League 2 Prediction with outside bets

19 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Amazing that Brechin will go from the Championship to the Highland League in 3 consecutive season. All we need now is for Cowdungbeath to get relegated into irrelevance, although they are absolutely seething at Cove winning the league anyway. Some of the predictions on here putting Cove last :lol:

😂

8 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Amazing that Brechin will go from the Championship to the Highland League in 3 consecutive season. All we need now is for Cowdungbeath to get relegated into irrelevance, although they are absolutely seething at Cove winning the league anyway. Some of the predictions on here putting Cove last :lol:

The troll returns.

• 2 weeks later...
I think most on here have been close to correct in their predictions, Cove Rangers, Edinburgh City top or near, Annan not far away, Albion struggling again and Brechin failing to stop the rot.
It does show that the new clubs are finding their feet quickly and its a warning to the clubs who are either content or simply unable to move forward to make an effort to make that move forward into pushing for promotion. These clubs will eventually be fed into the 5th tier as the ambitious, financially stronger clubs from the non leagues come up and establish themselves.
Edit: I have no idea why I keep putting Stirling Albion up in the playoffs every season, they are never that good. Maybe its because Stirling is a reasonably big town and they have decent facilities. All that will happen is that they will drop down further this season and next season will be worse as the League 2 relegation conveyor belt brings them and the likes of Cowdenbeath and Elgin City closer to the drop into the Lowland or Highland League bucket.

I’m interested in who are ambitious and financially strong? Also these said ambitious and financially strong clubs- do they have the fan base to back it up long term or are they relying on sponsors/sugar daddies or both.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

I’m interested in who are ambitious and financially strong?

I'd guess Kelty herts and Bonnyrigg Rose are the two most likely.

Indeed Kelty Hearts will be a great addition to league 2 next season if they make it.

I'd guess Kelty herts and Bonnyrigg Rose are the two most likely.
Indeed Kelty Hearts will be a great addition to league 2 next season if they make it.

Indeed they both at the moment would be great additions to the league set up. However so were Gretna. I’m trying to look long term. I can’t see where a club in a town/village with a population of 4000ish can be financially stable when the sugar daddies/sponsors get sick of spewing money.

Indeed they both at the moment would be great additions to the league set up. However so were Gretna. I’m trying to look long term. I can’t see where a club in a town/village with a population of 4000ish can be financially stable when the sugar daddies/sponsors get sick of spewing money.

Don’t say that in front of the Kelty bunch

The comparison between Kelty and Gretna stops at someone putting a wad of money into the playing squad. What's happening at Kelty is far bigger than Mileson ever done at Gretna. Just saw those new plans for the ground - the infrastructure is being heavily invested in, not just for the benefit of the football club, but for the community. Sure there's players there that can easily be playing at a higher level and they'll be getting paid well, but the club 'should' exist far longer when the money dries up than what Gretna did due to said investment.

The comparison between Kelty and Gretna stops at someone putting a wad of money into the playing squad. What's happening at Kelty is far bigger than Mileson ever done at Gretna. Just saw those new plans for the ground - the infrastructure is being heavily invested in, not just for the benefit of the football club, but for the community. Sure there's players there that can easily be playing at a higher level and they'll be getting paid well, but the club 'should' exist far longer when the money dries up than what Gretna did due to said investment.

Good luck to them.

2 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:
8 hours ago, onecowden said:

The investment in the facilities will make the club more reliant on self funding ie more sustainable going forward, you got to spend money to make money. With the new facilities we will double our income on hospitality, Offer a corporate box for 20, have a functional cafe open daily night and day, an extended Social Club to fit more people. Yeah it’ll take a fair bit of investment but the income will increase fairly quickly also thus letting us put the profits from that increased income onto the pitch.

4 hours ago, onecowden said:

No problem with Kelty. Population of more than 6000. Practically a City.

Population of of 6000 but we are certainly punching above our weight compared to clubs in towns 3 times our size.

