League 2 Prediction with outside bets

Cove Rangers - 1st
Despite a less than stellar couple of years, Hartley is a great coup for Cove. He knows what it takes to win this division albeit he won't have a Stevie May-type ace up his sleeve this time - or maybe he will if Megginson can continue his prolific scoring record of recent seasons. Have made a very shrewd addition in Jamie Redman whilst Declan Glass seems to be very well thought of. 
Edinburgh City - 2nd
I expect they'll be there or thereabouts again this season. Will be surprised if Henderson repeats last year's scoring form but they've added decent players in Crane and Harris albeit not the most consistent of performers. A good squad at this level and will go close.
Annan Athletic - 3rd
Murphy has done a good job in rebuilding the squad this summer; Wilkie and McLean seem like good signings on paper. Quite liked the look of Tommy Muir from the bits and pieces I've seen. Expect they'll be in contention again. 
Elgin City - 4th
The returning Shane Sutherland and Kane Hester will surely rival Edinburgh City's strike-force as the best partnership in the division. Think that will get them a play-off place above some more workmanlike teams.
Stenhousemuir - 5th
McGuigan adds to the list of very decent strikers in the division - the top scorer award is going to be an interesting battle. Despite McGuigan's goals, I'm struggling to see enough quality elsewhere in the team especially in midfield. Can see them being pipped to the post in the play-off race especially if McGuigan has a poor return.
Albion Rovers - 6th
I think Berwick's utter capitulation somewhat detracted from the miraculous job Kevin Harper did to escape what seemed like inevitable relegation. Retaining Osadolor and Morena looks like great business and Jordan Stewart would have been a decent signing for any team in the division. Think they'll be safe from the relegation battle but can't see them in the play-offs - mid-table mediocrity awaits which is infinitely better than last year's prospects.
Stirling Albion - 7th
If Dylan Mackin was to get in better shape, he could score well in this division. Always liked Div Wilson at Thistle; he was a victim of Archibald's criminal squad management - he was crying out for a loan spell long before he got one and wasted at least 2 years on the fringes of our team without ever really being in with a shout of playing. Shipping 6 to Arbroath and being comfortably beaten by Elgin is a bit of worry.
Queen's Park - 8th
They've been very competitive in the League Cup campaign and it was close in every game. They don't seem to have the attacking focal point that the teams above do though and whilst they'll be tough to beat, not sure they have enough goals to threaten further up the table. Also, as much as I loved Mark Roberts as a player, I'm unconvinced of his managerial ability. 
Cowdenbeath - 9th
Bollan did very well to shore up the defence last year but the zero goal difference shows their struggle for goals. I don't see where they've improved on that this summer and I think they could well struggle. If you don't concede though, you don't lose so maybe they could place higher - Barr is a good signing if he can stay fit.
Brechin City - 10th 
Sorry to say that I don't see Brechin's slide stopping this season. A perfect example of being a victim of your own success. McCord is a very good player but I'm not sure who will be the beneficiary of his midfield play - it seems from the League Cup games that Paul McManus will be the first choice and one imagines he's seen better days at this level. Perhaps this French boy, Ngoy, will have something about him.

This Cowdenbeath struggle for goals - weren't they the second highest scorers among the bottom six last season?

29 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

This Cowdenbeath struggle for goals - weren't they the second highest scorers among the bottom six last season?

Yes - according to the table, Elgin scored more (52). Cowden scored 46, two more than Stirling and Queens Park. Not sure outscoring last season's Berwick and Albion teams is any barometer but point taken.

Across the season, Cowden scored 1 goal or less in 64% of their games; I wouldn't say that's swashbuckling stuff but you'll be far better placed than me to judge. For what it's worth, I don't think there'll be much between Stirling, QP and Cowden again from what I've seen.

You can remove Albion and Berwick form the equation last season they weren't even football teams. So Cowden scored two more effectively than the lowest of QP and Stirling.

