couple of veterans who've been over the course. 

Major health warnings on pre-season and League Cup results and performances in relation to the league as well. Don't think we'll truly know what level we're at until we've played a couple of league games.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

We're in statue territory if Roberts leads us to the playoffs. We're a very young and inexperienced side. It's hard to couple that with consistency. It's not readily available, but really feel we could do with a couple of veterans who've been over the course. 

Major health warnings on pre-season and League Cup results and performances in relation to the league as well. Don't think we'll truly know what level we're at until we've played a couple of league games.

I understand what you mean, but I don’t think making the playoffs is essentially doing the unthinkable. No Clyde or Peterhead this season and no outright favourite on paper I’d say. We made the playoff final in 14/15 when we recruited exclusively from the juniors, signing players with next to no senior experience and everyone (including myself) tipped us to finish bottom. Always achievable in my eyes and I’d imagine that’ll be the aim

Again, I could be completely wrong and we end up near the bottom or mid table obscurity. Like you said, you can’t judge until a few league games in. 

Edited by qpfc

24 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I understand what you mean, but I don’t making the playoffs is essentially doing the unthinkable. No Clyde or Peterhead this season and no outright favourite on paper I’d say. We made the playoff final in 14/15 when we recruited exclusively from the juniors, signing players with next to no senior experience and everyone (including myself) tipped us to finish bottom. Always achievable in my eyes and I’d imagine that’ll be the aim

Again, I could be completely wrong and we end up near the bottom or mid table obscurity. Like you said, you can’t judge until a few league games in. 

What was achieved over that two or three years was remarkable and something that will be extremely difficult to replicate. I still don't think enough time has passed for it to be appreciated fully. 

50% of our points last season came against two of the worst outfits seen in league football, in Berwick and Rovers, in many a long year. We managed only three (four if we're counting Clyde) victories across the season against the other eight sides. In true QP style, two of them came against the top two. 

It's certainly possible that we could have a great season. I'm just generally cautious and/or a pessimist. We'd need almost every single one of the starting signings to be better than what they're replacing and be markedly better as a collective. I hope they are and I hope to attend the Roberts statue unveiling. 

What was achieved over that two or three years was remarkable and something that will be extremely difficult to replicate. I still don't think enough time has passed for it to be appreciated fully. 
50% of our points last season came against two of the worst outfits seen in league football, in Berwick and Rovers, in many a long year. We managed only three (four if we're counting Clyde) victories across the season against the other eight sides. In true QP style, two of them came against the top two. 
It's certainly possible that we could have a great season. I'm just generally cautious and/or a pessimist. We'd need almost every single one of the starting signings to be better than what they're replacing and be markedly better as a collective. I hope they are and I hope to attend the Roberts statue unveiling. 

Roberts looks to have had a busy and fruitful summer. Physical strength and lack of pace in key positions, namely central mid/defence have been troubling but he's got some prospects for both. Depth of squad will be our biggest challenge. But according to this thread we started at eighth, have risen to third via fifth, dropped to tenth and settled at fourth currently. Maybe this thread will turn out to be accurate after all. Certainly looking forward to it.

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Roberts looks to have had a busy and fruitful summer. Physical strength and lack of pace in key positions, namely central mid/defence have been troubling but he's got some prospects for both. Depth of squad will be our biggest challenge. But according to this thread we started at eighth, have risen to third via fifth, dropped to tenth and settled at fourth currently. Maybe this thread will turn out to be accurate after all. Certainly looking forward to it.

Signs were certainly good on Saturday. All of the players looked to know exactly what their role was and carried it out well. Better than well in a number of cases.

Very hard to identify who will finish bottom. Lots of teams have had encouraging starts in the League Cup. Queen’s Park, Cowdenbeath and Elgin have all had great results. 

Albion Rovers are not the disaster they were in the first half of last season. 

Right now Brechin are a concern but they may well improve. 

Annan lost a lot of players last season but surely they won’t drop down to 10th. 

Stirling have (in theory) strengthened slightly but who knows where we will end up. Could be 3rd, could be 9th.

In seasons gone by you could rely on The Shire or even Montrose or Berwick to be rank but 2 of them have fallen through the trapdoor and Montrose have, rather inconveniently, become a very useful side. 

Right now I’d say Albion Rovers and Brechin are less capable than the rest but not by much and I could be horribly wrong. 

Edited by BinoBalls

27 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Very hard to identify who will finish bottom. Lots of teams have had encouraging starts in the League Cup. Queen’s Park, Cowdenbeath and Elgin have all had great results. 

Annan lost a lot of players last season but surely they won’t drop down to 10th. 

Stirling have (in theory) strengthened slightly but who knows where we will end up. Could be 3rd, could be 9th.

In seasons gone by you could rely on The Shire or even Montrose or Berwick to be rank but 2 of them have fallen through the trapdoor and Montrose have, rather inconveniently, become a very useful side. 

Right now I’d say Albion Rovers and Brechin are less capable than the rest but not by much and I could be horribly wrong. 

cannae argue with any of that. its gonna be the tightest season weve seen 

1 hour ago, BinoBalls said:

I wouldn't be too drawn in by how teams have performed in the cup so far. It's a slightly more competitive pre-season friendly and no more. Stirling drew with Hibs and got absolutely thumped by Arbroath, for example, there is no real logic.