Higher average attendances than alot in bigger town clubs, sell out 50 hospitality spaces for every home game, have sponsors boards all around the ground from companies in and outside the village, fill a Social Club every home game all from a wee viallage.

That doesn’t come by mucking around, it comes through very hard work, we try to do things properly within a community based spirit and we always look to improve when we can. People and supporters love that approach and it can attract growth. Not looking for pats on the back but we don’t deserve to be shot at when clubs in much bigger towns can’t get it right.

Edited by kefc

Population of of 6000 but we are certainly punching above our weight compared to clubs in towns 3 times our size.
Higher average attendances than alot in bigger town clubs, sell out 50 hospitality spaces for every home game, have sponsors boards all around the ground from companies in and outside the village, fill a Social Club every home game all from a wee viallage.
That doesn’t come by mucking around, it comes through very hard work, we try to do things properly within a community based spirit and we always look to improve when we can. People and supporters love that approach and it can attract growth. Not looking for pats on the back but we don’t deserve to be shot at when clubs in much bigger towns can’t get it right.

I wasn’t having a go at Kelty. There is no doubt they are getting things right on and off the pitch. The people running the club are doing a remarkable job. If I can just point out a few things however - it’s more costly in SPFL. It’s more to pay at the gate. You won’t win as many games so crowds will be effected when that happens. I’m not saying it’s impossible, it’s just more difficult. If Kelty make it this year, which is entirely possible I see them doing very well in league 2 just like Cove have done. However there will come a time when they reach a level when it becomes tougher. I am watching with great interest that’s for sure. The pyramid has certainly shook things up and Kelty have really grasped an opportunity. Much Kudos and good luck.

I wasn’t having a go at Kelty. There is no doubt they are getting things right on and off the pitch. The people running the club are doing a remarkable job. If I can just point out a few things however - it’s more costly in SPFL. It’s more to pay at the gate. You won’t win as many games so crowds will be effected when that happens. I’m not saying it’s impossible, it’s just more difficult. If Kelty make it this year, which is entirely possible I see them doing very well in league 2 just like Cove have done. However there will come a time when they reach a level when it becomes tougher. I am watching with great interest that’s for sure. The pyramid has certainly shook things up and Kelty have really grasped an opportunity. Much Kudos and good luck.

Tried to warn you

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

There’s certainly going to be a ceiling for a club our size, theres over 1000 houses and a new industrial park being built over the coming few years that will push the population of Kelty up to nearer 10,000 which we would hope to tap into. If we can be an established SPFL L2 club within 5 years and for a further 100 years in the system like clubs in bigger towns then it’s job done. 
The Lowland League is fierce though in terms of competition at the top and the play offs are weighed against the non league clubs, it may take a few seasons to make the 1st jump.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Noticed Kelty had a home crowd of around 300 a week or so ago, possibly for a midweek game. Seems they don’t have the support size of Cove, probably more like Cowdens which makes it tough in League 2 to survive.

Our average home gate this season i suspect will end up around 500-600 with only a few teams bringing any kind of support. Our average is 404 after 6 games in the league and 567 in the League and Cup games, we have still to play Bonnyrigg, BSC, East Kilbride, East Stirlingshire and Berwick at home in the league which will have it creep up to over 500.

IF we were ever to reach L2 over the next few year then it would be much the same possibly higher with bigger away supports and the new housing development that will happen in the village adding to the numbers. We wont get near Coves average crowds i wouldn't imagine.

The way our matchday works may be different from others in that we charge at the gate but we can also get another £10 to £50 from punters through the social club, 30% of punters coming into our ground don't spend £7 or £10 with prog pie, the average spend is £24 when you add in Social Club from 1pm to 8pm at night then theres the booked out hospitality at £40 a head. Clubs cant just survive on gate money.

It's hard for Cowden with the way the stadium is in terms of ownership to get to these levels of matchday income per person although iv noticed your trying to get people to use the lounge on matchdays

Edited by kefc