It's poor whatever way you want to dress it up and most fans would acknowledge that but Cowden fans will go on the defensive and try and justify everything as though they are half decent. It's bizarre.

Good post though from Armand made a lot of sense and at least there is sensible reasoning behind the post.

39 minutes ago, Neilly said:

You can remove Albion and Berwick form the equation last season they weren't even football teams. So Cowden scored two more effectively than the lowest of QP and Stirling.

It's poor whatever way you want to dress it up and most fans would acknowledge that but Cowden fans will go on the defensive and try and justify everything as though they are half decent. It's bizarre.

Good post though from Armand made a lot of sense and at least there is sensible reasoning behind the post.

obsession.jpg

51 minutes ago, Neilly said:

There’s only 1 way to dress up last season for Cowden, decent improvement.

Not sure how you would know, wasn’t aware you were at many games.

Yes - according to the table, Elgin scored more (52). Cowden scored 46, two more than Stirling and Queens Park. Not sure outscoring last season's Berwick and Albion teams is any barometer but point taken.
Across the season, Cowden scored 1 goal or less in 64% of their games; I wouldn't say that's swashbuckling stuff but you'll be far better placed than me to judge. For what it's worth, I don't think there'll be much between Stirling, QP and Cowden again from what I've seen.

Not swashbuckling nor struggling

Nothing bizarre about sticking to the facts

9/ Brechin City

8. Brechin

9. Brechin

Edinburgh
Cove
Queen’s Park
Annan
Stirling
Albion
Elgin
Cowdung
Stenny
Brechin

10. Brechin 

10. Brechin

Albion
Q P. 
Cove
Edinburgh City
Stirling
Elgin
Stenousemuir
Cowden
Annan
Brechin

Edinburgh
Cove
Elgin
Stenhousemuir
QP
Stirling
Albion
Annan
Cowdenbeath
Brechin

Brechin City - 10th 
Sorry to say that I don't see Brechin's slide stopping this season. A perfect example of being a victim of your own success. McCord is a very good player but I'm not sure who will be the beneficiary of his midfield play - it seems from the League Cup games that Paul McManus will be the first choice and one imagines he's seen better days at this level. Perhaps this French boy, Ngoy, will have something about him.

Jesus Christ. I know we’ve had a shite couple of seasons and we’ve had to pretty much start from scratch but I’d like to think we won’t struggle as badly as most predict!

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Nothing bizarre about sticking to the facts

"the second highest scorers among the bottom six last season?". Why didn't you just say 6th out of a 10 team league? That would be sticking to the facts instead of trying to butter it up as though second highest among the bottom six is some kind of achievement.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Doesn’t have to go to games.This one knows it all.

You don't have to go to games to look at the facts. 46 goals in 36 games in a league that included two amateur outfits is a poor return no matter which way you want to butter it up. Is there a reason why Cowdenbeath fans can't accept that? Do you really think that is good enough and what I am saying is unjust?

On the basis of very little:

1. Edinburgh City

2. Cove Rangers

3. Stenhousemuir

4. Annan Athletic

5. Elgin City

6. Stirling Albion

7. Queen's Park

8. Albion Rovers

9. Brechin

10. Cowdenbeath

You don't have to go to games to look at the facts. 46 goals in 36 games in a league that included two amateur outfits is a poor return no matter which way you want to butter it up. Is there a reason why Cowdenbeath fans can't accept that? Do you really think that is good enough and what I am saying is unjust?

No idea what you are trying to say - just rambling it seems.

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

"the second highest scorers among the bottom six last season?". Why didn't you just say 6th out of a 10 team league? That would be sticking to the facts instead of trying to butter it up as though second highest among the bottom six is some kind of achievement.

At the end of the season we played both Clyde and Edinburgh City who were both in the title race, beating both. We beat City 4-1 and Clyde 2-1. We were poor at the start of the season but finished well. How many teams scored four against City?

Maybe you should do a wee bit of research before your next post.

