League 2 Prediction with outside bets

Yes, and there's clearly a difference between being 'wrong all the time' and 'always being wrong'. 
I'm not avoiding your point at all. It's just got nothing to do with the point I was responding to or making. Clearly it's not only market forces that decide the odds, at least initially. Bookies have to release odds before bets can be placed. So they're going to try and make those as sensible as they can.

Yes tissue prices as I explained.

they are rarely wrong because they control the markets to make sure that is the case - yes individual punters can win if they can get on but as anybody who bets seriously knows, that is harder and harder to achieve...

anyways back tae the fitba - good result for Cove, or maybe raith are poor..

Had a change of heart from the post I made earlier. I still stand by the fact that it’s the tightest year in years, no absolute certs at either end of the league and I predict that it will be a year of everyone taking points off each other.

Here’s my new stab in the dark:

1 - Stenhousemuir
2 - Edinburgh City
3 - Cove Rangers
4 - Annan Athletic
5 - Stirling Albion
6 - Elgin City
7 - Cowdenbeath
8 - Brechin City
9 - Queens Park
10 - Albion Rovers

Looking forward to getting things underway on Saturday though.

Now we have squads assembled and a rough idea of the quality I am in a position to give my final standings. You will all be delighted I'm sure.

Can only echo what the others have said though there is a baw hair really between most of the teams. Even the teams who are certified gangs are no push overs like Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath.

1. Cove

2. Edinburgh

3. Stenhousemuir

4. Annan

5. Queens Park

6. Elgin 

7. Stirling Albion 

8. Albion Rovers 

9. Cowdenbeath

10. Brechin 

7 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Now we have squads assembled and a rough idea of the quality I am in a position to give my final standings. You will all be delighted I'm sure.

Can only echo what the others have said though there is a baw hair really between most of the teams. Even the teams who are certified gangs are no push overs like Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath.

1. Cove

2. Edinburgh

3. Stenhousemuir

4. Annan

5. Queens Park

6. Elgin 

7. Stirling Albion 

8. Albion Rovers 

9. Cowdenbeath

10. Brechin 

wow three consecutive last place finishes for Brechin - think ye might hae a grudge!!

47 minutes ago, Neilly said:

1. Cove

2. Edinburgh

3. Stenhousemuir

4. Annan

5. Queens Park

6. Elgin 

7. Stirling Albion 

8. Albion Rovers 

9. Cowdenbeath

10. Brechin 

Oh dear, words of wisdom from an expert. We’re doomed.

On 24/05/2019 at 17:19, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Ok guys what do you think?

Please let me know your final league positions with two outside bets for the top and maybe the bottom drop too...….

League 2 is never a clear bet.  There is always a surprise package or two - Edinburgh and Annan this year.  QP and Albion Rovers struggled after dropping down the Leagues.  I am not sure Cove will be as strong as people think.  May take time?  Berwick were finished and the poor League 2 team - so 4-0 and 3-0 was not a big deal.  

My prediction is:

Brechin City

Edinburgh City

Stirling Albion

Queens Park

Annan Athletic

Stenhousemuir

Elgin City

Cowdenbeath

Albion Rovers

Cove Rangers

My outside bet is : I have a feeling Edinburgh City could win the League with Stirling close by. 

Elgin City for the bottom.

wow u r seriously drunk 

I think we’re a great E/W bet at that price although, betting on this league before teams show their true form is a bit like picking a horse in the Grand National - blind luck for the most part.

This could well be the tightest league for a long time and I’m not expecting us to win it but we look decent if we can keep key players fit. 

Such a precious bunch this year the Cowden fans. Really strange behaviour they can't take handle people thinking they are a poor side.
It's really no big deal mate.

Used to think you were a decent poster. Have to adjust my thinking there. Gross collective generalisation. Unjustified arrogance.

I've absolutely no idea how Cove will show. The HL used to be well respected but in recent years their match-ups to LL teams in the Cup have indicated a few teams with money and everyone else pretty poor by National standards. So they've a lot to prove over 36 weeks. Longer travel for their players too. I've noticed that comments about Cove winning the league come from fans of teams who are Trapdoor candidates.

This league is often tight up until the last few games. Last year was exceptional in that 4 teams dominated the top for most of the season. Two of them have gone, replaced by teams with lower budgets so normal service will resume.

QP fans are bit excited on our showing so far but that's because we never know who or what to expect and any sign of form is unexpected at this stage. We've potential for the play-offs. EdiC have to win it this year or surely questions will be asked about the money levels next summer. ElgC would be my dark horse for the play-offs.

Cove Rangers - 1st

Despite a less than stellar couple of years, Hartley is a great coup for Cove. He knows what it takes to win this division albeit he won't have a Stevie May-type ace up his sleeve this time - or maybe he will if Megginson can continue his prolific scoring record of recent seasons. Have made a very shrewd addition in Jamie Redman whilst Declan Glass seems to be very well thought of. 

Edinburgh City - 2nd

I expect they'll be there or thereabouts again this season. Will be surprised if Henderson repeats last year's scoring form but they've added decent players in Crane and Harris albeit not the most consistent of performers. A good squad at this level and will go close.

Annan Athletic - 3rd

Murphy has done a good job in rebuilding the squad this summer; Wilkie and McLean seem like good signings on paper. Quite liked the look of Tommy Muir from the bits and pieces I've seen. Expect they'll be in contention again. 

Elgin City - 4th

The returning Shane Sutherland and Kane Hester will surely rival Edinburgh City's strike-force as the best partnership in the division. Think that will get them a play-off place above some more workmanlike teams.

Stenhousemuir - 5th

McGuigan adds to the list of very decent strikers in the division - the top scorer award is going to be an interesting battle. Despite McGuigan's goals, I'm struggling to see enough quality elsewhere in the team especially in midfield. Can see them being pipped to the post in the play-off race especially if McGuigan has a poor return.

Albion Rovers - 6th

I think Berwick's utter capitulation somewhat detracted from the miraculous job Kevin Harper did to escape what seemed like inevitable relegation. Retaining Osadolor and Morena looks like great business and Jordan Stewart would have been a decent signing for any team in the division. Think they'll be safe from the relegation battle but can't see them in the play-offs - mid-table mediocrity awaits which is infinitely better than last year's prospects.

Stirling Albion - 7th

If Dylan Mackin was to get in better shape, he could score well in this division. Always liked Div Wilson at Thistle; he was a victim of Archibald's criminal squad management - he was crying out for a loan spell long before he got one and wasted at least 2 years on the fringes of our team without ever really being in with a shout of playing. Shipping 6 to Arbroath and being comfortably beaten by Elgin is a bit of worry.

Queen's Park - 8th

They've been very competitive in the League Cup campaign and it was close in every game. They don't seem to have the attacking focal point that the teams above do though and whilst they'll be tough to beat, not sure they have enough goals to threaten further up the table. Also, as much as I loved Mark Roberts as a player, I'm unconvinced of his managerial ability. 

Cowdenbeath - 9th

Bollan did very well to shore up the defence last year but the zero goal difference shows their struggle for goals. I don't see where they've improved on that this summer and I think they could well struggle. If you don't concede though, you don't lose so maybe they could place higher - Barr is a good signing if he can stay fit.

Brechin City - 10th 

Sorry to say that I don't see Brechin's slide stopping this season. A perfect example of being a victim of your own success. McCord is a very good player but I'm not sure who will be the beneficiary of his midfield play - it seems from the League Cup games that Paul McManus will be the first choice and one imagines he's seen better days at this level. Perhaps this French boy, Ngoy, will have something about him.