League 2 Prediction with outside bets

We missed out on 6th spot due to lack of goals scored and we've addressed that and tightened our defence. I'm not expecting to win the league, but we're not going to be worried about finishing bottom as some of the earlier posters think.

On 03/07/2019 at 21:00, Thom & Gerry said:

Why is it a massive sponsorship deal? Do you know the figures?

No idea what kind of figures Elgin get for sponsorship but I’d say six figures at this level is pretty massive. 

6 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Not getting all the positivity for Elgin recently.  Signing Sutherland is good but Dingwall doesn't really impress me. 

They beat Aberdeen under 15s heavily tonight, may as well give them the title now. 

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Not getting all the positivity for Elgin recently.  Signing Sutherland is good but Dingwall doesn't really impress me. 

Andrew MacDonald proved to be one of our best loan players of recent times in his last spell with us, considering its our most problematic position, it's a signing to be very positive about.

O'Keefe is lighting fast and scored one of the fastest hat tricks I've ever seen tonight. Pace down the wing is something we've lacked since Craig Thomson was on loan a few years ago.

Keeping Hester is a good signing, I think him and Sutherland will link up very well together and he's a huge huge improvement on McLeish.

Dingwall offers much more energy and legs that JP didn't have

Bronsky is fully fit after missing most of last season

This is the first time in I don't know how long where the players we're bringing in are better than what we had before, so why wouldn't we be feeling positive? We're usually sitting with a bunch of trialists at this point that only get signed out of desperation, the fact Gav chose targets and went out and got them early is positive for us. So for Elgin fans, plenty to be positive about

Edited by MorayCup

45 minutes ago, MorayCup said:

Andrew MacDonald proved to be one of our best loan players of recent times in his last spell with us, considering its our most problematic position, it's a signing to be very positive about.

O'Keefe is lighting fast and scored one of the fastest hat tricks I've ever seen tonight. Pace down the wing is something we've lacked since Craig Thomson was on loan a few years ago.

Keeping Hester is a good signing, I think him and Sutherland will link up very together and he's a huge huge improvement on McLeish.

Dingwall offers much more energy and legs that JP didn't have

Bronsky is fully fit after missing most of last season

This is the first time in I don't know how long where the players we're bringing in are better than what we had before, so why wouldn't we be feeling positive? We're usually sitting with a bunch of trialists at this point that only get signed out of desperation, the fact Gav chose targets and went out and got them early is positive for us. So for Elgin fans, plenty to be positive about

agree

100k over 5 years is without doubt a substantial sponsorship deal which every other club would love but not massive or game changing. I would reckon that the higher spending clubs in the division would have an annual player budget of around 100 - 135k.

12 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

100k over 5 years is without doubt a substantial sponsorship deal which every other club would love but not massive or game changing. I would reckon that the higher spending clubs in the division would have an annual player budget of around 100 - 135k.

unless i'm wrong I think it is cove that got the 6 figure sponsorship but some on here think it was elgin.  I think your right, I think the higher spending clubs in the division will be around £130k with maybe cove now more than that

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Do you know it is £100k like? It could far exceed that so be even more substantial. Add that to the naming rights of the ground, the good uptake on hospitality and other vast sponsorship they attract I am not sure another club will get close to their income generated.

I dont think it's that big as far as I'm aware the rovers had a similar figure with reigart sponsoring them

unless i'm wrong I think it is cove that got the 6 figure sponsorship but some on here think it was elgin.  I think your right, I think the higher spending clubs in the division will be around £130k with maybe cove now more than that
I think the average clubs budget will be around 120 biggest budgets will be double that (cove and edinburgh)

9 hours ago, The Pastmaster said:

Reigart paid Rovers £9K per quarter for shirt and stadium naming rights

Tbf, you could argue that's largely for a giant high-impact sign right beside the A89 in the middle of Coatbridge that not a single local can miss rather than caring about the shirt sponsor that only a fraction of the population will actually see.

Clubs like Albion, Dunfermline, Alloa, Arbroath etc  have a pretty jammy advantage seeing as they're right beside the main roads (although strangely I don't think Arbroath have any sponsor signs on show outside Gayfield?).  Forres Mechanics (beside the A96) love a sign though:

Forres.thumb.PNG.0c517b5361a433ef64b959ce745b4ead.PNG

Edited by Hedgecutter

Mcbookie have cove at 6/4 favouritesScreenshot_20190710-155822_McBookie.thumb.jpg.970a4f6db2d1c1046b74dd4132d71c0d.jpg

Floods of money for Cove since Hartley has been appointed. Best Price available is 9/4 with William Hill. It’s not a bet I’m interested in as it takes ages to get paid out and agony if you are waiting the whole season and you get beat on goal difference. This actually happened to Cowden quite a few years ago with Hamilton pipping us. That put me off for ever.