Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

5 hours ago, Walk Glasgow said:

That's the thing, SL Clyde:

You see it every season where teams that have had a dire campaign suddenly do the biz against all expectations right at the end.  Whether it is largely down to opponents with no incentive to compete or complacency with sides in party mode doesn't matter.

Corner a rat in a broom cupboard and trust me it won't roll over!

I would expect us to go for it and Peterhead to do likewise if/when we don't take our chances.

As for the (hopefully) playoffs, we have been mainly up against full time opposition all season so, without being disrespectful in any way, we should go into this expecting to prevail and chasing a win in both legs of the tie(s).

That said, if we go down without a whimper and there is neither the money, the strategy,  the demonstrable vision for the next campaign or (joke coming up) a "REAL businessman with investment" then it is Sayonara Clyde sooner rather than later.

Agreed teams can pull results out at the end, Albion Rovers and Bonnyrigg for example have done it late on. I just don’t see Peterhead doing it. 

20 hours ago, Walk Glasgow said:

think we have to really go for it at Dunfermline. Trying to contain them is not the answer.

To be fair, we have no natural centre backs playing.  Otoo seems more of a left back but is the closest player to what you would call a centre back. We have Comrie who's a 5 foot 9 right back and Chris Hamilton a 5 foot 7 defensive midfielder. No Bene or Breen. Must be tempting to have a go at a back line like that.

On the flip side, we have done better against teams that have a go at us. Our biggest problem has been teams sitting in very deep. Edinburgh and Kelty have recently done that and come away with a point.

On 19/04/2023 at 21:41, JIMMY CHOO said:

Robert’s is working his ticket to move to another league 1 club. His form only improved after Christmas when he got himself fit. I think he is the outstanding player of the entire league but it’s a shame he has  used us in this manor.

mark my words he will be with airdrie or kelty next season.

Already been at Airdrie and flopped,  bad attitude apparently,   To me he is an archetype League 1 jobber,      he played ok in the 5 1 game a few weeks ago but he was playing against an 18 year old rookie,  he like a,shot right enough, if he does sign  the club better get nets for behind the goal to catch his many shots on goal...

For me Kelt y or whoever can have him

On 25/04/2023 at 17:34, Walk Glasgow said:

....So do we enter the field on our knees and ask them to please not beat us?

If you think you can't get a result then you surely won't.

0-0 would do us fine, they’ve not got much to play for and a couple of players suspended after last week. Keep it tight and see how the game (and Peterhead’s game) pans out. 

52 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

0-0 would do us fine, they’ve not got much to play for and a couple of players suspended after last week. Keep it tight and see how the game (and Peterhead’s game) pans out. 

They may not have much left to play for as the title is theirs but they are miles better than us which is the issue!

On 26/04/2023 at 21:55, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

They may not have much left to play for as the title is theirs but they are miles better than us which is the issue!

Agree, hence the reluctance to say just go for it and implode early on. 

Disappointed to lose the game today to an injury time goal.

I thought we were excellent defensively. Dunfermline hardly had a shot on target out with their goals.

And credit where credit is due. I've been very critical of Docherty recently. I thought he was impressive today.

49 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Disappointed to lose the game today to an injury time goal.

I thought we were excellent defensively. Dunfermline hardly had a shot on target out with their goals.

And credit where credit is due. I've been very critical of Docherty recently. I thought he was impressive today.

Very disappointed. Twitter claims the disallowed goal was onside and we had a couple of other chances which were better than anything Dunfermline mustered.

No doubt that we are a better team now than we were when Duffy took over, if still a bit behind the standard required at this level.

Doherty played well, as did the centre halves. Very disappointed in Rennie's contribution off the bench.

If anyone said to me in November we would not be 10th I’d have laughed in their face we were SO excruciatingly bad.
So I’m still  shocked we actually made the playoff place.
Absolutely no idea how we will do but at least have a chance, whether deserved or not, Peterhead it would seem, are even worse than us thankfully. 
I just pray our habit of gifting goals even when playing quite well does not continue into the playoff games.

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

If anyone said to me in November we would not be 10th I’d have laughed in their face we were SO excruciatingly bad.
So I’m still  shocked we actually made the playoff place.
Absolutely no idea how we will do but at least have a chance, whether deserved or not, Peterhead it would seem, are even worse than us thankfully. 
I just pray our habit of gifting goals even when playing quite well does not continue into the playoff games.

We need to shut the door at the back as scoring more than 1 goal in most games seems beyond us.

Given we only have one home match left this season, it's worth highlighting our away league record since promotion:

Played: 61 

Won: 9

Drawn: 14

Lost: 38

Goals Scored: 48

Goals Conceded: 108

When you add in the fact we weren't even allowed in the stadium to see four of those away wins, it's not been great.

We're not very good but we're clearly a hell of a lot better than our league position would suggest. If the players continue to put in the effort they have the last few games I see no reason why we won't get through the relegation playoff.

Definitely worth a point today which would have seen us draw three outta 4 with the (almost) runaway league winners. Where did it all go wrong? 

Edited by RutherGlen