League 2 Prediction with outside bets

8 hours ago, PELE said:

Because they have two games in hand. Also, Bonnyrigg and Kelty still have to play each other twice. As always with the Lowland League, it will come down to the games between the top two. I think Bonnyrigg will win the Lowland League (sorry Kelty).  Of course you can still lose a play off if you are a decent side, but Brechin are, in my opinion, far better than any of the other side's which finished bottom of League 2.

You waste your time trying to have any sensible dialogue with the trolling p***k

Would be absolute class if Cove chucked it from here. Never had any particularly strong feelings on Paul Hartley until this season but I’ve found it remarkably easy to develop a real dislike for him.

Do agree with some of the above that Brechin are better than the teams that have finished bottom previously but would probably expect them to lose out to the Lowland League champions (Kelty or Bonnyrigg)

13 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Would be absolute class if Cove chucked it from here. Never had any particularly strong feelings on Paul Hartley until this season but I’ve found it remarkably easy to develop a real dislike for him.

Do agree with some of the above that Brechin are better than the teams that have finished bottom previously but would probably expect them to lose out to the Lowland League champions (Kelty or Bonnyrigg)

I agree with the Cove comment .  

As for us , we live in hope . 😱

3 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Our performance and complete capitulation on Saturday was difficult to watch. If those type of performance persist then I’d favour Edinburgh City to win the league.

Saying that I’ve seen us put in many fantastic displays throughout the season and if we return to that form it’ll be an interesting last 13 games as EC will keep winning I’m sure.

Roll on Saturday 

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/05/2019 at 17:19, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Ok guys what do you think?

Please let me know your final league positions with two outside bets for the top and maybe the bottom drop too...….

League 2 is never a clear bet.  There is always a surprise package or two - Edinburgh and Annan this year.  QP and Albion Rovers struggled after dropping down the Leagues.  I am not sure Cove will be as strong as people think.  May take time?  Berwick were finished and the poor League 2 team - so 4-0 and 3-0 was not a big deal.  

My prediction is:

Brechin City

Edinburgh City

Stirling Albion

Queens Park

Annan Athletic

Stenhousemuir

Elgin City

Cowdenbeath

Albion Rovers

Cove Rangers

My outside bet is : I have a feeling Edinburgh City could win the League with Stirling close by. 

Elgin City for the bottom.

christ you had the table upside doon!!!

On 01/09/2019 at 08:38, marello said:

Oh and the cove poster playing things down and hoping for survival maybe hasn't heard from the committee or all those involved in the move from allen park a few years back, their ambitions aren't survival in L2

On 01/09/2019 at 08:36, marello said:

still early days but I think all the signs are pointing to Cove winning the title - no surprise to either the bookies or myself! some 'faux' surprise or else ignorance about how good they were going to be, maybe the southern based posters thought their teams would demolish east kilbride & berwick rangers also?  anyways don't be surprise if Cove do go up, that they put in a good shout at promotion next year also.

interesting summer ahead, will be some decent teams in L1 - assuming falkirk and raith go up as champions and play off winners (would fancy them against thistle or QOS), expect more from clyde but cove will be aiming for promotion play offs

Lets re-visit this May 2020.
Have you anything to add to this thread?  Maybe be brave and predict the league?  Come on be brave...…...
Let's revisit it right now......
Brechin have a good manager and assistant - if they keep their squad they will be up top.
Edinburgh very similar - good infrastructure and team, depends on movement of players.  They are an outside bet for me.
Elgin may sit around 7th, but depends if they can strengthen their squad. 
Cove for me will see a jump in quality - just my humble opinion.  Maybe everyone else will prove me wrong? 
At least we have people talking about the League and I am demented with no games [emoji6]

Aye Brechin's going great guns and Cove are certainly struggling with that jump in quality [emoji849]

Aye Brechin's going great guns and Cove are certainly struggling with that jump in quality [emoji849]

To be fair to him Cove absolutely splashed the cash and their squad is unrecognisable from the highland league one. Therefore there was no jump in quality. In fact most players were competing at a lower level.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

To be fair to him Cove absolutely splashed the cash and their squad is unrecognisable from the highland league one. Therefore there was no jump in quality. In fact most players were competing at a lower level.

multi million investment did help a tad