Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

However it’s not actually Clyde FC nor the board who are submitting the bid it’s the Charity foundation. 

0.000000% of people will be distinguishing between the club and the charitable foundation, especially given that the club will be playing in the stadium.

3 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

However it’s not actually Clyde FC nor the board who are submitting the bid it’s the Charity foundation. 

While I've no reason to doubt this, I'd be amazed if there wasn't any input at all into the bid from the club or the board, given the statement on the site talks about 'our' and 'the club's' bid.  The thing with saying something like this is that it can almost be interpreted as a case of throwing the charity foundation under the bus if it all goes to pot.

Also, if there has been no input at all at club level to this bid, it would naturally beg the question why not, given this has been hyped as our most significant move in a considerable period, potentially one that could be crucial to the direction of the club going forward.

I also want this to go ahead, but do have concerns that the support Finnart has, especially from a local councillor who is fairly influential, may make this not a done deal by any manner of means.

As someone who grew up in Cumbernauld when Clyde moved in, there was very little engagement with the local youth. The £5 season ticket was a good idea, but absolutely no one knew about it.

For us to grow any sort of fan base at Crownpoint, that has to be priority imo. Then again, losing every week, we could leave the gates open and no one would walk in. It’ll always come down to that. 

On 13/04/2023 at 11:06, FREDDYFRY said:

Reality is, I suppose, we can only look at one potential project at a time so I’d imagine that there is no alternative site (as has been said by club) until we know what’s happening with Crownpoint. 
if our bid is unsuccessful then I’d assume we continue as we have for last 25 years and rent a stadium and continue to not earn any income till we manage to secure somewhere as a home.
Therefore we have to all get behind the current project I’d say.

Remembering of course it’s not the club it’s the charity wing that are processing the bid etc. 

A lot is said and unsaid by the Board, I feel sure many things happen that the owners and support are not told about......

So if it is the charity wing as you refer to it....where does that leave the Club? Still renting a ground?

7 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

And kings won’t sell or engage with the club 

This has not always been the case...the Kings were ready to negotiate a deal with Clyde in 2015.

A certain Director went initially and met with King and another family member and set up a meeting for two more senior directors and the subsequent meeting ended with King inviting the Clyde directors to leave.

Miles the better side here and could be a couple ahead. Their goal looked well offside but a lot of bodies in the box.

We have battered Edinburgh in two other first halves this season and ended up well beaten so a tough second half ahead no doubt.

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

To put a (very) optimistic spin on things, we’re unbeaten in three!

We've deserved at least 5 points from those games as well, we've actually looked like a reasonably decent team. Maybe Swift is having an impact or maybe it's from playing three sides on poor runs but it does give some hope. I'll give Duffy some credit today as well, he got his tactics spot on going 442 and having two strikers up against their weak centre halves.

Today's win was entirely deserved and if it wasn't for some poor finishing and a complete virgin of a referee then it would have been a lot more comfortable. The difference between him and the refs in the last two games was night and day. Every little contact was a foul, and somehow he found over six minutes of stoppage time.

Ryan Mullen had two good saves; one in the first half when Ross Lyon forgot he was on a football pitch and the other in the second half when McLean forgot he can't run and got caught up the pitch. He is someone we should be proactive in tying down to a longer deal; he'll make mistakes but he's got a very high ceiling.

For me, the improvement in recent games has came from getting acceptable displays from some of the poorer players. Scullion was absolutely immense again and Rennie had a far better game up alongside Doherty. Craig has grown a lot this season, which is just as well given how bad he was initially. It's good that we've had players helping out the more consistent ones like Roberts, Cuddihy and Sula. Having Duthie as a strong option of the bench helps as well.

Most important moment of today was Roberts standing up after going down injured. 

That was immeasurably better today, we played with a tempo and intensity that was mysteriously lacking against Kelty last weekend.

I thought Liam Scullion was excellent.  He's been very much maligned at times this season, but the last few weeks he has come into some really good form.  His pace and the way he was finding space was causing the Edinburgh defence a lot of problems and his cross for Cuddihy's goal was superb.  We're going to need performances like that if we are to get through the play-offs.

I will go against the consensus in that I thought the Edinburgh equalizer was onside.  However, given the assistant was the same one flagging for a substitution when the ball hadn't even gone out of play, it's a tough one to call...!  And to be honest it's the only time I was going to defend the officials today.  If Scott Lambie was excellent in the Falkirk, and Stewart Luke reasonable last week, Peter Stuart was just plain awful.  At one point I thought the breeze was going to pick up a caution for persistent fouling.  At least it seemed like a smallish breeze was responsible for the Edinburgh players hitting the deck the way they did.  That should have been a straightforward game to officiate and he made a complete horlicks of it.

Still feel we need to cut out some defensive frailities.  Sula was determined to induce heart attacks in the stand with some kamikaze clearances, and at times we still give far too much space in midfield and to forward players.  But credit deservedly goes to all the players today, and hopefully it gives a massive confidence boost for the play-off games upcoming (I say that because I doubt Peterhead will catch us now)

When I saw Salkeld was out I feared the worst tbh but the midfield really impressed me today.  We are still prone to trying to shoot ourselves in the foot at the back. Lyon not clearing, McLean getting caught out of position, Sula seems to have a 10 minute window where he sliced everything! I will need to see the goal again but I'm sure that could have been cleared, but in Mullen we seem to have a better get out of jail card. It does seem to be happening less often and we are recovering our composure quicker instead of just falling apart, which is good to see. 

Scullion looks a new signing