Within the last quarter of the season you got beat by Albion Rovers 1-0 and drew with Berwick Rangers 1-1. Did  you do that research at all? Ghastly stuff I'm sure any individual with no agenda would agree.

I would suggest over the course of a season those 'big wins' at the end of the season were the exception rather than the rule. That's plain to see. Most teams at this level can turn up on their day and turn over another bunch of part time players. You proved over a 36 game game season to be sub standard I'm really not sure why this is irking some Cowdenbeath fans so much.

Your quality of squad does not seem to have been enhanced much in the summer (Barr is a good player but be lucky to get 20 games out of him) hence most logical people are tipping you to struggle on the back of a poor season last year. Can you understand why neutral people think you will struggle or willl you continue to toddle along in your bubble that Cowdenbeath are a good outfit as they had two results from 36 games?

None of this should be hard to comprehend or be taken personally against the great Cowdenbeath Fitbae Club.

14 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Within the last quarter of the season you got beat by Albion Rovers 1-0 and drew with Berwick Rangers 1-1. Did  you do that research at all? Ghastly stuff I'm sure any individual with no agenda would agree.

I would suggest over the course of a season those 'big wins' at the end of the season were the exception rather than the rule. That's plain to see. Most teams at this level can turn up on their day and turn over another bunch of part time players. You proved over a 36 game game season to be sub standard I'm really not sure why this is irking some Cowdenbeath fans so much.

Your quality of squad does not seem to have been enhanced much in the summer (Barr is a good player but be lucky to get 20 games out of him) hence most logical people are tipping you to struggle on the back of a poor season last year. Can you understand why neutral people think you will struggle or willl you continue to toddle along in your bubble that Cowdenbeath are a good outfit as they had two results from 36 games?

None of this should be hard to comprehend or be taken personally against the great Cowdenbeath Fitbae Club.

Again, research before you post. Have a look at Rovers games towards the end of the season.

Meantime I’ll look forward to Stenny running away with the league.

4 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Jesus Christ. I know we’ve had a shite couple of seasons and we’ve had to pretty much start from scratch but I’d like to think we won’t struggle as badly as most predict!

It was all code for ......We don't know any of your players apart from Shagger and Mccord so they must all be shite . 

All standard univesity graduate / xbox football manager type logic you find in here . ;)

We learned how reliable the judgement of you Stenny pundits on here was back in 05/06 - no research needed for that you individual with no agenda you!

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

6 th highest scorers, and we finished 6 th in the table.

after the 2 seasons before that, it’s a perfectly acceptable and welcome return.

no idea what your point or agenda is with Cowden but it needs to stop.

42 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

It was all code for ......We don't know any of your players apart from Shagger and Mccord so they must all be shite . 

All standard univesity graduate / xbox football manager type logic you find in here . ;)

Lol, OK grandad. 

Who plays FM on an Xbox?

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Again, research before you post. Have a look at Rovers games towards the end of the season.

Meantime I’ll look forward to Stenny running away with the league.

Albion won two of six games after that. They were hardly Brazil '70. Just gloss over the Berwick result as well that's a boy despite what a spiffing good team you had down the stretch.

When have I ever said we would win the league or even be close? This is a debate about predictions for next season and you can't handle the notion you are regarded as a poor outfit by most. I will repeat, I do not know why this irks you but it really, really does.

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

We learned how reliable the judgement of you Stenny pundits on here was back in 05/06 - no research needed for that you individual with no agenda you!

Just saying it as I see it on a debate about final league positions. Stick to spitting the dummy out on the Cowdenbeath thread when anyone dare mention they would like another player in. Get those pockets checked for change and give the fans what they want ya auld rascal!

1 hour ago, big al said:

6 th highest scorers, and we finished 6 th in the table.

after the 2 seasons before that, it’s a perfectly acceptable and welcome return.

no idea what your point or agenda is with Cowden but it needs to stop.

You're a lost cause in debating with in all honesty Al. I honestly think your head just falls on to your keyboard at times. Have a lovely evening.